Pueblo, CO
Colorado State University-Pueblo

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Colorado State University-Pueblo

Alec

The thing i consider most unique at CSU-P is how the students and alumni are so proud of Pueblo and the school. When you go to a big campus, the students usually go there for the environment or 1 or 2 exceptional programs, but at Pueblo you have people that care so much for the university, they are willing to go the extra mile to try and improve something. I am originally from Colorado Springs and I am proud to say I am from there, just as people born and raised at Pueblo are.

I consider the worst thing here at CSU-P is where it is located. The school itself is very well put together and the professors and programs offer a lot of knowledge and experience to the students. I just do not like the fact that is for a lack of better word, plain and boring. I wish that this school would stay the same staff and program wise, but move to a different location like Denver or Boulder.

James

Do IB. Just do it. It will prepare you more than anything you will ever do for yourself. It will help you write essays and make it easier in the long run. Challenge yourself to be better than the day before and to continue improving until you have achieved what is ultimatly greatness. Just work harder and not worry about all the people around you and what they think.

I believe that the football team is one of the better things for the school. I also believe that the size of it is what makes it great.

A person who wants a huge party scene. Also a person who is looking for a large city with lots to do should avoid CSUP.

Hi, Everyone go to college even if you don't think it's for you. I say this because college is how you’re going to get anywhere in life. Due to are extremely high casting society we are forced to work as hard as we can to make are lives and family's lives more tolerable to live in. To not be stressed out and struggle to live day by day. I being a teen mom statistics say I would not even make it out of High School but look at me now in my life I am a young independent single mother fresh out of high school off to a community college. Yes, it might not be exactly where I saw myself when I was a freshman but listen I made it to a good point where I can build from and further my education. Overall no matter how hard things may get for you look up and change your life for the better and think it's not just changing you’re it's also you’re future family's life as well. The decision is now in your hand.

Aubrey

The most affordable and diverse four year university in the entire state!

The most affordable and diverse four year university in the entire state!

There are no mistakes, only learning experiences. Society tells you that you must have a plan in order to succeed, this is inaccurate. They say if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. That is because even the best laid plans go astray. Some people are able to follow the traditional academic path, others must first allow themselves to live, helter skelter if necessary, before they can appreciate and dedicate themselves to scholarly pursuits. You are the latter, and that is not wrong. Have faith in yourself, you will get there when you're meant to.

There are a lot of fantastic financial aid opportunities at this institution, I wish I had known about them and their deadlines so that I could have utilized them during my first year as a transfer student.

Katie

My school is best known for its football team, which went undefeated until the second round of play offs this past year

The most unique part about my school is the marching program. While other colleges have a marching band the most they usually do is spell out words on the field, while CSU Pueblo creates a show for halftime audiences at football games.

Katie, we both know that college is where you're headed. I know you'll do fine in your coursees and you'll meet great people and have a wonderful time. Let me tell you the hardest part about college though, it's expensive. Our partents want to help, but they just can't. So here is my advice to you, apply for as many scholarships as you can. Work harder to get a job and save all the money you can. If I had known that I'd be in so much danger of not being able to continue toward getting my degree because of money earlier, I would have worked so much harder. I don't want you to have to go through the same stress. I want to know that financing your education is easier than what I'm going through. We're meant to go to college, promise you'll do everything you can to make that dream come true.

Shantel

I would tell myself that I need to make clear goals and focus on how to obtain those goals. I was a young mother and so the most important thing I would tell myself is to wait to have children until I have completed all the tasks and goals that I set for myself regarding my education. Regarding all aspects of college life I would tell myself that the road to success is never easy but not to give up on my dreams simply because it is hard. Some of my best accomplishments have come from some of the hardest tasks I have undertook and came out on top. Know yourself and what you want out of this life. Don't go to college simply because you feel you have to. I isn't not cheap and the value of money is not a myth. What you borrow you will have to pay back. Learn how to manage money and understand the true value of the dollar. Don't get pressured into taking out a ton of loans simply because you think it's free money... it is not! Remember to take good care of yourself.

