Pueblo, CO
Colorado State University-Pueblo

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Colorado State University-Pueblo

Donyelle

If I could go back to being a senior in high school, I would tell myself to start looking at college choices really early like junior year. Also to apply to multiple colleges, not just one or two. When you are accepted to take a look at the college more deeply than just looking on the surface. Make sure you know exactly where all your classes are and also ask lots of questions. The one thing I defanitly would tell myself is to not wait until the last minute to do everything. Basically to start early when looking for colleges.

The worst thing about this school would be the food. There are some good choices but you can get really tired of the same things that they tend to serve. Sometimes the food also doesn't seem to be fresh at times.

The most frustrating thing I would say about this school would be the internet. When lots of people are on the internet the computers are really slow.

Mardi

First off, I would tell myself to apply for scholarships and loans to get enough money, along with financial aid, so that I would have enough money to cover my expenses for that year of college. I would also tell me self to get all the expenses taken care of the first few weeks of school so that I would not have to worry about it during the semester.

Melanie

If I could go back to when I was a high school seinor, I would have told myself to focus more on making a higher GPA, studying harder for SAT/ACT exams. I would have foucsed more on dual enrollment at the community college and aspired to complete my AA before finishing high school. I would have gotten my AA in a specific area, like accounting, or finance, if I had I know better rather than in general studies. I wasn't at the best community college, but I didn't take advantage of the resources that the school offered with counseling. I tried to do it on my own, and only ended up changing my focus of my degree over and over, and working harder. I would tell my self to set a goal, have a plan and to stick to it, but to have 1 back up plan, that would have made it to where I didn't lose any credits, but still helped with both plans. I also wished that my parents had givin better counsel, and pushed more on how having a degree would get me a much better job than my highschool diploma.

How helpful and nice the staff and teachers are I would have come sooner. And I really like the way the classes are laid out.

Someone who wants to work hard and be succesful in completing their degree.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself about the freedom and the independent choices that lie ahead that will help me mold who I want to be. College will give me insight on what I want for myself as an adult and more power to do it. I can choose what and how I learn and at whatever pace makes me feel most comfortable in achieving my goals. The instructors get better at teaching, they will demand more involvement, interaction and participation, however, they will have a more defined purpose. The classes are more challenging yet also more motivating because they are in-line with my future career goals, they are faster paced. I would also tell myself to “get ready” . . . get ready to start learning, get ready to start developing my social, interpersonal, and professional skills, get ready to contribute to academia—get ready to grow

I brag on my school mostly because of their flexible class schedules. I have a busy life yaking care of my family and Colorado State University-Pueablo allows me to take the classes I need, when it is more conveinent for me. They offer lunch hour, night and weekend classes which allows me to go to school full-time and take care of my family. I trust the acedemic programs and their available class schedules.

Kaitlyn

I would tell myself not to worry so much about college. It may seem scary at first because you are moving out and heading to a different city to become more of an adult. But there is no need to worry because I know you will make a lot of friends and study a lot and also learn a lot on the way. The teachers are not as scary as you thought they would be also they are actually very entertaining and know how to make you laugh. College is fun and a lot of people do not judge around here either they know college is a new experience and they are learning all sorts of new stuff also. So do not worry and relax because this a new beginning that will be full of adventures waiting to be found.

The best thing about my school is the fact that they always have entertaining stuff to do such as riding in helicopters or having a paint fight. They know how to keep a college student happy and never bored. There has not gone one day where you could not say there was nothing to do at school because everyday there is at least one thing available to do.

A person that knows how to have fun and learn at the same time. They like to make the classes as fun as possible. They try to have everyone as motivated as the next person. They also want everyone to learn and what better way not to learn then by making it fun.

kendrick

my classmates in one sentence are simply amazing and on another level.

my classmates in one sentence are simply amazing and on another level.

the best advice I could give myself would be too never stop hunting for scholarships and try to save up all the money I can for college because It's very difficult to attend college when you have little or no money at all.

