Golden, CO
Colorado School of Mines

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Colorado School of Mines

Anayanssi

Dearest Anayanssi, I realize you are having a good time as a senior right now. You have heard countless times from teachers how important it is to schedule your time in order to finish all projects on time, be able to study sufficiently for the next exam, and still have time to spare for social activities and wind-down time. Right now you feel like such thing won’t be necessary in your case, which is why I'm happy I can catch up to you at this time. Advice is: meet your agenda! that ever-forgotten but faithful companion. Your agenda will be your most reliable friend now. If you never had to remind yourself due dates, college will be the time you take control of your time. No one will remind you when a paper is due, and if you keep this in mind, you will save yourself the fright. Time is in your hands girl. I know you will eventually find your way to independence by wisely managing your time, but I felt it was necessary to give you the heads up, so the transition will be a smoother one. Best of luck, Yourself

sherry

Attending college as an adult has had it's ups and downs . I 've had kids in my classes that graduated with my oldest son and some were still in highschool with my 17 year old daughter. But through it all I adjusted , I found my way around campus , learned how to use computers, and even made it on the deans list. The thing I would want to tell myself the most is; don't delay going back to school for 20 years, do it as soon as you graduate high school. There is no better time than when you are young to start down the path to your future. Attending college is powerfull and if you work hard you can recieve the education needed to fullfill your dreams. So finally strive for success , aim for the best education you can get and don't let anything get in your way of reaching your full potential.

Nathanael

I started taking classes at community college in my senior year. So in a way my senior year was like my first year of college. The best advice to myself would have been study hard rather then just doing good enough. I spent my senior year/first year of college doing just well enough to get by instead of doing my best. I can get by doing the minimal amount of work. But is that how I want to live my life? Just getting by? Not really. I plan to go into my next school year fully applying myself and doing my schoolwork to the best of my ability, rather then just going good enough to get by. Not everyone is blessed with a college as I am and I don't want to take it for granted!

Katie

I have come to realize my full potential as a student and a member of society. Not only have i learned so much in the field of engineering, but I have also learned how to be indepented and responsible for myself. Hard work and perserverance really does pay off in all aspects of life.

There is an insane work load, so there is not much time to do other things.

I Love the campus and the location..... Many of the people are wonderful

John

The past four months at Colorado School of Mines has been nothing less than valuable. My earlier years of high school were probably some of the worst times in my life. At school, I wasn't always the most confident kid, by any means. I always doubted myself in situations and at tasks that I could accomplish. These experiences have given me a better perspective. Being at CSM has supported living in the present, being my best self, not falling victim to what other people think, and to be in control of my own future. As I move forward and try my hand at independence, Colorado School of Mines has been valuable to attend because of the small enrollment and its intimate environment. One of the first steps of living in the present and becoming independent is making the decision of how to be in control of your future. I decided upon the path of engineering because of my interests with numbers and science. CSM supports my appreciation for these subjects and being around others with the same connections is extremely valuable. Confidence, independence, support, and an excellent academic rigor are traits I've received from my first semester.

Colorado School of Mines is supportive in every way except one, and that effects males interested in meeting companions of the female gender. Although I have meet wonderful friends of the opposite sex, the campus is mostly comprised of males, approximately 74% males. It would be nice if the odds were a bit more equivalent or if CSM had a nearby "sister school." This simple, but true fact, is the only thing I would change from my experience.

Colorado School of Mines is a very friendly environment in a convenient location, close to Denver and at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. Attending CSM is an academic enjoyment because the focus is upon subjects of interest, both science and math, and for that matter, the entire population is working upon the same objectives. The small enrollment allows for a comfortable and supportive experience. This is a school where people know people and it's not an environment of people as numbers. Colorado School of Mines has much to offer for those interested in the engineering field.

Laura

Highly specialized engineering majors only. Earth engineering degrees offered. Top school and great faculty.

Due to the difficulty of the Mines program, I have been able to handle in job I've been given over the years. I have been a geologist, taught middle school math and science, taught high school math and science including physics and AP calculus. I received my master's degree in natural science with a specialty in geology and environmental sciencce.

Students that manage to graduate from the Colorado School of Mines are highly marketable in the job market.

Benjamin

I've found that college has made me so much more dedicated to the things I know I should do, as well as the things that I love to do. By working so hard academically, I've found I've built up the stamina to work hard in other areas of my life as well. Its truely a great benefit to the people that rely on me to fulfill my duties.

The best thing is the reputation of the school. Even though its a small school, if you tell people that you go to CSM, they immediately respond with a comment like: "Wow, you must be smart" or "Thats such a good school".

Only someone who is dedicated, we don't get our reputation by being a cakewalk. Be ready to put in more work then you ever thought you had in you.

Ryan

My classmates are the most amazing collection of people. At Colorado School of Mines we have some nationally renowned slackliners, you'll learn what it is if you visit in the spring, we also have the international trial unicycling champion, as well as about the largest collection of video gamers you will find anywhere.

My college experience has been very eye opening. It is vital to my success but it is also supposed to be one of the best times of my life, and due to this I am making it that way. I have found a lot of different hobbies since I've started attending school and they are starting to shape me. I have grown as a person in so many ways, including a new value system. Mines has an awesome way of accepting freshman and helping through there first and very tough semester. It has been valuable as I have learned an absolute ton about myself and my area of study. One of my proffessors described the first semester at Mines as an initiation ritual, in which they throw everything they can think of at you, and if you succeed you may just belong there. I think this describes my experience thus far.

The Colorado school of Mines is best known for it's rigorous courses. Anytime I tell someone where I go to school they grimace and say "ooh that's a tough school." Mines is also rumored to be the most suicidal school in Colorado, but I don't believe that one. Lastly, Mines is known for the high salary jobs it's graduates recieve at huge international engineering companies.

College can be a life changing experience. By attending college, I have grown up, to sum it up. I have become more independent, I have learned to take responsibility for my actions and how to deal with adverse conditions. It's a good transition to adulthood. I've become more confident in my choices, and I've made friends with people I probably wouldn't've talked to in high school. I have learned a lot of different ways to save money, because everybody knows college kids don't have any money. In college I've learned that lack of communication skills is not an option. You've got to talk to your teachers, your teammates, your advisors, etc. Everyone who can should try to go to college. I learned so much in my first semester alone. College is an introduction to life outside high school and your parent's house. Most of the time its a wake up call, a time to ask yourself who you really want to be in life. Going to college has been a very valuable experience for me.

A Mines student should be self-motivated because the students are not forced to show any homework but if they want to do well they should do the homework. They should also have very good time management skills. In college you're only in class for 4 to 6 hours a day, so procrastination looks pretty good. But things pile up and sneak up on you. Finally, I personally think a Mines student needs to be involved in non-academic activities because all the work can put alot of strain on a person and you'll need downtime.

Colorado School of Mines administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.