Pueblo, CO
Colorado State University-Pueblo

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Colorado State University-Pueblo

Jacquelin

The students here are friendly, sometimes they seem more timid than I would like.

Dear Jackie, Don't worry about what colleges you are going to apply to; apply to a few. The most important thing to worry about are the scholarships that you apply to. College is expensive and mom and dad can't help, so apply for many scholarships. I know that you will get discouraged half way in, but boy, do you have potential and other people will see that in you, too. Now it may seem like no matter how many essays you write and forms you fill out there will be no end result, but there is, so be patient. Also, don't worry too much about the job that you get at the end of the year. You will regret going to work instead of going to regionals for tennis don't do that to yourself. Life is serious but that's one sacrifice that you didn't have to make. You will find another job pretty soon anyway focus on your grades and the scholarships nothing else. College is difficult but not impossible don't worry about the future too much it will figure itself out. SIncerely, Older Jackie

Students who want to save money and get a decent education.

Destiny

If I could go back in time and give myself advice my senior year, I would have a few recommendations. First off, I would advise myself to join more clubs and get more involved. I tried to stay pretty involved, but I think a few more clubs could have been a good idea. Maybe a sport would have added some more variety. After that, I would tell myself to sign up for microbiology and to retake anatomy. Getting as many prerequisites out of the way is the best way to go about high school. You want to be as well into your college career as possible. As a nursing major, I need both anatomy and microbiology, and since I didn't take them in high school, I now have to take them in college. During these classes, I could be getting other credits taken care of. You live and you learn, but one thing you can't do is fix your mistakes from the past. If I could, I definitely would have made some different choices my senior year.

Anyone who wants a quality education and a great college experience should attend Colorado State University-Pueblo. CSU offers a variety of courses and majors. If you are interested in nursing, like myself, you can also apply for the nursing program. The competition is vast, but it is very possible to get accepted.

As previously stated, anyone should attend CSU-Pueblo, unless they don't offer courses you need for your major.

Analese

If I could go back and talk to my high school senior self I would emphasize the importance of scholarships as well as realizing how schools have progams that are only available at certain times of the year as well as in certain years. There is so much that I would advise my high school senior self about college that it is hard to describe everything that was missed.

I wish that I had known more about the alternating classes that happen in the spring or the fall. As well as the classes that are only available in odd or even years. There wasn't much information about it when I started and kept changing to where it was difficult to plan classes and graduation.

The most frustrating thing about my school is how hard it is to recieve or appeal finacial aid and grant money.

Kenisa

Get better grades so I could have school paid for. It's extremely hard paying for it yourself and not having any financial help. Also getting a job during the summer would've really helped in the long run when food was getting short and when coming up with laundry money was harder than expected. Transitioning is really hard especially being a mamas girl and tearing apart from it was unbearable but calling and texting her everyday helps out a lot. Getting a job on campus right away will help out a bunch because you can pay off tuition while having money in your pocket at the same time. And its a lovely thing. Try having all classes in the morning to get it done and over with its the best thing to do. Lastly don't make friends with every one you meet. People aren't always for you. Stay to yourself and you'll be fine.

The best thing would have to be the rooms. They're big for two people to live in comfortably.

I brag about my independence the most. I lovebeing by myself and having my space and my own time to do what I want. I miss hme a lot but being on my own is a lot better.

John

Your senior year is a "big deal"! You're the top dogs of the school and you have paid your dues for the last three years, and this year is going to be the best year of your life! My advice to you as a senior is to first make it memorable. Attend all the games and dances, and spend time making memories with your friends. However, with that being said, don't drop the ball on your grades! This is a time that will count for your future! Make sure you don't get lazy and get behind on homework - turn it all in because it's all important. Do lots of volunteer work in your community because it looks great on scholarship applications. Oh yeah, apply for lot's of scholarships! Also make sure you get a good night's rest before taking those ACT's for the third time just because you want to get a better grade each time. Don't rush, and make sure you read all the questions. Oh yeah, and enjoy your graduation ceremony! You earned it by working hard and staying up late all those nights studying for your exams. Have fun!

The best thing about my school is the size of it. The class size is perfect, and gives the professors a chance to get to know the students individually. The school just brought back football three years ago, and all three years our team has made it to the playoffs. It's safe, and has our local Sheriff's Department serving as the security, which makes students feel safe when walking to and from classes. There is also lots of clubs that students can get involved in, and a new recreation center that allows students to explore the outdoors.

The most frustrating is the cost of tuition. They recently had to cut their budget and layoff about twelve professors, and at the same time raise the cost of tuition. It is hard for a student to pay for school these days without graduating with about $30,000 in debt. When kids graduate from school, we are encouraged to go to college and earn a degree, but the thought of having that size of a debt waiting for you after graduation if you have a job or not, really discourages students to find a different path to take.

JoAnn

The advice I would give myself would be to make sure you are in the field that you will spend the rest of your life doing. Volunteer at a place that you may be working at in the future so that you can see what is really involved in the career path you have chosen. Do not do something that your family or friends believe you should be doing and never stop believing in yourself. Always take challenges with an open mind. Remember that there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Know that you will not like every class that is required but you will get through it. Never be afraid to speak your mind and do not be influenced by peers. Stand your ground. Take advantage of every opportunity that is available to you. When you hit a rough patch, ask for help. Most of all take care of your health, eat right, and get plenty of exercise.

When you have to take a required class and both the teacher and the class are a waste of time and money.

Cierra

The school has fantastic Political Science professors. They are exceptional.

The school has fantastic Political Science professors. They are exceptional.

Write the scholarship essays! Write all of them, forever. It seems like a lot of work, but your friends are lame (except Lindsay). Just write them already!

The wind is the worst. The campus is located in northern Pueblo, which seems like the windiest part of the state.

Brielle

They are really friendly and always willing to help when you need it.

They are really friendly and always willing to help when you need it.

I would tell myself to stay focused. Get your GPA as high as you can. Don't choose a school because of where your friends are going. Go where you want to go. Participate more in after school activities and just make memories before you go to college where things really get serious.

It's so small everyone knows everyone. The classes are small and the professors are understanding.

Alec

The thing i consider most unique at CSU-P is how the students and alumni are so proud of Pueblo and the school. When you go to a big campus, the students usually go there for the environment or 1 or 2 exceptional programs, but at Pueblo you have people that care so much for the university, they are willing to go the extra mile to try and improve something. I am originally from Colorado Springs and I am proud to say I am from there, just as people born and raised at Pueblo are.

I consider the worst thing here at CSU-P is where it is located. The school itself is very well put together and the professors and programs offer a lot of knowledge and experience to the students. I just do not like the fact that is for a lack of better word, plain and boring. I wish that this school would stay the same staff and program wise, but move to a different location like Denver or Boulder.

James

Do IB. Just do it. It will prepare you more than anything you will ever do for yourself. It will help you write essays and make it easier in the long run. Challenge yourself to be better than the day before and to continue improving until you have achieved what is ultimatly greatness. Just work harder and not worry about all the people around you and what they think.

I believe that the football team is one of the better things for the school. I also believe that the size of it is what makes it great.

A person who wants a huge party scene. Also a person who is looking for a large city with lots to do should avoid CSUP.

Colorado State University-Pueblo administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.