Colorado State University-Pueblo

« See more reviews of Colorado State University-Pueblo

I wish I would have understood the benefits of having a single room, the concept of room changes and the importance of classwork. Also, the grading system here is fair, but not challenging (at least to me). I got onto the Dean's List for having a GPA of 3.5 or higher, but I don't feel that I deserved it because I did not study as hard as I could have to really apply myself.

I wish I would have known more about elementary mathematics, I came from a district where math had a weak curriculum and that set me back a little in my semesters. Since I tutor writing/English, I see a lot of students with the same problem I had with math in English, so be sure to get the general education requirements taken care of quickly and early.

I wish that I had known more about the alternating classes that happen in the spring or the fall. As well as the classes that are only available in odd or even years. There wasn't much information about it when I started and kept changing to where it was difficult to plan classes and graduation.

I wish I had known the actual number percentage of students that graduate with good paying jobs, not many do after graduating. I had always known the literal school to be very beautiful and friendly but not really competitive as in sports and or the job market.

There are a lot of fantastic financial aid opportunities at this institution, I wish I had known about them and their deadlines so that I could have utilized them during my first year as a transfer student.

That there is little to no campus life; it is such a commuter school. It's not as bad as I thought it would be though. The academics are really challenging (well, in my major anyway).

I wish I would have known that the financial aid that I was receiving and the job that I am working while living at home, still do not cover all the expenses I need to cover.

How helpful and nice the staff and teachers are I would have come sooner. And I really like the way the classes are laid out.

I wish I had some kind of an idea how much more work I was going to have to do compared to high school.

I wish I would of known a certain amount of money you need to attend every year you go hear.