Pueblo, CO
Colorado State University-Pueblo

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Colorado State University-Pueblo

Shantel

I would tell myself that I need to make clear goals and focus on how to obtain those goals. I was a young mother and so the most important thing I would tell myself is to wait to have children until I have completed all the tasks and goals that I set for myself regarding my education. Regarding all aspects of college life I would tell myself that the road to success is never easy but not to give up on my dreams simply because it is hard. Some of my best accomplishments have come from some of the hardest tasks I have undertook and came out on top. Know yourself and what you want out of this life. Don't go to college simply because you feel you have to. I isn't not cheap and the value of money is not a myth. What you borrow you will have to pay back. Learn how to manage money and understand the true value of the dollar. Don't get pressured into taking out a ton of loans simply because you think it's free money... it is not! Remember to take good care of yourself.

I would say that the concensus on the campus is that they are not very informative and helpful regarding classes, financial aid, and other aspects required for entry into the college. Many students feel lost and that they have had no direction on how to schedule classes, access financial aid and other services. I feel that the school need not assume that new students understand all processes and will get them completed. They need to make it easy for students to access these services and understand how financial aid works and how it will affect them in the future.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is independant and not afraid to branch out and do things for themselves. You need to be confident and goal oriented.

Dakota

If i could go back and tell myself one thing before leaving for college i wouldnt because i would want to change a thing. I am blessed with choosing a school so far away and making all new friends. If i had to tell myself something though i would tell myself to enjoy the time that you have with all your friends because it can be taken away from you very quickly. So love the ones who love you back and dont hold back anything.

My school has alot of people who commute so i feel that if more people lived on campus then there would be alot more things to do and you would be able to make alot more friends.

I dont think that this is the type of school that you need to be someone to attend. This school is amazing and anyone could come here and find a group of friends just like themselves. I feel that who ever came to this school would fall in love with it.

Cody

I, as a high school senior, need to understand that college should be approached in bite-sized portions. Attempting to comprehend the vast scope of prerequisites, scholarships, and academic responsibilities in one go will only stifle any motivations to achieve a form of higher learning. On a day-by-day basis, I must swallow my fears, especially my fear of success, and slowly work on the often bitter academic process. The beginning of most things in life is the usually the most difficult. Mustering the willpower to write that first sentence of a final paper, for example, is probably the most exhausting aspect of the project because it symbolizes the commitment to finishing a very arduous task. Therefore, like a good game of Jenga, my high school self needs to take things slow and make the first step to reach new heights, else our success will crumble by our impatience.

Kaitlyn

Colorado State University Pueblo is known for a few different things, but the most common included, the Hassan School of Business, the engineering program that is offered and the nursing program that is offered. Colorado State University Pueblo also has an outstanding athletics program, but mainly in football. The school is also known for its small stature compared to its partner school CSU Fort Collins. They provide a close knit relationship with most teachers because they have fewer students attending. Overall Colorado State University Pueblo is known for a variety of different things.

There are several different pieces of advice that I would give myself that would better prepare me for college. There is a lot of advice that I would wish to tell myself to make the transition to college a bit easier. The biggest piece of advice I’d give myself is be more organized and manage my time better. In high school it is easy to do things at the last possible minute, but in college that is not the case. The work that is required in college takes more time and effort, and it can be a bit of a shock if you are not properly prepared to manage your time well. It will pose for several late nights trying to finish homework that you won’t even remember how to do the next day because it is so late. Managing your time is a hard thing to learn, but if I could have learned it sooner, my transition into college wouldn’t have been as difficult. Also learn to be organized, as this will help with the time management, but also keep all you r schoolwork straight and easily accessible thus making college a little easier.

The type of person that shouldn’t attend this school is someone who isn't willing to work. This school contains people who want to put forth the extra effort and go places in life. Someone who just wants to go for the party scene of college shouldn’t attend this school to attend. Those who want to just skate by in their classes shouldn’t attend this school, because there are high expectations set for the students here. So anyone who doesn’t want to try that hard at the academic aspect of college should not attend this school.