I would say that the concensus on the campus is that they are not very informative and helpful regarding classes, financial aid, and other aspects required for entry into the college. Many students feel lost and that they have had no direction on how to schedule classes, access financial aid and other services. I feel that the school need not assume that new students understand all processes and will get them completed. They need to make it easy for students to access these services and understand how financial aid works and how it will affect them in the future.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is independant and not afraid to branch out and do things for themselves. You need to be confident and goal oriented.

Dakota

If i could go back and tell myself one thing before leaving for college i wouldnt because i would want to change a thing. I am blessed with choosing a school so far away and making all new friends. If i had to tell myself something though i would tell myself to enjoy the time that you have with all your friends because it can be taken away from you very quickly. So love the ones who love you back and dont hold back anything.

My school has alot of people who commute so i feel that if more people lived on campus then there would be alot more things to do and you would be able to make alot more friends.

I dont think that this is the type of school that you need to be someone to attend. This school is amazing and anyone could come here and find a group of friends just like themselves. I feel that who ever came to this school would fall in love with it.

Cody

I, as a high school senior, need to understand that college should be approached in bite-sized portions. Attempting to comprehend the vast scope of prerequisites, scholarships, and academic responsibilities in one go will only stifle any motivations to achieve a form of higher learning. On a day-by-day basis, I must swallow my fears, especially my fear of success, and slowly work on the often bitter academic process. The beginning of most things in life is the usually the most difficult. Mustering the willpower to write that first sentence of a final paper, for example, is probably the most exhausting aspect of the project because it symbolizes the commitment to finishing a very arduous task. Therefore, like a good game of Jenga, my high school self needs to take things slow and make the first step to reach new heights, else our success will crumble by our impatience.

Kaitlyn

Colorado State University Pueblo is known for a few different things, but the most common included, the Hassan School of Business, the engineering program that is offered and the nursing program that is offered. Colorado State University Pueblo also has an outstanding athletics program, but mainly in football. The school is also known for its small stature compared to its partner school CSU Fort Collins. They provide a close knit relationship with most teachers because they have fewer students attending. Overall Colorado State University Pueblo is known for a variety of different things.

There are several different pieces of advice that I would give myself that would better prepare me for college. There is a lot of advice that I would wish to tell myself to make the transition to college a bit easier. The biggest piece of advice I’d give myself is be more organized and manage my time better. In high school it is easy to do things at the last possible minute, but in college that is not the case. The work that is required in college takes more time and effort, and it can be a bit of a shock if you are not properly prepared to manage your time well. It will pose for several late nights trying to finish homework that you won’t even remember how to do the next day because it is so late. Managing your time is a hard thing to learn, but if I could have learned it sooner, my transition into college wouldn’t have been as difficult. Also learn to be organized, as this will help with the time management, but also keep all you r schoolwork straight and easily accessible thus making college a little easier.

The type of person that shouldn’t attend this school is someone who isn't willing to work. This school contains people who want to put forth the extra effort and go places in life. Someone who just wants to go for the party scene of college shouldn’t attend this school to attend. Those who want to just skate by in their classes shouldn’t attend this school, because there are high expectations set for the students here. So anyone who doesn’t want to try that hard at the academic aspect of college should not attend this school.

You dont have to go to school right away if you need some time to think about what you really want to do, it is really important to like what your doing and not hesitant about wondering if this job is meant for you... Financially it is a lot of money that is being wasted if you decide to change your major even if you just do your basics... What a lot of people dont know is that for each major they have their own amount and requirements of basics that is needed. so if you decide to change your major and the courses you have already taken are not needed for the current major you have taken, you realize that money went down the drain and for the low income it might get harder to finish school for financial reasons...So if you are very limited for financial reasons i say use the time to do some critical thinking about your career and put all effort in doing a great job in school because this is going to better your future and help with the limits of successfully finishing school financially...

Colorado State University-Pueblo administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.