Pueblo, CO
Colorado State University-Pueblo

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Colorado State University-Pueblo

Regina

It offers a combination program for acute care nurse practitioner and family nurse pratitioner

MAke the most of your time and hard work will bring the most gratification

it is a hybred program that helps decrease commutes

Tina

College is totally different. Have money saved, do your work and don't procrastonate, make sure you exercise instead of drinking and get plenty of sleep. Eat well and don't starve yourself. Stick with it through the tough times, I swear it will get better. These are the best years of your life, cherish them.

Any kind of person should attend this school, young, old, gay, strait, working, non working, any one.

Nico

CSU-Pueblo is a growing campus that has many wonderful people here willing to help with anything you need.

The truth about CSU-P is that it is a great place to start and finish your ongoing education.

There is a large Hispanic population here but in saying this CSU-Pueblo is a very diverse campus.

Academic life here at CSU-P can be difficult at times but whenever I get into a really hard spot in that department, there is always someone willing to help me. There are tons of resources that I can use on campus that can fit my busy schedule.

There is something to do on campus every day. The student activities department is wonderful and puts something on every single day for student entertainment. For example, we have had anything from a relaxing movie night to a hilarious comedian from Comedy Central.

The student body here at CSU-P is great and is getting more and more diverse each year.

Some stereotypes about CSU-Pueblo is that we have a large Hispanic population here.

Heather

To learn better studying techniques and remember a lot of the stuff learned in High school because it comes in handy later on. I never thought that I would take chemistry, so I wish I would have remembered a lot more of it.

The teachers are very unorganized and do not follow the syllabus a lot of the time. For instructors that have doctorates, they seem to not know enough about the subject to teach it.

The kind of person who loves the snow and mountains in a town that's not too big. Those who play football as well, because there is a good football team. There is also an excellent recreational center for those who enjoy working out.

Kiera

Knowing what I know now I would tell myself to take the ACT more than once. Do more research so that the college I go to meet the needs of my major. I would also advise myself, to either work before I go or try taking my basic /general classes at a Junior college then transfering to the four year college that met my goals. Last I would advise myself to get out of any class that I wasn't connecting with the style of the teacher no matter how much I liked them as a person ; find, talk to some students who had already taken the same course with a different teacher and get there take on the teaching style.

Natalie

CSU-Pueblo's classes usually consist of the same students in every class.

I would make sure that I knew it is not as hard as it seems and that I should have picked the first college I wanted to go to instead of settling. I would also tell myself to do better with money that summer so you have more for school. Another thing I would tell myself was to make sure to be super active your freshman year. Being active the first year helps you to make a lot of friends and get in good with the school.

Karisma

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would make sure I went to Colorado State University of Pueblo right out of high school. When I graduated high school in May of 2006, I did not start college until January 2007 and went to a community college. When I decided to go to CSU in August of 2008, not all of my credits were accepted and I was considered a freshman again. Not only would this be advice for myself as a high school senior, but also advice for anyone who would ask and my future children. Starting at a university as soon as one graduates would keep one caught and one would not have to worry about what will transfer and what will not.

I wish I had some kind of an idea how much more work I was going to have to do compared to high school.

One of the most frustrating things is how some teachers do not provide study guides and also how some teachers give students whatever grade they feel like giving them.

Heather

They are very supportive and will not let you fail even if they have to study you at all hours of the night.

I would give my self the advice is to not be afraid of what is to come in the next few years because you will blink and realize that is all gone again just like it was in high school. Also to not worry about what your going to do with the rest of your life and just worry about what tomorrow will bring. You dont have to worry about what you will be for the rest of your life because you have the rest of your life to figure it out. Life is not something to fear but something to embrace so that things arent missed.

I consider the class sizes and the professors at the school the best part because they are supportive and always available if help is needed.

Jane

Colorado State University-Pueblo is located in the southern part of Colorado, just a short drive from Colorado Springs, close to some of the greatest outdoor recreation in the world with nearly 5,000 students, great degree and sport programs and many new facilities, including our new recreation area, football field and dorms.

Apply for as many scholarships as possible in my junior and senior years, volunteer more and stay in school through college while I was younger.

The most frustrating thing about CSU-P and all schools are the prices of text books, but there are numerous students working to change this.

Amber

I think that the campus size at CSU-Pueblo is just right. I like being able to walk anywhere on campus in less than 15 minutes. A lot of people where I come from didn't know that there was a CSU campus in Pueblo, but I hope that by my coming here they come check it out. I live in the residence halls and most of my friend all live in the same building. Sporting events are free and there is usually a good student turn out.

Any college you choose will give you a good education. Also, it's entirely up to you if you are going to enjoy your college experience. I love CSU-Pueblo, and I love my friends here. I encourage campus involvement, because the more involved you are, the more people you will know, and the more friends you will make.

It is a small campus, but it gives the students a better opportunity to succeed by knowing professors well. The school in inexpensive, but the it has the student activities and academic opportunities comparable to those of a bigger school. Most of our freshmen live on campus, giving us a good community feel.

Most of my professors know me by name. They know where I am struggling and it is easy to talk to them about missing class for athletics. Even in lecture classes the professors are good at encouraging class participation and discussion. I am in the Mass Communications Dept. and am really enjoy my major classes. The academic requirements are pretty reasonable. The education here is very hands on and gives students real life skills that will transfer well into the workplace.

There is always something to do on campus. Our office of student activities brings in professional comedians and musicians. There is also a movie viewing on a big projector every week. It depends on the hall, but student on my floor leave there dorm doors wide open, encouraging friends to walk in. Our hall is always active, playing cards, talking or watching TV. I met my closest friends by attending mixers at the beginning of the year put on by the Office of Student Activities. Our campus has 2 fraternities and one sorority; we are working on bringing in more of a Greek life. On the weekends students go to sporting events, a local club, or friend’s houses and apartments for social entertainment.

We have a very diverse campus and our student organizations reflect that. People come from all different communities and that is reflected in the cultures we see walking around. Many people have several different social groups and this hoping around brings the campus closer over all.

Small town campus, cheap school, most students from Pueblo

Colorado State University-Pueblo administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.