Pueblo, CO
Colorado State University-Pueblo

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Colorado State University-Pueblo

William

My first year into college and i am already in love with the college life. Going to college is for sure going to be one of the best things i have ever done because i am learning so much already and i cant wait to continue my studies through the rest of the years to come and beyond. Two hundred words is not enought to describe what i have already got out of college. The professors and even the people who keep this place running are fun to talk to and be around. CSU-P may be the "small town" college of the colorado but its doing far better than the rest of the colleges in the state and its because the classes are smaller in size and you can actually talk to the teachers and get to know them. By doing so, the knowledge gained here and the connections are truly worth the time spent in hard study.

The school is going through some large growth right now, so the library renovation really is a bummer but once it opens it will be nice.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the fact that no one who actually lives in pueblo views it as being worth their time. Which is not the case because its great school to go to.

Ricardo

The majority of the classes at CSU-Pueblo are small and that allows you to interact with the professor during discussions, ask questions, or provide feedback/comments. Group presentations are usually encouraged due to a small amount of students as well. The use of Blackboard9 (an online tool for faculty and students, where grades, documents, and course information can be constantly checked) facilitates the learning process and the communication with all your professors.

College gives you the opportunity to open many doors through life and it will provide you with the required tools to be a successful person. Do not work just to "get the job done" but work "doing your best". Your GPA after graduation might be just a number but it is also the reflection of how hard you tried throughout your college experience to be fully prepared for a professional career and to differentiate from everyone else. If one day you feel like you cannot stand classes, homework, or exams anymore just keep going forward and remember that big rewards are waiting for you at the finish line.

People that do not have the interest to work in groups or interact during class. Attendance, group projects, participation, and communication are some of the biggest key points to be a successful student at CSU-Pueblo

Kelisa

Traveling back in time would be amazing, because the choices we make in highschool seem to reflect our choices as college students. Being a college student, I often reflect on my senior year of high school and wonder what I could do differently. Attending three different high schools did help me to transition. However nothing could?ve prepared me for the new experiences of being a college student. Going back to senior year, I?d tell myself that I shouldn?t worry as much about the people and fitting in. I would state that our parents were right when they said no one cares how cool or popular you are in high school, but everyone likes you for what you do and the personality you show to others. High school is great, and I know I?d say to enjoy every minute, but college is just a new experience knocking at your door. One of the biggest facts of life I?d like to tell myself is too never procrastinate. Not on scholarships or school work, because those things will be the biggest stress factors on your life and if you continue it, than your future will be very grim.

I love all the positive feedback we get from our advisors and the teachers that want us to succeed yet still challege us. The environment at school is very relaxed and it feels nice to be able to see friendly faces at the school. I also like how the professors will always help you with whatever problems you might have about homework, scheduling, etc. Plus whenever you need advice, tutoring, or just extra help on assignments, there will always be someone there to lend a hand.

The only thing I can really say that I do not like about my school, is some of the professors. The ones in the math department especially. The teachers do not take in to consideration they can be wrong and having to make us relearn the unit they have previously taught is difficult and stressful. Not to mention frustrating when you are a chapter behind and still need to catch up to other classes.

DeLaine

If i could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school i would tell myself that college is over hyped. Dont get stressed out about being by yourself and falling under different influences. To look for more grants and scholorships because they have taxes for every little thing. And last to fully check out the schools, Their location, student to staff ratio, and dorm rooms.

The worst thing about my school is the location. Their are no stores or restaurants within walkind distance and the bus service run every hour untill 6 pm. If you drive you have to get on the highway to get anywhere and their is only one gas station within 10 miles. The city is very boreing and older. Their mall is way outdated.

You should not attend this school if you a city life kind of person. You like to go clubing or going to the malls. Not very classey people.

Jamie

Colorado State University Pueblo is a good first year school, it starts you off in small classroom gets you used to college life and it gives you confidence that you can make it in college.

Many words of wisdom come to my mind on what I wish I could have told myself in high school. Put more time into scholarships, volunteer more, and to keep up the good work. I worked hard my senior year of high school striving to get good grades and to pass the hardest english class I had ever day. I should have told myself to go help out others, I did a little volunteer work but not like I could have. In this world there are much worse off than myself. I would have told myself that I needed to save more books are expensive, and that my dad can not afford to help. Tell myself to stand on my own two feet and not rely on others because after high school so much changes. I have learned one thing since leaving high school that I can do it if I put my mind to something I will succeed with flying colors. I am glad I learned so much after leaving high school but it would have been much easier if I could have told myself what was ahead of me, that real adulthood life was coming very fast.

