Colorado Mesa University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Colorado Mesa University

Arianna

Great university offers lots of opportunities and is a great place to live, and study at. Has lots of involvement, can join clubs, sports, study groups, meet people everywhere. Hosts lots of on campus activities to get the students involved and stay on grounds.

Keesha

I think Colorado Mesa University is a good school that is affordable and has a little bit of everything for everyone while maintaining a good community. They keep small class sizes to make it more personalized and with the pandemic they are finding ways to continue education while keeping everyone safe and working with their needs.

Mauryn

The teachers are apathetic and unhelpful unless you are a straight A student they don't have to pay attention to. A lot of them thrive off having power and making students struggle. All the administration makes sure to back them up too so don't go looking for any sympathy from them. Scholarships are almost nonexistent for those of us in the middle, so unless you were an academic rock star in high school or poor as dirt you better hope you have rich parents or work your butt off to pay for tuition.

Lindsay

As part of my personality I haven't seen much of the social scene around campus; that's not to say there isn't one. I have an ongoing beef with the way meal plans are set up, but if you don't worry about meal plan swipes there are plenty of places available on and off campus.

Caitlin

I love it, I am very happy I chose Mesa. I love Grand Junction and the people who live and go to school here. I love the outdoor opportunities and the professors. It's a nice campus and a competitive university academically. I feel very at home here and I am happy to get my degree here.

Katrina

The campus is wonderful, and it's continuing to grow. Most of the faculty works with you to help you figure out what you really do you want to do with your life, so you don't end up wasting a whole bunch of money. The students here are generally very nice, and it's easy to make friends. I am so happy with my decision to choose Colorado Mesa University.

Jeana Althea

It is a nice, small and cozy campus. The class sizes are fairly small, which gives students the ability to have more face-to-face interaction with their teachers. The teachers are also always available during their office hours and are very enthusiastic to help with any problems or answer any questions.

Shelby

CMU is definitely my favorite university in Colorado. I personally think everything about the campus and the academics is beyond perfect since I am aspiring to be a performing arts major. I first fell in love with Mesa when I went to a music camp there in middle school and now that I'm in high school, I began to look further, such as the extracurricular activities and basically everything.

Roper

The university is a great place for education and entertainment. We have various types of classrooms, lecture rooms, standard rooms, and studios. Each room is spacious, well kept. The food choices are awesome, and the cafeteria is restraunt quality containing comfortable chairs, inviting atmosphere. Plus has parking for cars, bikes, and skateboards.

Sydney

Colorado Mesa University is a good school! It is a good size school, and there is constantly ways that the School Board is looking to improve the academics, facilities or extracurricular opportunities. There are a lot of great professors who care about their students, and even for a mid sized university, the class sizes are small enough that professors make an effort to get to know their students.

Chase

To me, Colorado Mesa University is a wonderful place to build a good foundation for myself in order to prosper in life. Attending CMU has changed my view of the world, as well as my standards for what kind of life I would like to create for myself. I value the professors and the facilities that are available for all students. I highly recommend my school to anyone contemplating the decision to further their education by attending a university. CMU and the faculty have brought many good things to my life, and I intend on growing as a young adult to share the valuable knowledge I have accumulated with the rest of the world.

Michele

My experiences with Colorado Mesa University are still pretty young. I transferred in and just finished my first semester. So far the professors have been wonderful and I absolutely love my adviser. Everyone has been very helpful and extremely accessible. I am an online student so this makes a world of difference to me. All the professors that I have had so far have been very accommodating, friendly, and helpful. The one thing I have not liked is the automatic assumption that I am a traditional student. Every conversation I have had with an instructor up to this point has started with an almost condescending tone until I let them know I am a full-time employed wife and mother who is back in school after an almost 20 year break. I know dealing with young adults barely out of high school can be frustrating and bothersome at times but my only request is for everyone to be spoken to in a respectful manner from the get-go. Other than that, my experiences with Colorado Mesa University have been beyond expectations. The classes have been well organized, help is available when needed (even for online students), and extremely enjoyable for my degree.

Shayna

I love it. It is still a growing campus in the middle of town. Colorado Mesa has many opportunities to get outside and participate. There are multiple sports that can be played at 3 different levels. The programs are so diverse and have degrees that other Colorado universities don't have. The faculty are willing to help and everything is easily accessible. The Campus is small enough so that you can cross it, by walking, in about 10 minutes or less.