I would say that there is nothing worst about my school. I am entirely happy and loving the experience I get from attending.

amber

The diversity of students on campus is truly unique here. It is amazing for me, especially comming from a very small town, to interact with students from all over the globe. I love learning about different cultures and I have made wonderful friendships with young adults from all over. It makes me so proud to see that no matter what the color of ones skin is, we all have an equal chance to succeed.

Attending college has not only helped me to grow academically but I have grown tremendously on an emotional level. Looking back to high school, I was a very positive, outgoing person but I never had the confidence to know that I am able to make a huge difference in the world. Within the two years I have attended college, I have had major life changes. My family no longer supports me because I choose to date an African American man. I have had to push through and support myself and know that I can make it. It has been the greatest challenge of my life to find the inner strenght to pursue my dreams and never give up faith. If I had the chance to talk to myself as a high school senior I was say that no matter where life takes a you remember to always have passion and faith. Those two attributes can take you to the moon and back! Hold your head high, never ever give up, and the sky is the limit!

I don't really find anything about CSU to be extremly frusterating. Pueblo is somewhat of a smaller city, so sometimes it is hard to find new expirences to conquer but the school does an amazing job at providing opportunities. I am proud to say that I attend CSU-Pueblo.

My classmates are awesome, unique individuals.

My classmates are awesome, unique individuals.

My campus experience is a collage of vivid encounters produced by belonging to an elite campus leadership program, opening a new campus organization and in employment by the university as an Orientation Leader. The President's Leadership Program is an academic leadership program sponsored by Colorado State University-Pueblo. They believe I can be a transformational leader who will serve Colorado and the community I live and work in. We join with local and state leaders in Colorado to resolve social issues. My class and I were so moved by the need of children living on the streets in our community, we made it our PLP junior class project about raising awareness of homeless youth in Pueblo. Just as an artist has many color selections to fill in their picture, the diversity of people I have met in college color my life. I have taken the opportunity to start a campus organization. Working with numerous resources of the Student Activities Office offered through the campus has helped me gather a group of multicultural and international friends bringing a fresh perspective on how beautiful different cultures are. Friendships I have found here have forever left a lasting impression on my heart.

My campus organization I started and the business school I attend is internationally accredited.

The fact that I am attending college and that I plan to transfer to a university next fall means a lot to me and to my family. I am the first one in my family to ever attend to college. I want to make my father proud of me, he wants me to get a good education as much as I want to. Unfortunately I don't have enough money to pay for my education expenses. But if there's something I got out of attending college; especially from my teachers; is that I have the academic potential to succeed at a University, and I don't want that to go to waste due to lack of resources.

Natalie

At the age of almost 27, I have just recently completed my Associate's Degree in Visual Communications at Pueblo Community College. I have worked in three restaurants as a manager, cook, server, bartender, and dishwasher in order to pay for a car, food, entertainment, and life as it comes. As a junior at Colorado State University-Pueblo this Spring 2011 semester, I am currently taking Mass Communications courses and will be a DJ at the local radio station, REV 89. I am excited to be on my way to completing my Bachelor's Degree and truly value my education. I hope to one day be able to work for Channel 5/30 as a Electronic Media minor and I am grateful to have the experience to work for the Center for New Media at Pueblo Community College two years ago. If I was to be awarded with scholarship earnings, it would eliminate stress related situations from the restaurant business so that I could put all my efforts and focus into class and studying.

The worst part of Colorado State University-Pueblo is having to take out student loans to survive financially. If more scholarship money was awarded to students that truly want to better themselves and their education, then students could just focus on their studies instead of having to worry about finding a part-time job. Colorado State University-Pueblo is what you make of it. If any student has a bad attitude towards the school then that will most likely be the feedback that they receive. I am happy to be in school and value my education as an adult.

The most frustrasting thing about Colorado State University-Pueblo is waiting for the library to be completed with it's construction. I feel that later on in this Spring 2011 semester, I will be able to study on campus more instead of going to the library across town. There is also construction at the Buell Communications center where most of my classes are held that is supposed to be completed later in the Spring. Once the campus is completed "re-modeled", I feel it will have a better atmosphere for studying.

Colorado State University-Pueblo administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.