Pueblo, CO
Colorado State University-Pueblo

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Colorado State University-Pueblo

Jane

Colorado State University-Pueblo is located in the southern part of Colorado, just a short drive from Colorado Springs, close to some of the greatest outdoor recreation in the world with nearly 5,000 students, great degree and sport programs and many new facilities, including our new recreation area, football field and dorms.

Apply for as many scholarships as possible in my junior and senior years, volunteer more and stay in school through college while I was younger.

The most frustrating thing about CSU-P and all schools are the prices of text books, but there are numerous students working to change this.

Amber

I think that the campus size at CSU-Pueblo is just right. I like being able to walk anywhere on campus in less than 15 minutes. A lot of people where I come from didn't know that there was a CSU campus in Pueblo, but I hope that by my coming here they come check it out. I live in the residence halls and most of my friend all live in the same building. Sporting events are free and there is usually a good student turn out.

We have a very diverse campus and our student organizations reflect that. People come from all different communities and that is reflected in the cultures we see walking around. Many people have several different social groups and this hoping around brings the campus closer over all.

Any college you choose will give you a good education. Also, it's entirely up to you if you are going to enjoy your college experience. I love CSU-Pueblo, and I love my friends here. I encourage campus involvement, because the more involved you are, the more people you will know, and the more friends you will make.

It is a small campus, but it gives the students a better opportunity to succeed by knowing professors well. The school in inexpensive, but the it has the student activities and academic opportunities comparable to those of a bigger school. Most of our freshmen live on campus, giving us a good community feel.

Most of my professors know me by name. They know where I am struggling and it is easy to talk to them about missing class for athletics. Even in lecture classes the professors are good at encouraging class participation and discussion. I am in the Mass Communications Dept. and am really enjoy my major classes. The academic requirements are pretty reasonable. The education here is very hands on and gives students real life skills that will transfer well into the workplace.

There is always something to do on campus. Our office of student activities brings in professional comedians and musicians. There is also a movie viewing on a big projector every week. It depends on the hall, but student on my floor leave there dorm doors wide open, encouraging friends to walk in. Our hall is always active, playing cards, talking or watching TV. I met my closest friends by attending mixers at the beginning of the year put on by the Office of Student Activities. Our campus has 2 fraternities and one sorority; we are working on bringing in more of a Greek life. On the weekends students go to sporting events, a local club, or friend’s houses and apartments for social entertainment.

Small town campus, cheap school, most students from Pueblo

Alex

CSU-P I believe is a “just right’ campus. I came from a small school so I didn’t want a large school and CSU-P is big enough to still get the full college experience but small enough that I also know my professors and they know me. And there are always events going on no matter what time of the week that it is. The staff all around campus is great and helpful while every building on campus has a nice place to relax in between classes and it is just a very student friendly campus. Although there are a lot of places to go around campus to hang out I have fun just staying within the residence halls. There is always something going on and I never feel under entertained.

The students at CSU-P including myself are all very diverse. There is never a time when I am walking on campus and see just one race. The table at dinner are scattered and no table just sticks to one type. All the students here have seemed very welcoming to me. The clothing here at CSU-P varies. Some student show up to every class in sweats, but at least they are there. Others dress professionally every day they are here, but the majority of people just wear jeans and just any shirt. On nice days you will see people in shorts and t-shirts, but there is no dress code and no student feels like they can’t express themselves through their clothing. There are so many different types of people that I have never really felt out of place, even the people I never thought I would talk to have helped me through many different problems in math. Over all the students here may wear clothes that are different than yours but they won’t judge you, they may even become your favorite study buddy.

The naked truth about CSU-P is that it is a hidden gem. I believe it is a great school and that it is not advertised as greatly as is should be. Also I think it would be a great school to start at just to get into the flow of things. There is so much help around campus that it is impossible to fail.

The Stereotypes about Greek life and small diversity on campus are false. There is Greek life and there is a great diversity on campus, and CSU-P is one of the cheapest to attend but that does not take away from the level of education that one gets from this university. Also, many teachers depending on the class size will learn most students names, it is a very friendly environment.

In all of my classes but one my professors know my name. And the one class that they don’t I have around 90 other classmates. The number sounds large, but that is the largest class I have taken and it is because it is a general education course. My favorite class for my first semester here was my general psychology class. The professors where fun and energetic and the information was very interesting. The class was easy because it was fun and I could never lose my focus with the way the class was run. Outside of the classroom students don’t just stop being intelligent. There have been many times students will sit outside of their buildings just talking about the topics discussed in class. The requirements for classes are completely necessary so you never feel like you are taking a class that you won’t need in the future. Over all the academics here have greatly pleased me even though I have only been here for merely a semester.

Some of the most popular groups on campus would be the intramural sports. There are always come kind of games going and it is just a great time to get to know people and hang out with the people that you may already know. Some other groups are the marketing group, which work with the community and groups on campus to help get people know and just prepare marketing majors for their jobs later on in life. Along with groups there are many open groups that you can just show up to and become a part of, like the yoga groups that meets in the rec. center and the hip hop dance groups and we even have a step club. Although if one was interested in the college sports there are 15 college sports and they are a great way to know get to know people before you start classes. I met some of my closet friends through just working out at the rec. center and getting to know people on my floor within the residential halls. Personally I have made quite a few friends just by sitting by the same people in class every day. As for the party scene, I am sure any college you went to if you looked hard enough there could be a party every night. But one of the reasons I choose CSU-P was because it isn’t know for the parties the students throw. As for dating, it happens all the time people get connected through friends or just walking up to someone, like I mentioned earlier the students on campus are kind and it’s not intimidating to walk up and talk to other students.