Emma

I love Colorado Mesa University, I have yet to meet a bad professor. The class sizes are great because they are pretty small, and you are able to have a one on one talk with your professor. The outside school life is very school, and good. There are so many well rounded people there, I am so blessed to call it my home away from home.

The campus is beautiful and well taken care of. Most people are nice and welcoming. The dorms can be really great or terrible, but it really depends on the people living there. The classes are alright, but it can be very difficult to get the classes you need when you're a freshman or sophomore.

Classes sizes are really nice, especially for major specific courses. The area is beautiful and has a lot of activities. Price is not outrageous, for colleges that is. some teachers are unpleasant, but that is to be said for any school. Would highly recommend online classes, they are well structured and work really well for those with working schedules.

Daisy

My overall opinion on Colorado Mesa University would be that it's a wonderful campus. But I feel as though there isn't a lot of culture being spread out. It seems to me that there are still cliques at this college.

Sara

I love CMU! The campus is beautiful and there's so much to do around campus - hiking, rafting, skiing, etc. It's not too big and not too small; just right! I'm proud to be a Maverick! The facilities on campus are great, like the fitness center, and the campus center. I recommend CMU!

dalton

I loved this school. I went to visit it once when I was a junior in highschool and they mesmerized me so much that im now applying there to further my education. The teachers know you on a first name basis and the student body is filled with friendly, helpful , and caring people. They involve everyone and you are part of a huge family.

Arthur

As a Veteran, I find that Administration for the Veterans lacking, and with so many veterans out there why doesn't the school have a Veteran taking care of the veterans. The veteran community is none existent, no brotherhood amongst veterans. It seems to me the administration cares only about getting your money. They allow cheating in classes with no punishments, I guess if you don't actually want the education and only the paper this is the school for you. Most of the professors are great but their hands are tied by so many administration. School sucks.

Tori

This is a beautiful campus and has a great campus atmosphere. There are so many activities like snowboarding, rafting and rock climbing. The campus is really geared to getting students to participate in activities. Grand Junction is 4 hours away from Denver and close to all major ski resorts. Great place to go to school.

Ann

Although I had other plans regarding college, I am glad I chose to come to CMU. It is by far one of the best schools on the Western Slope and has a really affordable tuition. I'm enjoying my student life here so far and hope to stay for my 4 years. GO MAVS!

Skylyn

Colorado Mesa has been better than I ever imagined. I originally only heard about because a friend was interested in their forensics program, but after a few weeks of helping her look at I fell in love. Since coming here, that affection has only grown stronger. Everyone on campus, from the students to the staff and teachers, is immensely helpful and friendly, and the small class size make it easy to get the most out of classes. Further, the campus is gorgeous- there's nothing better at the end of the day than the view of the sunset that welcomes me on the walk back to my dorm. The only downside I found going here is the colder winter weather, and how early it seems downtown shuts down. Outside of that, this constantly growing small town school is a dream come true.

samantha

I've only been at Mesa for a semester and I already love it! everyone is so friendly. The class sizes are small so you are able to get to know your professors really well. The area of Grand Junction is beautiful but if you aren't into outdoor activities this isn't​ the school for you.

Christina

Colorado Mesa is a fantastic University. They offer great class size and they also have more than one campus. Which makes it very efficient for people, like myself, that live 60 miles or more away from main campus. They work with everyone on financial aid and push for all their students to succeed.

emerson

My overall opinion of CMU is that it is a great school and anyone would be lucky to attend. The staff is very attentive and is very quick to respond to any questions that one may have. If someone isn't fully qualified to attend then they will still accept them and put them into the GOALS program at WCCC and them transfer them into CMU.

Christina

As with any college the general education classes are mostly a way for them to make money. As a biology major I had to take an art class, and after paying for tuition, I still had to buy my own supplies. A couple hundred bucks in supplies you won’t use for your actual major is ridiculous. On the good side the professors are great and seem to really care about your needs and are passionate about their material.

Eric

I love Mesa and I am very happy with the decision I made to attend. Mesa offers a Great range of activities for all spectrum's of interest. Everybody on campus is also very welcoming and accepting. I have never felt so at home away from before. I 10/10 recommend.

