Colorado State University-Pueblo Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Colorado State University-Pueblo

Alexandra

Colorado State University-Pueblo is a very diverse University, but, we all come together to make a pack! There are so many different opportunities that are advertised all around campus and in a daily news e-mail. There are different clubs and athletic teams to join, there is always something that every student can be involved in. There are also many resources that the campus has for students that involve tutoring and help sessions, there are always tutors available for one-on-one help as well. Overall, CSU-P cares about their students and only wants the best experience for everyone.

Trinity

It is a good school that makes it very easy on achieving your academic goals and allows you the opportunity to expand on many different educational planes. It also gives you plenty of opportunities to get more involved with the school and community regularly.

Mersedes

I love it! The campus is a great experience for students who yearn for a small town, with a small amount of students. The surroundings are amazing, it's very simple to just sit down and study in the grass or next to a fountain if you wish. The students keep to themselves, but when you engage in conversation, they're the nicest humans you will ever come across. Sometimes big cities are just too much, and with Pueblo, which is considered a city, it feels like you're in a small village where everyone knows everyone, and it's very easy to make friends around town and at the campus, too.

Maritza

CSUP was my deal college even with its faults. I loved the small student population, the affordable tuition when compared to most Texas schools, and the view of the mountains from campus. I didn't like how Pueblo was such a small, no party town and that we had to drive to the Springs or Denver to have real night life fun.

Korrie

I chose the school because of the cost and nearby family. All of my professors have been nice though there are few that I wouldn't recommend their class. Honestly I think the school can be disorganized at times and I avoid the food at the dining all whenever I can. The new dorms are very nice and the off campus student housing is still close enough you can walk to campus. The nearest restaurant or store is pretty far away, so if you have a car bring it if you decide to live on campus.

Shantell

Its a nice small campus with room to grow and with very friendly people. Offers different types of housing for college students like apartments that we rent for 475 a month that includes utilities and everything. Professors are always available for help outside of office hours if there hours don't work for you by appoint.

Victoria

This university does a lot for its students such as providing events at least once every two weeks to keep them on-campus and connecting with their peers. It also has strong availability of teaching staff and tutors that are always ready to help. The tutors on campus are free and are the most friendly people around.

Really great atmosphere and really friendly on people. This campus is for someone who is looking for a small campus and to make a big impact on a small community. The community of Pueblo is very accepting of the college students and offer discounts for college students. Class sizes are kept to a minimum and is overall a great school.

Marcus

I would express Colorado State University Pueblo as a good, reasonable university. It would be a lot better if they didn't have a lot of construction going on. All of the work that is going on, I believe the university would be a lot better because freshmen wouldn't get too confused where certain buildings are because the construction is in the way. Besides that, the work and the classes are good and the professors help out all of the students in any and every way that they can. s

Gina

I think that it is a really good school. Some of the professors may very, the majority of the ones I have had are awesome. Make sure to use ratemyprofessor.com to double check on the ones you get becuase you never know the teaching style if you will like it or not. This school does not have an automated call system whenever you have a question about anything they will find you the person who handles that very promptly. Another good thing about tuition is that the longer your stay here for fall or spring semesters only the tuition will decrease. Summer sessions are awesome too check them out as well because they will help you graduate faster.

Kaylin

I am a freshman at Colorado State University of Pueblo and my experience so far has been very positive. The staff are very helpful and they care about helping students. The new additions on the school are very nice and make me smile when I realize the progress being made in Pueblo!

Ivy

CSU-P is a good school, as long as your intentions and focus is o n the education portion of the college life. CSU-P can be a boring college, especially since there are not a lot of clubs or activities to do, and the city of Pueblo is a small town with not much to do.

Ivy

Kathryn

Overall, CSU-Pueblo is a smaller university, with about 5000 students. Which I like the smaller environment. Class size is great. All the professors, faculty, and staff are wonderful. CSU-Pueblo is a great local school to attend. The campus is a decent size, you can walk anywhere and get there in less than 10 minutes.

