Pueblo, CO
Colorado State University-Pueblo

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Colorado State University-Pueblo

kendrick

my classmates in one sentence are simply amazing and on another level.

my classmates in one sentence are simply amazing and on another level.

the best advice I could give myself would be too never stop hunting for scholarships and try to save up all the money I can for college because It's very difficult to attend college when you have little or no money at all.

I would say that there is nothing worst about my school. I am entirely happy and loving the experience I get from attending.

amber

The diversity of students on campus is truly unique here. It is amazing for me, especially comming from a very small town, to interact with students from all over the globe. I love learning about different cultures and I have made wonderful friendships with young adults from all over. It makes me so proud to see that no matter what the color of ones skin is, we all have an equal chance to succeed.

Attending college has not only helped me to grow academically but I have grown tremendously on an emotional level. Looking back to high school, I was a very positive, outgoing person but I never had the confidence to know that I am able to make a huge difference in the world. Within the two years I have attended college, I have had major life changes. My family no longer supports me because I choose to date an African American man. I have had to push through and support myself and know that I can make it. It has been the greatest challenge of my life to find the inner strenght to pursue my dreams and never give up faith. If I had the chance to talk to myself as a high school senior I was say that no matter where life takes a you remember to always have passion and faith. Those two attributes can take you to the moon and back! Hold your head high, never ever give up, and the sky is the limit!

I don't really find anything about CSU to be extremly frusterating. Pueblo is somewhat of a smaller city, so sometimes it is hard to find new expirences to conquer but the school does an amazing job at providing opportunities. I am proud to say that I attend CSU-Pueblo.

My classmates are awesome, unique individuals.

My classmates are awesome, unique individuals.

My campus experience is a collage of vivid encounters produced by belonging to an elite campus leadership program, opening a new campus organization and in employment by the university as an Orientation Leader. The President's Leadership Program is an academic leadership program sponsored by Colorado State University-Pueblo. They believe I can be a transformational leader who will serve Colorado and the community I live and work in. We join with local and state leaders in Colorado to resolve social issues. My class and I were so moved by the need of children living on the streets in our community, we made it our PLP junior class project about raising awareness of homeless youth in Pueblo. Just as an artist has many color selections to fill in their picture, the diversity of people I have met in college color my life. I have taken the opportunity to start a campus organization. Working with numerous resources of the Student Activities Office offered through the campus has helped me gather a group of multicultural and international friends bringing a fresh perspective on how beautiful different cultures are. Friendships I have found here have forever left a lasting impression on my heart.

My campus organization I started and the business school I attend is internationally accredited.

The fact that I am attending college and that I plan to transfer to a university next fall means a lot to me and to my family. I am the first one in my family to ever attend to college. I want to make my father proud of me, he wants me to get a good education as much as I want to. Unfortunately I don't have enough money to pay for my education expenses. But if there's something I got out of attending college; especially from my teachers; is that I have the academic potential to succeed at a University, and I don't want that to go to waste due to lack of resources.

Natalie

At the age of almost 27, I have just recently completed my Associate's Degree in Visual Communications at Pueblo Community College. I have worked in three restaurants as a manager, cook, server, bartender, and dishwasher in order to pay for a car, food, entertainment, and life as it comes. As a junior at Colorado State University-Pueblo this Spring 2011 semester, I am currently taking Mass Communications courses and will be a DJ at the local radio station, REV 89. I am excited to be on my way to completing my Bachelor's Degree and truly value my education. I hope to one day be able to work for Channel 5/30 as a Electronic Media minor and I am grateful to have the experience to work for the Center for New Media at Pueblo Community College two years ago. If I was to be awarded with scholarship earnings, it would eliminate stress related situations from the restaurant business so that I could put all my efforts and focus into class and studying.

The worst part of Colorado State University-Pueblo is having to take out student loans to survive financially. If more scholarship money was awarded to students that truly want to better themselves and their education, then students could just focus on their studies instead of having to worry about finding a part-time job. Colorado State University-Pueblo is what you make of it. If any student has a bad attitude towards the school then that will most likely be the feedback that they receive. I am happy to be in school and value my education as an adult.

The most frustrasting thing about Colorado State University-Pueblo is waiting for the library to be completed with it's construction. I feel that later on in this Spring 2011 semester, I will be able to study on campus more instead of going to the library across town. There is also construction at the Buell Communications center where most of my classes are held that is supposed to be completed later in the Spring. Once the campus is completed "re-modeled", I feel it will have a better atmosphere for studying.

