Golden, CO
Colorado School of Mines

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Colorado School of Mines

Bryce

This is an excellent school for engineering and science. It has a very academically oriented environment and is a school for those who are serious about their education.

I would advise you not to worry. Senior year is indeed a year of major choices that will affect your future; however, if you just spend time measuring the pros and cons of each decision, you will make the right decision. In other words, if you are worried you might make ?the wrong decision" and that it might change your life for the worse, you have already avoided making ?the wrong decision.? Also, this is your last year of high school ever. I know you already realize this, but knowing this and acting upon it are very different?make sure you live as if it is so. Don't take this for granted and enjoy high school while you can. Finally, always remember that everything happens for a reason; the best you can do is to accept what life gives you and live with it as best you can. This is not to say that you can?t change things, just that when bad things happen you need to be willing to accept that they happen and that you will have to deal with them. If you do your best and live your best, things will turn out alright.

A person who is woried that studying and classes will get in the way of college should not attend here. In other words, this school is only for those who are coming here to get a good education. It is not a party school.

Melissa

My classmates aren't that diverse in culture but they're all accepting.

My classmates aren't that diverse in culture but they're all accepting.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life, I?d first say not to worry so much. The people here are nice and accepting and if your open from the beginning then you?ll make friends easily. Also your future roommates are very easy to get along with and they?ll care about you enough to annoy you. I?d also tell myself, there isn?t much diversity and there aren?t many girls but that is what makes the school unique. The most important thing I?d tell myself is to study as hard and as much as you can to pass classes, this school is not to be taken lightly. The last thing I?d tell myself was to stop crying and apply for scholarships through out the senior year of high school or you?ll regret it later on. It isn?t fun to cry over something that could have been fixed before hand.

The best thing about my school would be the small campus and its not very crowded.

Kyle

Highly demanding with the students and professors being motivated to learn and teach.

I would listen to my parents since the both went to college and would also study more on my college prep classes. I would also relax more and not worry so much about what other people think because there is so much more to the world.

Katie

My classmates are intellectual but are very random and out there; each knows what they are at school for and know how to accomplish their goals.

Engineering is number one but also being the smart school. Many believe that if you attend CSM you are brilliant.

College isn't easy and don't approach it unprepared. Read in the school itself and find out what classes are avaliable to take. College classes need a lot more attention than high school classes ever did, so study hard. I would have to say, be open and ready to take on anything that comes your way. Making friends is a must so don't be afraid to go around and meet new people; every person met could turn into a life long friend. Definitely go to social events and don't think others are below you or on a different level. Finally journey away from your comfort zone and don't be afraid to put yourself in the spot light. Don't be afraid to grow up either, live life as it comes but prepare yourself for the worst.

Channel

My classmates are helpful, determined, and know when its time to put the books away and have fun.

Make sure to take all college and AP classes having to do with math, science, and physics. I would tell myself also to change schools in high school and begin to think about the future, not the friends I will lose. This is because I took college courses in literature, history, and english. Also, my school didn't have any real engineering based programs. If I took college courses in these topics, my comprehension of math, physics, and science would have made it easier my first semester.

It is a very hard school that after I graduate, I will be well off.

Andrew

This school offers a big name for a small campus.

This school offers a big name for a small campus.

I would tell myself to do more research on careers. I would tell myself to talk to professionals in the field and find out what I was truly passionate about before commiting to a college. I would encourage myself to apply for more scholarships. I would point out the importance of developing strong work habits and not waiting towards the last minute to start working. It would go like this... High school was a cake walk. In college a person has to motivate themselves, no one is going to breathe down your neck to tell you to get work done. College is expensive and its not going to seem like a good investment while your still going. Even if you are talented at something, you wont truly be good at it untill you enjoy it. 90% of college isnt learning your matterial, but learning how to teach yourself for a lifetime and how to find motivation when you have none. College is learning not to procrastinate, how to use time wisely and make life a constant renewing of the mind.

I wish I had known more about the field I would be pursuing. I also wish I had known how much desk work and how little hands on work we would be doing.

Bree

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would probably be more concerned with how I managed it rather than trying to prepair myself for college. Regardless, the largest issue I encountered that I would try to prevent is how shocked I was at how unprepaired I was for this school. The programs I went through in high school were not college level and the knowlege I was held accountable was not neccisarily required by my high school in order to graduate. I would suggest going above and beyond what is neccisary in high school in order to be that much more ahead in college. The transition itself was remarkably simple. During move in, the school keeps you so busy you don't have time to be homesick, then when things calm down, classes are just getting interesting. Before long, its been a semester and you can't emagine life elsewhere.

Everything is the best part about Mines. For an engineering and science focused school, this campus is amaisingly diverse, with every option open to its students.

I wish that I had known that my school did not properly prepair me for the mathematics courses required at the Colorado School of Mines. Though Mines has excelent help for students who may be behind slightly.

Jeremiah

I would tell myself to be ready to study my butt off, espicially for math. I would tell myself not to be shy, and if the situation arises, don't be afraid to ask for help; and make friends as soon as possible. Give it 110 percent, else you will fail. Having friends within classes to contact is of the utmost impartance. I would also say that having a good time is part of the equation. Finding a good way to blow off steam is a neccesity. Learn to balance out your life; time management is a must. I would say to never give up hope even when times are dire, and the future looks bleak. I would also tell myself that even if you can't afford to keep paying for your tuition, keep going to school. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Anyone who desires an engneering, math, or physics degree. Anyone who is ready to comit four years to non-stop studying, however at the same time willing to get out and have great time.

That it is the second toughest engineering school in the entire nation. In order to get in, you either have to be super intelligent or stubbornly persistent.

michele

Go with your gut. Go to the school that you have your heart set on, you know yourself better then anyone else. Chosing the school that your parents want you to go to is a bad idea, its you attending it not your parents. Don't stress the little things, as long as you work hard and don't make any major mistakes the rest will work itself out. Don't go to college with a boyfriend, you have been given a chance to find out who you are, its hard to do that when you woory about what someone else will think of you. Do activities you have never done before with people you just met, don't worry about whether or not its fun. Make sure to quickly find the routine that works for you when it comes to studying and completeing the requirements for classes. Remember that you don't have to decide now what you want to be, just go with the flow and you will decide what you want to do. If you don't enjoy doing it in highschool more then likely you will not enjoy it in college, i.e phyics!

Wide varitey of people and things. Everyone gets along, the amount of friends I have who are from different backgrounds or countrys then me is amazing. Also people here like to have fun but we can seperate the partying from school. The school provides a great education and is regonized around the world as being a top engineering school, so I know that if I get a degree from Mines I will be set forever.

Worst thing would be how hard the classes can get. The courses are challenging, often more then neccessary.

Holly

My school is very challenging, but worth the hard work. It has many people willing to help you out.

My advice to myself would be to keep organized. Organization is key to success. Also, I would tell myself to put homework and studying above eveything else. These two things must be done before taking part in social activities. Money is another key. Getting a job early and learning to save may have helped me in the long run. Other than the money problems (that every student has), I'm happy with my college experience so far. I'm not sure I would have changed a thing, just for fear that things would not have turned out as they have now. You should never regret what you've done in the past, just learn from the mistakes. Without making mistakes, how would you truly learn?

Financial aid. I don't have money to attend this school, but I can't get any help from the financial aid office.

Colorado School of Mines administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.