Szymon

When people ask what college I go to, I am proud to say that I go to Colorado State University – Pueblo. I would not change it for another school. There are several students who would not dare coming to Colorado State University – Pueblo because of the stigma that the city has. However, Pueblo is a very fantastic city with an underrated charm. The art is fantastic. Wherever you look, you can see the history. If you took a moment to observe Pueblo, you would see that it is not as bad as people make it out to be. There are many bike trails, history, art installations and much more. If people ignored the negative stigma for a few minutes, they would see that Pueblo is a fabulous town. The city is not the only reason why I like this University. The programs and activities are amazing. For example, Colorado State University – Pueblo is one of the few colleges which offers the Mechatronics Engineering program. It also has one of the best Business programs out there. Our school is rated as one of the safest schools. Not only are the classes great, but the activities are as well. There are many opportunities that one can attend. As a freshman, I already have gone to many of the events to my school offers and I will be registering for some of their intramural sports next year (I did not register in time this year.) Some of the events that my school hosted were a virtual reality experience, a concert, a dinner that taught us about dinner etiquette, and so much more. The architecture also looks very elegant. Even the older buildings, look nice, but are transitioning to even nicer buildings. If you had the desire to, you can enjoy the rec center with all of its nice facilities. The exercise equipment all works well and is always kept clean. The campus also has its own disk golf course, which is very fun. The clubs cater to all likes. These range from video game/ anime clubs all the way to more intensive Engineering clubs. There is only one thing I dislike is the fact that almost every restroom has a different hand dryer. But this is really just an annoyance and I have pretty much accepted it and it hardly bothers me anymore.

Trenton

CSU-Pueblo is a great school that caters to student athletes, that's how I got there. Athletics are huge. With that being said I couldn't imagine being a typical student there because there's not a whole lot to do. As for academics, the smaller class sizes make it nice and you get to know most of your professors on more of a personal level. As for housing, they have great dorms but they force you to live on campus for two years and try to scam you out of every dollar. The campus looks pretty ugly but there are some newer additions and remodels. They did just get a new cafe, which was an improvement from what was there before but there still isnt enough variety that you end up getting sick of the food and having to find other options of eating outside of the meal plans.

Luz

It offers great opportunities for my major of choice and has great people that will help if you need it. I have had the pleasure of meeting great people that help me and give me their advice.

Trinity

It is overall a good school and has much to offer. It is also one of the cheaper accredited universitys in Colorado. The teachers are for the most part very helpful and very informative, you are sure to walk away with a lot of information. A pretty good choice of school.

Steven

CSU - Pueblo is a smaller school that has support from the entire Pueblo community. We take a lot of pride in our sports. I am on the football team there. We have won six straight conference championships, and one national championship. The class sizes are generally smaller unless you're taking a general education class, and the most people I've seen in a class is about 80. Overall Pueblo is a great place to get things started in your life, it has everything you could ever ask for when it comes to the things you NEED to succeed.

Mario

Colorado State University - Pueblo exists in a great, small town-esque community. The class sizes are great; the largest classes generally have >80 students, and it makes the professors much more easily accessible. There is always something happening on campus, whether it be a foreign language game night, a student art exhibit, or a simple pizza from the on-campus restaurant. Everyone is always happy to help, and when in doubt someone will always answer any questions you may have.

Makayla

The people and professors are great. There are lots of ways to get involved on campus, I just wish students got more involved. There are also lots of resources to use on campus, students just need to be better informed about them. Class sizes and campus size is great if you like a smaller, tighter community. You won't be just a number here.

Alicia

There are somethings that can definitely be improved here at CSU-Pueblo but you can tell that change is happening. The main thing that needs to be worked on is housing but otherwise that this campus is very hands on and very supportive. They are always wanting students to get involved and have a great experience.

Rya

The campus has a great vibe, and even the bad teachers are pretty alright. The class sizes are small and its overall a great learning environment. The Dorms are pretty nice and a 5 minute walk from where classes are held. The food isn't great, but it is buffet style, which makes it easy to find something for everybody.