Some stereotypes at CSU-P are that there is no Greek Life and that there isn’t a large diversity on campus. Some of the better stereotypes at CSU-P include that CSU-P is one of the cheapest Universities to attend in Colorado, and that teachers really get to know the students.

Gracie

Has dedicated business school that is close to home.

Has dedicated business school that is close to home.

Study hard, do well, pay attention and have fun

I love my advisor. He is very knowledgeable and makes learning fun. The university is just the right size. The class sizes are wonderful.

Zach

CSU-Pueblo tries to live up to its parent school, CSU-Fort Collins, but comes up a little bit short in some areas. The academic life is great, but the social life is very mediocre. The addition of the new student recreation center has provided students with a great place to hang out, but I still have found it very hard to make new friends. The school is very affordable, however, when compared to similar universities throughout the state. There is lots of reverse race and gender discrimination at this university, especially when it comes to scholarships and student employment. It is very hard for a caucasian male to obtain a scholarship or get an on-campus job because it seems that every department tries to adhere to Affirmative Action laws and has either a woman or minority conducting all of the hiring.

The student body at CSU-P is very diverse, but unlike the community which it "serves," it is not overrun by Hispanics.

If you are wanting to have a great academic experience at an affordable price, then CSU-Pueblo is the perfect place for you. If you want to have a decent social life, however, I would reccomend going elsewhere.

They are somewhat accurate, if I had to guess I would say that 3 out of every 4 students I have met are from Pueblo. There are a great deal of Hispanics at the university, but very few of them will make it to the graduation ceremony.

CSU-Pueblo offers a great deal of degree programs, ranging from hard sciences to business to social sciences. Most non-general education classes have a small student-to-instructor ratio, which provides for a great experiences. They have top of the line technology as well.

The social life isn't the best. As I mentioned, it has been very hard for me to make new friends. They do have several activities scheduled every week, but not to many of them have interested me.

Most people assume that students who attend CSU-P are all from Pueblo and are Hispanic.

Jishirll

Describing my school I would say that it is fun, academically helpful, and the perfect place to get you education.

My classmates are helpful and seem very nice.

Finding the best college for you or your child can be hard. I would say visiting and talking with the profressors, administration, and other on campus staff helps; but talking to the students that acutally know what it is like to be an athlete, in a club, involved in the school activities or just going there because thats what works is the most important. Students tend to tell you what they go through exactly and if you get enough opinions then you can make the best decision for you.

sasha

CSU-Pueblo may not be as big in size as other schools in the state, but that in no way means that there’s nothing to do here. The Office of Student Activities (OSA) is always planning something to keep us entertained. With activities like international dinners, movie nights, and comedy nights; CSU-Pueblo students are hardly ever bored.

For the most part the students here are very friendly. It took me a while to make friends here, but the ones I made are some of the sweetest people on campus. Because of all the activities that are always going on, you’ll be sure to always meet new people. Students are encouraged to get involved in campus life, whether it’s joining a club or even by working on campus, there are always ways to become a part of the university.

Though this is a smaller school, once you get use to it, you hardly notice its size. It’s safe and it provides a good education. I personally decided to come here because of the financial aid that I got, but now I have a job that I enjoy, and classes that I’m excited about taking, so really, CSU-Pueblo, can make any student feel good about their education choices.

Out of all the people I’ve met here, only about three were born and raised in Pueblo. There are people here from all over the state, country, and even world. We have a lot of student diversity here, and are very proud of it we even have international dinners, to celebrate our foreign students.

A big part of coming to CSU-Pueblo is the academic life. The school offers small class sizes, which helps students personalized attention from their professors. They will all eventually learn your name, and notice when you’re gone from class. I went to a community college before CSU-Pueblo and there was such a difference between the two. Classes are more challenging and the expectations are higher, yet there is a lot of help available to help students reach their potential.

Because students get in for free to almost all school events, there’s really no excuse not to go. There is something planned almost every day, and there are even some weekend events. Also, there are over 50 clubs and organizations to join, so it’s sure that anyone can find something they’re interested in joining.

The biggest stereotype that I’ve heard about the students here is that they are all from Pueblo.

Mackenzie

My school is hard, but so rewarding. It's really worth it

My school is hard, but so rewarding. It's really worth it

How everything is being updated. And the campus is very great at making you feel comfortable.

Choose a place that you are excited to go to! Don't choose based on your parents wants and needs. It is you who is attending the school and in order to succeed you must love the place in which you are enrolled.

Thomas

My school is the best for me, which means it is good for normal human beings.

My school is the best for me, which means it is good for normal human beings.

Finding the right college is not about where all your friends are going. Sure it is nice to know people before you get there but sticking closing to friends you already know may limit your new friends. So do not be afraid to pick a college that is not what your friends are picking.

A person that is only interested in partying, and wasting away their collage years. While this school is fun, and social, it is not about how much to can drink or many drugs you can take. For a person like this they might be seen in a negative light

Colorado State University-Pueblo administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.