The worst part about going to CSUP is that when going there you never get to go out and experience the college life. For myself I live alone my friends went away for college and I stayed in Pueblo where nothing every changes. Its much harder to meet new people at CSUP because most of the students that go there already have friends from high school that they hang around with they do not want to meet new people.

Chelsea

The graduates and also for the high number of students wanting to attend.

The graduates and also for the high number of students wanting to attend.

I would of told myself to take more college classes and concentrate more in my studies because high school prepares you for college and college is waht determines your life after you graduate. Also I would of told myself to get more involved with the school and the community, not just be in a couple of clubs.

The school is big but it's an amazing school where the teachers help you with problems or concerned in your class. Also the small classes where the teachers can have a easier time answering questions and get to know the students enrolled in their classes.

Justin

My classmates, or rather those classmates I prefer to interact with, are those with the ambition to succede in life and that will work their hardest to achieve their goals.

Given the chance to go back and talk to myself my senior year, I would definately take the opportunity. In all honesy, I like the way my transition went, but I could not pass up this opportunity. I would tell myself to not be scared at what was to come, because no matter what was ahead of myself, I would accomplish it with my work ethic. Coming into college was a big step for me in becoming an independent adult. Though I was a bit scared of what I was facing, I was able to succede in the transition, which is why I would tell myself that there is no reason to fear the future.

Cori

There is always time to change your mind. Don't ever think your stuck at one university or in one major. Life happens and things change. Take your time with school. Grades follow you forever and do your best in every class. Also take college level classes in high school, don't think just because your a senior you can take it easy. The more you get done in high school, the less you have to worry about in college. Scholarships are worth applying for. It takes time and energy, but college is expensive. Even if you get scholarships or any other kind of aid, don't waste money on unnecessary things like partying and eating fast food. Not only will you gain a lot of weight, you will also struggle to pay back loans and pay necessary living expenses. The last and most important advice is to HAVE FUN! You will never be young and have this kind of freedom again in your life!

I wish I had know my major before I came to this school. Switching majors was a pain.

There are a couple faculty members that are discouraging to students. Espically those students switching majors. You can always find someone to help you but its not fun to hear discouraging words from some professors before you find a helpful one.

heather

When I was a high school senior, college still seemed far away in the future. While I always knew I would go, I had just transferred that year to a new high school and was more focused on making friends and trying to do my best in school to really think to much about college. I only applied to a few colleges and those were rather last minute. Also, I had very good academic standing so I had the frame of mind that scholarships would simply find me, instead of looking for them myself. The advice I would tell myself, therefore, would be to really focus on my college options, find one I want to attend the most and the requisites, and do everything within my power to apply for scholarships and not give up on looking. I would tell myself, too, that college is great and it will be one of the most rememorable and rewarding experiences of my life.

I think the financail aid could do a lot better in helping students find scholarships and making sure the students understand. I don't think they do a very good job of truly caring for the students and helping them do whatever possible to recieve more financial support. Instead, they're rather impersonal and don't answer any questions the students may have very clearly sometimes.

I don't think there's really anyone who wouldn't fit in somewhere at this school. If a person likes to have a more strict schedule, however, it might not be the most advisable school. This is because, while academics is a huge focus here, the atmosphere is more relaxed.

Most of the students at Colorado State University at Pueblo are friendly and academically focused. On the other hand, some of the students from neighboring counties where racism is high have a hard time adjusting. There are a lot of students from Denver, CO and CA who fit in just fine.

If I could go back to talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to stay in school,, and that no matter what misfortunes come before me, during my twenties, everything will be just fine. I would tell myself to concentrate on my academics instead of boys because dad will come around to say he loves us and that he's sorry for abandoning us. I would tell myself to be nicer to mom because she will be diagnosed with primary lateral schlorosis and in a wheelchair. I rwould remind myself that no matter what I do, my family would always love me.

People who think they can pass class withhout attending aren't likely to succeed. People who do not take their education seriously by spending their past time at parties are also likely to fail.

Colorado State University-Pueblo administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.