Pueblo, CO
Colorado State University-Pueblo

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Colorado State University-Pueblo

Kenisa

Get better grades so I could have school paid for. It's extremely hard paying for it yourself and not having any financial help. Also getting a job during the summer would've really helped in the long run when food was getting short and when coming up with laundry money was harder than expected. Transitioning is really hard especially being a mamas girl and tearing apart from it was unbearable but calling and texting her everyday helps out a lot. Getting a job on campus right away will help out a bunch because you can pay off tuition while having money in your pocket at the same time. And its a lovely thing. Try having all classes in the morning to get it done and over with its the best thing to do. Lastly don't make friends with every one you meet. People aren't always for you. Stay to yourself and you'll be fine.

The best thing would have to be the rooms. They're big for two people to live in comfortably.

I brag about my independence the most. I lovebeing by myself and having my space and my own time to do what I want. I miss hme a lot but being on my own is a lot better.

John

Your senior year is a "big deal"! You're the top dogs of the school and you have paid your dues for the last three years, and this year is going to be the best year of your life! My advice to you as a senior is to first make it memorable. Attend all the games and dances, and spend time making memories with your friends. However, with that being said, don't drop the ball on your grades! This is a time that will count for your future! Make sure you don't get lazy and get behind on homework - turn it all in because it's all important. Do lots of volunteer work in your community because it looks great on scholarship applications. Oh yeah, apply for lot's of scholarships! Also make sure you get a good night's rest before taking those ACT's for the third time just because you want to get a better grade each time. Don't rush, and make sure you read all the questions. Oh yeah, and enjoy your graduation ceremony! You earned it by working hard and staying up late all those nights studying for your exams. Have fun!

The best thing about my school is the size of it. The class size is perfect, and gives the professors a chance to get to know the students individually. The school just brought back football three years ago, and all three years our team has made it to the playoffs. It's safe, and has our local Sheriff's Department serving as the security, which makes students feel safe when walking to and from classes. There is also lots of clubs that students can get involved in, and a new recreation center that allows students to explore the outdoors.

The most frustrating is the cost of tuition. They recently had to cut their budget and layoff about twelve professors, and at the same time raise the cost of tuition. It is hard for a student to pay for school these days without graduating with about $30,000 in debt. When kids graduate from school, we are encouraged to go to college and earn a degree, but the thought of having that size of a debt waiting for you after graduation if you have a job or not, really discourages students to find a different path to take.

JoAnn

The advice I would give myself would be to make sure you are in the field that you will spend the rest of your life doing. Volunteer at a place that you may be working at in the future so that you can see what is really involved in the career path you have chosen. Do not do something that your family or friends believe you should be doing and never stop believing in yourself. Always take challenges with an open mind. Remember that there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Know that you will not like every class that is required but you will get through it. Never be afraid to speak your mind and do not be influenced by peers. Stand your ground. Take advantage of every opportunity that is available to you. When you hit a rough patch, ask for help. Most of all take care of your health, eat right, and get plenty of exercise.

When you have to take a required class and both the teacher and the class are a waste of time and money.

Cierra

The school has fantastic Political Science professors. They are exceptional.

The school has fantastic Political Science professors. They are exceptional.

Write the scholarship essays! Write all of them, forever. It seems like a lot of work, but your friends are lame (except Lindsay). Just write them already!

The wind is the worst. The campus is located in northern Pueblo, which seems like the windiest part of the state.

Brielle

They are really friendly and always willing to help when you need it.

They are really friendly and always willing to help when you need it.

I would tell myself to stay focused. Get your GPA as high as you can. Don't choose a school because of where your friends are going. Go where you want to go. Participate more in after school activities and just make memories before you go to college where things really get serious.

It's so small everyone knows everyone. The classes are small and the professors are understanding.

Alec

The thing i consider most unique at CSU-P is how the students and alumni are so proud of Pueblo and the school. When you go to a big campus, the students usually go there for the environment or 1 or 2 exceptional programs, but at Pueblo you have people that care so much for the university, they are willing to go the extra mile to try and improve something. I am originally from Colorado Springs and I am proud to say I am from there, just as people born and raised at Pueblo are.

I consider the worst thing here at CSU-P is where it is located. The school itself is very well put together and the professors and programs offer a lot of knowledge and experience to the students. I just do not like the fact that is for a lack of better word, plain and boring. I wish that this school would stay the same staff and program wise, but move to a different location like Denver or Boulder.

James

Do IB. Just do it. It will prepare you more than anything you will ever do for yourself. It will help you write essays and make it easier in the long run. Challenge yourself to be better than the day before and to continue improving until you have achieved what is ultimatly greatness. Just work harder and not worry about all the people around you and what they think.

I believe that the football team is one of the better things for the school. I also believe that the size of it is what makes it great.

A person who wants a huge party scene. Also a person who is looking for a large city with lots to do should avoid CSUP.

Hi, Everyone go to college even if you don't think it's for you. I say this because college is how you’re going to get anywhere in life. Due to are extremely high casting society we are forced to work as hard as we can to make are lives and family's lives more tolerable to live in. To not be stressed out and struggle to live day by day. I being a teen mom statistics say I would not even make it out of High School but look at me now in my life I am a young independent single mother fresh out of high school off to a community college. Yes, it might not be exactly where I saw myself when I was a freshman but listen I made it to a good point where I can build from and further my education. Overall no matter how hard things may get for you look up and change your life for the better and think it's not just changing you’re it's also you’re future family's life as well. The decision is now in your hand.

Aubrey

The most affordable and diverse four year university in the entire state!

The most affordable and diverse four year university in the entire state!

There are no mistakes, only learning experiences. Society tells you that you must have a plan in order to succeed, this is inaccurate. They say if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. That is because even the best laid plans go astray. Some people are able to follow the traditional academic path, others must first allow themselves to live, helter skelter if necessary, before they can appreciate and dedicate themselves to scholarly pursuits. You are the latter, and that is not wrong. Have faith in yourself, you will get there when you're meant to.

There are a lot of fantastic financial aid opportunities at this institution, I wish I had known about them and their deadlines so that I could have utilized them during my first year as a transfer student.

Katie

My school is best known for its football team, which went undefeated until the second round of play offs this past year

The most unique part about my school is the marching program. While other colleges have a marching band the most they usually do is spell out words on the field, while CSU Pueblo creates a show for halftime audiences at football games.

Katie, we both know that college is where you're headed. I know you'll do fine in your coursees and you'll meet great people and have a wonderful time. Let me tell you the hardest part about college though, it's expensive. Our partents want to help, but they just can't. So here is my advice to you, apply for as many scholarships as you can. Work harder to get a job and save all the money you can. If I had known that I'd be in so much danger of not being able to continue toward getting my degree because of money earlier, I would have worked so much harder. I don't want you to have to go through the same stress. I want to know that financing your education is easier than what I'm going through. We're meant to go to college, promise you'll do everything you can to make that dream come true.

Colorado State University-Pueblo administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.