Pueblo, CO
Colorado State University-Pueblo

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Colorado State University-Pueblo

Tracy

Attending college at Colorado State University-Pueblo was one of the best experiences of my life. I have memories that will last for a life-time and friends that I still keep in contact with; fifteen years later. The classes that I took were challenging but the professors were always available to assist. CSU-P is not huge in size, so for a small town girl like myself; this was appealing. I did have some large classes but the majority had less than 25 students. I feel like CSU-P provided me with a strong educational foundation. This is the school where I learned to be independent, organized, and structured. This is my Alma Mater and I'm proud to say so!

Gina

I think that it is a really good school. Some of the professors may very, the majority of the ones I have had are awesome. Make sure to use ratemyprofessor.com to double check on the ones you get becuase you never know the teaching style if you will like it or not. This school does not have an automated call system whenever you have a question about anything they will find you the person who handles that very promptly. Another good thing about tuition is that the longer your stay here for fall or spring semesters only the tuition will decrease. Summer sessions are awesome too check them out as well because they will help you graduate faster.

Misty

Do not get married and have children before you get your degree out of the way.

Do not get married and have children before you get your degree out of the way.

I think that there should be more satelite classes out of colorado springs.

I am a social work student and have been told that this is by far the the most cost effective way to go to get an degree from an accredited program in Colorado.

Alejandra

Advice that I would give myself would be after graduating really take the time if I want to go to college living in the dorms away form home or living at home. I don't want to make a last minute move and actually decide going to college 2 hours away and then not having a room and roommate already. I would also want to give myself advice to not be afraid of the first day of school. I don't like hearing the fact that you need to be a straight A students, good ACT/SAT score, and prepared for college to be good in college and you will go far in life. For that begin said, don't think that just because I didn't do so well back then I won't improve or be successfull . I struggled alot in English during my high school years and after my second year of college in my English classes I have passed in addition being able to write excellent papers. It takes time for someone to discover themselves and their talent gift. It even takes time and practice to understand the material as well.

I think anyone should attend this school. However, if students are looking for an affordable, small school well Colorado State University- Pueblo is right choice as well. Also, if you live in Colorado and you want to go school far away but not to far away, Colorado State University- Pueblo is the best choice in my opinion.

There is some times when finals come into place and since everyone is using the internet, and I just don't like the fact the internet slows downs. No financila aid is given during the summer if I want to take the opportunity to do a study of abroad. Another thing that get's me frustrated is if I can't take a class during a semester for many reasons so I wait till next semester and that class is either not offered or it is offered at the Colorado Springs Tower.

The majority of my classmates are very focused but it is also easy to find people who are similar and make study groups.

Dear me, Do not fear. That is the greatest piece of advice I can give to you. Do not be afraid of making new friends. There are some hard things ahead. Forgive. It's easier than being angry. You have an amazing support system so use it. There are so many opportunities. Go to the plays, the pep-assemblies, and the football games, they are all worth it. Have fun! This time in your life is when you will be most carefree. You already know this, but you are right about the newspaper. Being Editor-in-Chief is hard but it is so amazing. Do not be afraid of finding out what you love. Everything will work out perfectly. Do not be afraid to make mistakes. In the end you will find that those mistakes make you a stronger person. Be fearless. Love, Your future self

I like the class size because it allows you to have a more personal relationship with the professors.

Michelle

A great place to meet people, get a degree, and set out into the world with confidence.

It is not as bad as you think it is. Most people are pretty chill, and -chances are- you will know some of them from high school. Your professors are pretty cool, but do not mistake them for the teachers you had in high school. There is a bit more work to do during a semester, but nothing you can't handle.

No, but I do not brag much to begin with, so this does not apply to me.

Hey Jessica! It's the future you wanting to talk to you about college and the future we have ahead of us. As of now, you are probably thinking that college is some scary godzilla out there to destroy our social life and our bank accounts. Have no fear though because college truly is NOT like this. I will mention that no matter what college you choose to go to and how far, you are not alone. There are many students there you can make new friends with and faculty that will act as your friend, your parent or whoever when it comes to giving advice. Don't forget that there is always video chat if you are missing home too much. Now you're also wondering how hard college must be. I say you should not worry about that either. If you study hard in high school, then college will be a simple step to climb on and you will start off studying where you left off. It was like going from middle school to high school, believe it or not! Remember to keep up with your studies and one day, literally, you'll be in my shoes.

The best thing about my school is the amount of tutoring the campus has to offer. Professors have open office hours and a student can also schedule an appointment with them if need be. If the professor is not there to help, then the second option is to go to the multiple locations of tutoring areas where a tutor is there to help. Over here, it is all about graduating promptly and easily.

Coming from a high school with little support makes me brag about the staff and students here at Colorado State University-Pueblo. I am encouraged and invited to go where ever there are activities and the parties around. That being said, parties are actually not discouraged at all; only the drugs and alcohol and safety are the main source of concern.

Jacquelin

The students here are friendly, sometimes they seem more timid than I would like.

Dear Jackie, Don't worry about what colleges you are going to apply to; apply to a few. The most important thing to worry about are the scholarships that you apply to. College is expensive and mom and dad can't help, so apply for many scholarships. I know that you will get discouraged half way in, but boy, do you have potential and other people will see that in you, too. Now it may seem like no matter how many essays you write and forms you fill out there will be no end result, but there is, so be patient. Also, don't worry too much about the job that you get at the end of the year. You will regret going to work instead of going to regionals for tennis don't do that to yourself. Life is serious but that's one sacrifice that you didn't have to make. You will find another job pretty soon anyway focus on your grades and the scholarships nothing else. College is difficult but not impossible don't worry about the future too much it will figure itself out. SIncerely, Older Jackie

Students who want to save money and get a decent education.

Destiny

If I could go back in time and give myself advice my senior year, I would have a few recommendations. First off, I would advise myself to join more clubs and get more involved. I tried to stay pretty involved, but I think a few more clubs could have been a good idea. Maybe a sport would have added some more variety. After that, I would tell myself to sign up for microbiology and to retake anatomy. Getting as many prerequisites out of the way is the best way to go about high school. You want to be as well into your college career as possible. As a nursing major, I need both anatomy and microbiology, and since I didn't take them in high school, I now have to take them in college. During these classes, I could be getting other credits taken care of. You live and you learn, but one thing you can't do is fix your mistakes from the past. If I could, I definitely would have made some different choices my senior year.

Anyone who wants a quality education and a great college experience should attend Colorado State University-Pueblo. CSU offers a variety of courses and majors. If you are interested in nursing, like myself, you can also apply for the nursing program. The competition is vast, but it is very possible to get accepted.

As previously stated, anyone should attend CSU-Pueblo, unless they don't offer courses you need for your major.

Analese

If I could go back and talk to my high school senior self I would emphasize the importance of scholarships as well as realizing how schools have progams that are only available at certain times of the year as well as in certain years. There is so much that I would advise my high school senior self about college that it is hard to describe everything that was missed.

I wish that I had known more about the alternating classes that happen in the spring or the fall. As well as the classes that are only available in odd or even years. There wasn't much information about it when I started and kept changing to where it was difficult to plan classes and graduation.

The most frustrating thing about my school is how hard it is to recieve or appeal finacial aid and grant money.

Colorado State University-Pueblo administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.