Pueblo, CO
Colorado State University-Pueblo

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Colorado State University-Pueblo

Victoria

I first started at the University to fulfill my goals of becoming a doctor, and that is what I had always wanted to do with my life. I awoke to college this last year as a whole new academic world. There were no longer teachers, there were professors, there were no longer tests, rather, we took exams, however, the biggest difference was that all of my piers had a goal, just like I did. It was a whole different world from high school. Kids are required to attend high school, but the kids that knew what they wanted to do with their lives surrounded me at the university. Being around such people inspired me to work hard, and succeed in every class that I took. I was always a hard worker in high school, but in college, I had to find the motivation to work even harder, and the people the professors that surrounded me every day played a huge role in this motivation to excel.

The best thing is the professors. All of the professors show how much they care about their students and their education. They love to help their students, and will help in any way they possibly can. I can tell that they love to see students succeed.

The worst thing about my school would probably the lack of funding for all of the programs the school has to offer. The university has amazing programs and outstanding potential for more clubs and programs. However, I think with the proper funding Colorado State University-Pueblo could be outstanding!

Tene

CSU-Pueblo is best known for their business school, the Hasan School of Business. It is rated as one of the best in the nati...

CSU-Pueblo is best known for their business school, the Hasan School of Business. It is rated as one of the best in the nation.

While my college experince so far has only been a short one, so far I have grown personally and expanded my knowledge base considerablly. I have gained an insight about business management which is where my future lies which is valuable so that I know I am headed towards a career that I enjoy. I have grown with my relationships by meeting new people, working in diverse school groups and being taught by new people. Expanding my personal skills is important to me because being able to work in groups and communication are extremely important parts of my future. The majority of my college experience is yet to come, but based on how the firt semester has affected my life and I am more than confident that in the end my college education will be the most valuable investment I could ever make.

Really anyone could attend CSU-Pueblo. It is open to all sorts of students and I think everyone would feel at home.

Katherine

I enjoy the idea of advancing my lifestyle with the use of my education, none of my parents have recieved a four year college education. I am very greatful that God has given me the oppertunity to eccelerate in school and show my potiential to succeed. College is a learning experience that goes beyond just the books, but allows students to have the oppertunity to get a stability in order to achieve asperations in life and promote a competitive drive. I believe a college education separtes the future avaibility of a good and decent finacially stable lifestyle with a struggling lifesyle, especially with the American economy. Being that I am African-American, I must consider the fact the I will be judge negitively because of the stigmas of my ethnic soiological influnces, so it is critical that I persue my education so that I am not apart of the negitive statistics but an exception. In America the college experiece is a gift and a honorable achievment, I am highly blessed to experiece all the pro's and con's of college, and with that I will encourage everyone, especially African Americans to attend college and graduate.

I wish I had known the actual number percentage of students that graduate with good paying jobs, not many do after graduating. I had always known the literal school to be very beautiful and friendly but not really competitive as in sports and or the job market.

The kind of person that should attend this school should be not so competitive, and really only focus on just getting a four year degree in something in order to establish a good career in the future.

kourtney

What i have gotten from my college experience is the sense fo being an adult. When you go to college you do not have your parents holding your hand anymore it is time to make your own decisions. College for me has been amazing. I have done things that I never thought I could handle on my own, it has given me a sense of worth in this world. College has been valuable to me because it has shown me that i am capable of much more than i imagined, although some of it may be scary college has truly made me grow up and become a better person.

Kendra

I have recieved confidence in myself. I have gained the knowledge that I can accomplish something I once thought was bigger than me. I now have knowledge about things that I never knew I could learn. I always knew that there was a higher education out there and that I could never stop learning but so far in my college expirience, I have only wanted to learn more and more. It has been very valuable to me to attend college because I understand that the world is rapidly becoming more competative and that getting a higher education is the only way for me to keep up with it. I am the first to attend college in my family and I can finally prove to them that I can do something I put my mind to and I do struggle but through it all, I have become a stronger person and I have gained a certain knowlege about my life. I have become more mature as well because I have had to deal with all the bumps in the road and I understand mor about how the world works. If I hadn't attended, that might have taken longer.

There are a lot of good things about my school. There are always activities to get students involved with each other, the classes have a decent amount of people in each room considering the class and the teachers are helpful. There is so much support for the freshman and good feelings they recieve when first entering the campus. No one is rude and the atmosphere created on campus is one that makes a person feel comfortable and at home. I felt like this campus was home to me the first time I visited and it hasn't let me down.

The food isn't that great most days. The meat can be dry and just not taste that good. The dorms are so far away from where classes are held that it makes it not so appealing to go to class after a while. Other than those things the school is great.

I am an older student, now 30, but that has not kept me for having a great college experience. Yes, I did not focus as much as I should have when I went to school right after high school, but I did learn more about myself and became more of an independent person. As as older student my experience has been one of acceptance and motivation. I thought I was too old, but with all the support I get from the people I come in contact with, I know its never too late. The college experience is valuable obviously for educational advancement, and better opportunities, but also to discover who I was as an individual.

landon

a life long experience and memories that will carry me through life and halp me accomplish all my goals in life. i have gotten a second chance and a future for me and my famil, not to mention to be the first one in my family to go!

Janelle

I have a better understanding of the needs and learning abilities of elementary school students. I have learned many creative .ways to engage them into different areas of learning

The worst thing about my school is the lack of information about scholarships.

Kendall

I went to a local JC back in California before transfering here for teh nursing school. I can honestly say I have learned more about college and just what I need to do to be sucessful and what i need to know once i graduate in the first semester at CSUP than I did at the JC.

The location is what I talk about the most. Yes Pueblo is a small town if you have grown up in a large city, but we are located out away from the hustle so the campus seems quieter and has great views all around.

I am a student that transfered from California, trying to go to school there was a major headache. So far at csup i have not found anything that has been frustrating. If i have a problem or am struggling with something, there are a lot of places on campus to go get help. Along with getting help the teachers and staff really seem and feel like they want their students to succeed, and to walk away feeling they learned something creditable to the working world and not just school.

Colorado State University-Pueblo administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.