Ana

I really enjoyed myself at this University. I loved all my professors. They were all amazing! I never met so many dedicated individuals. There are many clubs and activities to partake in. My favorite part of attending was being offered foundation scholarships and leaving my undergrad without debt. Ask for Sandy Lundahl in the CSU-P Scholarship foundation office if you decide to go to CSU-Pueblo!

Giovonna

Colorado State University-Pueblo, is an ideal school for students who are looking for small class sizes and friendly campus staff. The school however in all of its might, often over looks many students and issues to the point where staff has covered up issues in order to cover themselves. You have to stay on top of your Academic Advisers and make sure they don't steam roll all over you and force you to take classes you either do not need or do not want to take. If you want real help deciding classes to take best bet is to go straight to a trusted professor. Just look out for yourself and don't jeopardize your happiness for anything.

My overall opinion of CSU Pueblo is that there is definitely room for improvement. They could be better in Residence Life and Housing because of the rule to make people stay on campus for two years and they also claim that they have to do that to help people graduate but from my knowledge a lot of people have left because of this issue. I would say that they could review these policies in order to address student happiness.

Cody

Great school! Close to home but still get all the big college experiences. I can still live at home and get all my college needs.My professors are willing to help whenever needed. Class sizes are small and can still be individualized for each students needs.

Mariyah

My overall opinion of Colorado State University-Pueblo is that it was a great choice for me. My major is nursing and CSU-P is known for having a great nursing program and I plan on continuing my education here. The campus is not too big for me and I have never felt unsafe during anytime of the day. Another great thing is that it is only 2 hours away, so it won't be too much of a hassle if I ever get homesick. There aren't too many things to distract me from my education as well, so that was a plus. Overall CSU-P is a great school and a great experience.

Owen

I love everything thing about CSU- PUEBLO due to the fact this college has a lot of people who are determined to make the world a better place. I currently participate in both all my acadmeics and the football program at this univeristy and i can gladly say that we are a very competive school when it comes to sports. I LOVE everything about CSU-pueblo. !!!

Ilura

I think that Colorado State University-Pueblo is a wonderful school filled with students and professors who are dedicated and committed to the school and education. The campus itself is nicely sized, not too big and not too small, and it is easy to find your way around. The extra curricular activities are always fun and so are the sports. Overall, I really enjoy being a Thunderwolf, go CSU!

Erin

CSU Pueblo is a great school . It has a beautiful campus with friendly people. The staff could be better and work on their social skills but the professors have been great so far. They have helped me a lot and I like some of their techniques. The university is simple to find and the dorms are nice. RAs are fun and jolly and there's always something to do outside of class time.

Alexandrea

I love the university and all that comes wth enrollment! There is always a fun entertaining opportunity to do around campus, the events are centered around all the students and to make them enjoy the college life. The courses and professors are always interesting and all definitely care about each and every student, and what is best for them. The campus is not too small, but not too big either, giving students the ability to get around and manage quickly and efficiently!

Yasmine

Coming into Colorado State University Pueblo, I was a little skeptical. Now i no longer feel that way. I like it here and my teammates have a lot to do with that. It is nothing like what people tried to warn me with for example: it is trash, it is unsafe, there is nothing to do. Pueblo is a smaller place, yes, but my friends and I always find something to do, and there are plenty of food and shopping options all within 10 minutes of campus. I found nothing super unsafe about Pueblo, campus even has police that can escort you to your car if you feel unsafe for any reason. The campus is pretty nice and not huge, so walking to class isn't torture and it is continually being worked on.

Justin

I greatly enjoy the experience I have had so far at this University. This is the first university I have attended but the staff are always there when you need something. Also the nursing program staff are very helpful and all make you feel like they want you to succeed! It makes it a nice place to be studying to reach the next step in my academic and physical career! I would recommend this campus to any other people who are looking to enter the Nursing field!

Tracy

Attending college at Colorado State University-Pueblo was one of the best experiences of my life. I have memories that will last for a life-time and friends that I still keep in contact with; fifteen years later. The classes that I took were challenging but the professors were always available to assist. CSU-P is not huge in size, so for a small town girl like myself; this was appealing. I did have some large classes but the majority had less than 25 students. I feel like CSU-P provided me with a strong educational foundation. This is the school where I learned to be independent, organized, and structured. This is my Alma Mater and I'm proud to say so!