Colorado Mesa University is an excellent school with faculty who really care about their students' success. The classes aren't too large so that teachers are more accessible and students have a chance to know them better which is best for future academics. The city it's in, although not large, is surrounded by opportunities to have outdoor adventures.

Grand Junction, CO is amazing! More for the outdoorsy type rather than the shopping addict or indoor feen. CMU has a top of the line campus. The buildings are all newly remodeled or brand new. The teachers are nice and always willing to help. The gym is really nice. The dorms are all really nice and there are many different options. Campus is big, but not too big. Every year CMU grows, but it still is not too big at all!

Julie

I am in love with the atmosphere, and the way that the people interact with each other. Every person on campus, from the students to the faculty, is beyond amazing and will help you out with anything. The university seems to be a very comfortable place to make friends for life.

Fabiola

Overall, its a great sized school. the class sized allow for students to have more access to their professor and also allows them to build a more personal relationship. The campus is relatively new and has a lot of beautiful views. This university also provides a lot of student academic help, which is always a plus.

AnMichele

Great School! New facilities and expansion going on all the time. I am glad to choose this University.

Margaret

It's a growing community with lots of change and excitement ahead. On the other hand, there can be some negligence on the idea of accommodation and financial/budget services. But in general, CMU has well kept and up-to-date facilities and have added a variety of new academic programs, certificates and studies. The international population on campus adds a great touch to its appeal as well.

Shelby

I really love how they are student based. They really care about the students and really want them to succeed. They want the safety of their students especially during this pandemic. I love this school and so glad that I am apart of it. I would recommend this school to anyone. And also the teachers are wonderful so far I really enjoy class because of them.

Michaela

CMU is an amazing and magical place. So many opportunities and adventures await you freshman year. I am so excited to go and get involved, meet new people, and go to sports games! I have gone to a couple volleyball camps at CMU and I do not regret a single minute of any of them. It was interactive and fun, and the facilities were top of the line.

Frederick

Colorado Mesa is a Beautiful environment, the atmosphere is amazing, definitely one of my top choices. The way it is set up, the way it looks, it just feels like home away from home. The sports that go on there are great and the way the students are involved is just amazing. Seeing kids laughing and having a Good time supporting their school just makes you wanna jump right on bored and become a MAVRICK! Colorado Mesa is definitely a great place to get ready to prepper your life and beginning of your Future.

Nichole

The people on this beautiful campus were EXTREMELY helpful and nice. All the people associated with the university were very knowledgeable and helpful. The facilities were clean, updated and full accessible. The marching band is a major focus and is well known for it's excellent performances. There are all kinds of sports, both scholarship and intramural, to get involved in. The beauty of the surrounding mesas and bluffs was astounding. There are a ton of outdoor activities available at a very inexpensive cost. I LOVED this place!

Alyssa

It is a great school and does many different things in order to not only ensure student safety, but student success as well. They understand that not all college students make great choices, but they do their best to ensure student safety on and off campus, as well as academic success.

Drew

The school is good in terms of its academics, professors, and facilities, but struggles in terms of campus security and the use of drugs/alcohol. The campus is located in a nice town that has many opportunities, yet the position of the college is in a vulnerable area that is susceptible to crime.

breanna

I love this school! Great people and amazing teachers who help you both inside and out of the classroom. There is always activities going on and are easily found whether it is a sporting event, musical or play, or an outside adventure such as hikes, camping, or rafting. I love every piece of this school and do not regret going here.

Bailey

overall the school is great and has amazing class sizes. I have the ability to connect with all my professors and for them to remember me. Though smaller than traditional universities, this school is a safe place and not overwhelming when it comes to searching for classes.

Ovella

I think every individual has to go into college knowing it will not be all they think it is in certain aspects. Bottom line is to do your homework, communicate with professors and you will do fine. You get out of the college experience what you put in.

Great campus with smaller class sizes and overall good teachers. The buildings are kept well and the campus is overall really clean. They have a lot of events that go on around the year. The campus and facilities are great and so are the town and surrounding areas.

abbe

My overall opinion of CMU is that it is an amazing school and never stops passing up other schools. Not only is this school huge on academics and sports but student life is huge to them as well, which i find amazing to new students coming into the school.