You dont have to go to school right away if you need some time to think about what you really want to do, it is really important to like what your doing and not hesitant about wondering if this job is meant for you... Financially it is a lot of money that is being wasted if you decide to change your major even if you just do your basics... What a lot of people dont know is that for each major they have their own amount and requirements of basics that is needed. so if you decide to change your major and the courses you have already taken are not needed for the current major you have taken, you realize that money went down the drain and for the low income it might get harder to finish school for financial reasons...So if you are very limited for financial reasons i say use the time to do some critical thinking about your career and put all effort in doing a great job in school because this is going to better your future and help with the limits of successfully finishing school financially...

Donyelle

If I could go back to being a senior in high school, I would tell myself to start looking at college choices really early like junior year. Also to apply to multiple colleges, not just one or two. When you are accepted to take a look at the college more deeply than just looking on the surface. Make sure you know exactly where all your classes are and also ask lots of questions. The one thing I defanitly would tell myself is to not wait until the last minute to do everything. Basically to start early when looking for colleges.

The worst thing about this school would be the food. There are some good choices but you can get really tired of the same things that they tend to serve. Sometimes the food also doesn't seem to be fresh at times.

The most frustrating thing I would say about this school would be the internet. When lots of people are on the internet the computers are really slow.

Mardi

First off, I would tell myself to apply for scholarships and loans to get enough money, along with financial aid, so that I would have enough money to cover my expenses for that year of college. I would also tell me self to get all the expenses taken care of the first few weeks of school so that I would not have to worry about it during the semester.

Melanie

If I could go back to when I was a high school seinor, I would have told myself to focus more on making a higher GPA, studying harder for SAT/ACT exams. I would have foucsed more on dual enrollment at the community college and aspired to complete my AA before finishing high school. I would have gotten my AA in a specific area, like accounting, or finance, if I had I know better rather than in general studies. I wasn't at the best community college, but I didn't take advantage of the resources that the school offered with counseling. I tried to do it on my own, and only ended up changing my focus of my degree over and over, and working harder. I would tell my self to set a goal, have a plan and to stick to it, but to have 1 back up plan, that would have made it to where I didn't lose any credits, but still helped with both plans. I also wished that my parents had givin better counsel, and pushed more on how having a degree would get me a much better job than my highschool diploma.

How helpful and nice the staff and teachers are I would have come sooner. And I really like the way the classes are laid out.

Someone who wants to work hard and be succesful in completing their degree.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself about the freedom and the independent choices that lie ahead that will help me mold who I want to be. College will give me insight on what I want for myself as an adult and more power to do it. I can choose what and how I learn and at whatever pace makes me feel most comfortable in achieving my goals. The instructors get better at teaching, they will demand more involvement, interaction and participation, however, they will have a more defined purpose. The classes are more challenging yet also more motivating because they are in-line with my future career goals, they are faster paced. I would also tell myself to “get ready” . . . get ready to start learning, get ready to start developing my social, interpersonal, and professional skills, get ready to contribute to academia—get ready to grow

I brag on my school mostly because of their flexible class schedules. I have a busy life yaking care of my family and Colorado State University-Pueablo allows me to take the classes I need, when it is more conveinent for me. They offer lunch hour, night and weekend classes which allows me to go to school full-time and take care of my family. I trust the acedemic programs and their available class schedules.

Kaitlyn

I would tell myself not to worry so much about college. It may seem scary at first because you are moving out and heading to a different city to become more of an adult. But there is no need to worry because I know you will make a lot of friends and study a lot and also learn a lot on the way. The teachers are not as scary as you thought they would be also they are actually very entertaining and know how to make you laugh. College is fun and a lot of people do not judge around here either they know college is a new experience and they are learning all sorts of new stuff also. So do not worry and relax because this a new beginning that will be full of adventures waiting to be found.

The best thing about my school is the fact that they always have entertaining stuff to do such as riding in helicopters or having a paint fight. They know how to keep a college student happy and never bored. There has not gone one day where you could not say there was nothing to do at school because everyday there is at least one thing available to do.

A person that knows how to have fun and learn at the same time. They like to make the classes as fun as possible. They try to have everyone as motivated as the next person. They also want everyone to learn and what better way not to learn then by making it fun.

Colorado State University-Pueblo administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.