North Kansas City, MO
Colorado Technical University-Kansas City

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Colorado Technical University-Kansas City

Kathryn

When I was a high school senior, I had no encouragement or help with my life. In fact, I brought myself up since I was six years old. So, I never had anyone tell me about college, preparing for the future, growing up or anything like that. So, I would sit myself down, and tell myself to go to college, and make something of myself. I would encourage myself to do the best I could to find meaning for my life in a way that would be pleasing to God. That is what I would I would do and say.

I like some of the teachers. They are nice and respectful and for the most part always promptly answer your emails, and will do all they can to take time with you when you need it. Some of them are not like that, but most of my teachers have been okay with me.

To sit in a classroom where the teacher and students use foul language, which offends me, and the administration does nothing about it!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, it would be even before I was a high school senior, but I would tell myself to stay away from partying and dating because there will be time to celebrate later, when that diploma is in my hand. I would tell myself to focus on my studies and work hard and stay in school and graduate from college. I would tell myself to find a mentor and a group of friends who were focused on their education so that I could surround myself with wisdom and support. I would tell myself to sit down and really talk to my parents about what my goals are in life so that they could understand more of where I was trying to go in life, so they could have helped me down the right path. I would tell myself that it's okay to ask for help and don't be scared to try new things and push myself further. I would tell myself to talk to my high school counselor instead of being afraid to "bug" her. Finally. I would tell myself, don't give up. Ever.

This school is for anyone, but I definitely think it is for me. The classes are short term, and allow me to go 1-2 nights a week, which for me is crucial because I work a full time job, am married, with a baby. I want to finish school as soon as possible, but still get the best education. They also have online classes if I can't go a session on the ground campus. They have multiple degree offerings and the price of school is comparable to other schools.

I really can't think of too much frustrating about this school, except for the fact I wish it was even closer to me than it is, but that's being really petty.

Anthony

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself one thing; don't loose focus on what's important. I think the major thing that plagues kids coming out of high school and going into college for the first time is they loose focus on what is important in their life. They get to wrapped up in things like, what their parents want out of them, or what the proffessors would want out of them. Then there are those that loose the focus and think that they can party their way though high school and college. These are things I have seen time and time again from thousands of college students. I think that if you keep your mind focused then it makes the college expirience that much easier. I do believe that taking time for yourself is important too, although I think that sometimes there are students who take that to far.

The courses demand a lot out of you. If you are not driven and focused it is very easy to get behind. CTU is an accelarated learning school and the terms are only 11 weeks long. So if you miss one class it is very easy to fall behind

The classes are very in depth. You will learn more information than you thought was possible when you come to CTU. The teachers and advisors are also very pesonable and easy to approach. Anytime you have ANY issue they will help you resolve it. Also the students here are very driven in their work and happy to help with whatever way they can.

Colorado Technical University-Kansas City administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.