Kendra

When I graduate college, I will be the first in my entire family to do so. My whole life, I have dreamed of wanting to become something to help others. I did not know if I wanted to be a nurse, a teacher, or something along the lines of helping someone else and giving back to the community. In 2004 my little brother was born, he's my world. As he grew older, we discovered that he has speech problems. From that point on I decided I wanted to become a speech pathologist. This is my second semester in college and I love it. It's helping me achieve my dreams. Making my family proud and giving to other people. I hope to gain more knowledge to be the best that I can be in my career and help children, adults, and other people who do not have what I do. The college I am at now is a two year college and all my teachers are fantastic. I need to be in a four year college for my bachelor’s degree. This career will be helpful and fulfill my dreams of being able to work in hospitals or schools.

Maleeha

College experience to me has been the absolute best, especially since I moved to Texas last year in my senior year of High School. Last year, because of the move, I was very depressed, moody, and hated to go to my new school. My grades dropped, my parents were concerned with my behavior, and making new friends was a difficult task. I was literally in a dark deep hole, one where I did not want to ever come out of. I missed my life back at my home state of New York, missed my wonderful friends, and felt hatred towards my parents for forcing me to move here. College gave me a chance to have a brand new start in school life, one where I was very happy, upbeat, and excited to start a new learning year. Since the start of college, I have yet again regained my love for knowledge, met some very cool people, and found my career goal in life. I also have done many new and excited things in college, like singing on stage in front of hundreds for a charity event, a very scary and thrilling experience. In a nutshell, college helped me be myself.

Benjamin

My school is best known for being incredibly diverse, and easy to get in to. While there is plenty of culture here, it is basically impossible NOT to be accepted. This is a little disappointing because there is no acedemic competition, but overall it is certainly a worthwhile experience that will leave students with a decent start at life.

The truth about college is that it is NOTHING like it is portrayed to be when a student is in high school. The college experience is a grenade that destroys everything a student believes about life, the world and themselves. In my experience at CSU-Pueblo, I have discovered a portion of the complications of life, like the importance of money, cultural tolerance and dealing with death. There have been many situations that have expanded my knowledge and continue to drive me to succeed, such as a study abroad trip to Italy, Greece and Turkey. Most importantly, through the relationships and experiences that have been introduced to me at the university, I have found a new me. When leaving high school, there was a real anxiety associated with my identity and who I wanted to be. With the help of my friends and my higher power, I have successfully found the person in me that I like being... that I am proud being. There is nothing more valuable than understanding yourself and knowing what the purpose of your life is, and I believe that college has unlocked and will continue to help me unlock the mysteries of myself.

I wish I would have understood the benefits of having a single room, the concept of room changes and the importance of classwork. Also, the grading system here is fair, but not challenging (at least to me). I got onto the Dean's List for having a GPA of 3.5 or higher, but I don't feel that I deserved it because I did not study as hard as I could have to really apply myself.

Margaret

CSU Pueblo is a diverse environment bringing together students of all ages, interests, and backgrounds to pursue their educational and professional dreams in a friendly and supportive environment.

I am returning to school to earn my teaching certificate because I have realized that the field of education is where my passion truly lies. I have already received a Bachelor's from Ithaca College in Sociology which I have used in my work with an environmental lobbying organization as well as an educational reform non-profit. However, I caught the classroom teaching bug and I couldn't seem to shake it, so I returned to school last fall at the University of Rhode Island to pursue my degree in Secondary Education, History and Social Studies. However, I found URI woefully disappointing and started looking elsewhere. What CSU Pueblo does well is that they offer choices to students who are going through transitions. Their Degree Plus program was perfect for me, allowing me to earn only the credits I needed for teacher certification without going through the hassle of a lengthy second Bachelor's Degree. I am grateful as well for the friendly and helpful staff employed here, including my advisor who walked me through signing up for classes and laid out my requirements in very plain terms. I look forward to my future experiences here at CSU.

Essential classes are not always offered as frequently as might be convenient for students who do not want to attend school any longer than they have to. It's also on a very large hill, which may sound like a joke, but as a bike commuter, it gets difficult!

Colorado State University-Pueblo administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.