Madison

The school is a very good school to attend and the people that go here are extremely nice! The academics and athletics are all great as well, there are lots of opportunities to go out of your comfort zone. There are a few things that could be improved but overall I love my school!

Tami

This is a great school! Our nursing program was recently upgraded to a school of nursing, and we are actively working to add a Doctorate of Nursing Practice degree. The transfer office is very helpful, and gives great direction. My professors and peers are some of the greatest people I have ever met.

Miranda

I think that Colorado State University-Pueblo is a great school with a great community. Because of the small class sizes it is easier for me to learn and is not overwhelming. I have met a lot of great people here and I have gotten many opportunities to network with professional staff and faculty.

Tricia

I love this school so much but I feel like they are always trying to get as much money out of us as possible. Yes, the school throws cool events but when it comes to things that we want to pay for, the price always seems high. I love the campus and the community here at CSU-Pueblo as well as the sports and marching band programs.

Amber

I think their tuition rate is reasonable and I enjoyed the online environment. All of my instructors had office hours that made them accessible to their students everyday. I enjoyed the fact that I could interact with other students outside of the classroom and somehow create comradery even though we were online.

Abigail

I love being able to study and learn at CSU-Pueblo! Being a part of one of the top ranked nursing programs in the nation makes me fell like I am really going to be successful in my future. All of my professor are extremely helpful and are available and wanting to help whenever possible. The class sizes are not overwhelming, and they are big enough that I don't feel like I am on the spot. Everything I learn in my classes is applicable to the real world and helps me with reaching my future goals and dreams. I love being a thunderwolf!

Jo-el

I think it's a great university. I like that they provide opportunities to engage in research and that offer free tutoring for students who have a little trouble understanding certain subjects such as, biology, chemistry, physics, math, and English.

aundrea

ive been to Colorado state university of pueblo i enjoyed the experience housing has great view and is very spacious. the campus is beautiful and the food from the cafeteria was pretty good. when i visited and i do plan on going there next year the staff was pretty friendly and helpful with my process.

Tishara

The campus size of CSUP is about just right! Even thought the campus is growing many of the classrooms are close by, I hope more people come by to check out the university. Many of the friends live off campus but I've heard that the residency halls are very comfortable. Many of there events are inclusive and super fun to attend!

Nicolette

It is overall a great school for any major you plan to be a part of. We have a great nursing school which is expanding over the pass year and more student plan to come to Colorado State University- Pueblo for it. Colorado State University- Pueblo is a great size campus with different food shop around the college and also located in the college. Colorado State University- Pueblo has successful game turnouts of students and people from the community. Colorado State University- Pueblo is a college close to home where students feel safe and can get help from anyone on campus. Colorado State University- Pueblo is home to the thunder wolves and is home to many students, alumni and so many others.

Keaunahrai

My first year advising was terrible. In one semester I had 4 different advisers who all told me different things and ultimately put me a semester behind in classes. To try and fix this problem I signed up for summer courses that ended up cancelled without warning so it was too late to try and take any other courses. Overall the community and environment is great but there is a major lack of communication which unfortunately results in figuring out a lot of stuff on your own.

Erin

My opinion is that the school is good for some people but it doesn’t feel like much of a college experience. I feel as though I’m missing out of the social aspect. The classes are generally great though and the dorms are very nice. The small class sizes are great because every professor knows you if you want them to and are very caring and want their students to succeed.

Monique

I think it has an awesome nursing program and overall great community culture. I feel like I can easily connect with students and staff. They have made me feel included and offer so many classes. i love campus and easily find my way around. Every person I have come in contact with has been so inviting and welcoming.

Faith

I love it here! The campus is awesome, it's beautiful here and the size is just right. There are lots of activities to join in and the school spirit for sporting events is a lot of fun too. The dorm rooms are spacious, clean, and I feel very safe when I am on campus.