Columbia College-Columbia, MO Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Columbia College-Columbia, MO

Courtney

Columbia College was able to trick most of their student into enrolling into the college. We were told everything we wanted to hear, and then after finishing my first year there it wasn't what I was told. Campus life wasn't great at all, no one was on campus, there weren't any activity's on campus, it felt like I was the only one there. The meals were the same every week, there wasn't anything to look forward to. There weren't any sororities, and that really made the enrollment rate drop. But overall their academics are great.

Haylee

Columbia College is an amazing school. It is a little gem hidden in Columbia, Missouri and is often overshadowed by Mizzou’s large campus. But bigger is not always better. Take class size, for instance. The largest class I have this semester seats around thirty students. By the second week of the semester the professors know me by name. It is a comfortable environment and it truly does feel like a second home to me. It is kept impeccably clean and I have never felt unsafe on campus, no matter the time. I would recommend this school to anyone because it is the best of both worlds. You can enjoy the smaller class sizes while still living in downtown Columbia and enjoying the night life the city has to offer.

Jenna

It is an exceptional college and I love going to it. When I have questions there is always available opportunity to find solutions. The professors in my college are very open to access and assist students so we learn every available detail fully. Small enough to feel like home but large enough to give more opportunities than I can do.

Jackie

They suck you in and you are stuck. Looking to transfer, felt as though I was not able to be myself. Awful location, can not walk anywhere. The food is okay but not great. The school tries so hard to be a university but it isn't. All women's college so that is also something you have to be used to.

Nikki

I love it here at Columbia College. The professors here are passionate about what they teach and it definitely shows in our learning. The campus size here is small enough that we don't get lost, but big enough that we don't bump into each other all the time. Everyone here is so friendly and personable, it's very refreshing.

Zachary

Columbia College is absolutely amazing! From the moment that I stepped on campus, I felt like I was a part of the Cougar family that thrives on campus. Everyone is extremely nice and the faculty truly cares about the education of their students. I would highly recommend​ that you come to Columbia College!

Marie

Attending Columbia College has been a very comfortable and enjoyable experience. The campus is beautiful, the class sizes are small and friendly and the teachers make themselves very available for students. Columbia, Missouri has a great community and downtown life. The arts community is expanse, and there are many opportunities for free art residencies and support in one's work. However, I do feel that Columbia, College is fairly small and though there are great travel abroad programs (scholarship opportunities included) the campus can feel almost too sheltered at times. I feel that Columbia College is a great place to start off, but if you're looking for a place that will alter your life perception forever this is probably not the campus you want to complete a full undergrad and graduate degree at.

Ronald

Good school very demanding favor military.

Tiffany

It’s a very affordable college that works hard to make a career plan specific to you.

Camryn

I have been accepted into Columbia College, and hope to attend for Fall 2018. When I visited the campus back in February, I absolutely loved it!! The campus was beautiful; it had nice dorm rooms, great food, well-kept classrooms and facilities, and it was a safe campus too! I felt excited walking around campus, and that I would love to be here for the next four years of my life.

Jolivette

While I have visited the campus on a number of occasions, I'm an online student so my experience may not be typical of the in-seat experience. Columbia College is an awesome place to learn. The instructors are always available and they make learning challenging and rewarding. I'm glad I chose Columbia College for my educational career.

William

Columbia College has a great campus and academic atmosphere. The town itself is a typical college town. However, with that being said if you are willing to explore the outlying areas you can find a more mature scene. I'm new to the area so it is refreshing to be in a city that is roomy yet convenient.

Ivana

Columbia College is a small school located next to a huge university. Students at Columbia receive the best of both worlds. The academics are strong and professors are always available. There is not much to do outside of the classroom especially at night. So it is nice to have the University of Missouri right there.

jodi

my overall opinion of Columbia College is that it is a very great school. The social atmosphere leaves a little to be desired, but you can not beat the academics that this school has to offer! The small classes allow for professors to be one on one with all students. They get to know you on a personal level and help you out in any way possible. The school has so many people wanting to help you succeed and get a job upon graduation. They work with you every year, every step of the way to make sure that you get the best out of the school and your experience there.

Caleb

Columbia caters to veterans and non-traditional students, evening attendees, etc. There is not a great number of traditional students, on-campus housing, or "normal" college affairs. There's also no Greek life or alcohol allowed on campus and everything is kept very professional. They are very good at working with students' schedules, making themselves available to students, and helping you navigate college life. While the academics could certainly be better and the facilities aren't the greatest, I'm overall pleased with my time here and it is incredibly affordable.

eura

I believe that the staff here at Columbia college are truly dedicated to each and every student. They want us all to succeed in any and everything we do. The class sizes are perfect especially for discussions, and also so the professor can get to know students better. Campus isn't huge so it is very easy and convenient for students get around and be on time to class. Unfortunately we don't have a football team which I don't like personally, but there are other sports to go out and watch. All of the sports games are completely free for students to get into. Campus safety is a plus for me and the campus is very safe, but if I never felt safe I could always ask campus security to escort me. Overall this is a really great school with many activities, academics and fun.

Hope

This school is so under rated and is an excellent option for higher education in South Carolina. I was extremely pleased by the many offerings both academically and at the extra curicular level. The campus is clean and well thought out, and their programs are made with the students in mind. I am so excited to attend Columbia College in the fall, with the help of scholarships from UNIGO!!!

Maximillan

I'm an online student and completing my degree while in the United States Navy. The student advisors are the best part of the Columbia College experience. They are always available and offer some of the best help/ support I've seen. The academic side of the house is a bit drawn out and I've been frustrated in the amount of 300-400 level courses I'm required to take in order to achieve my degree. I only have a few actual English courses left to go, but the random courses I've taken weigh on my experience. I've taken everything from Environmental Ethics to courses on Addiction. The subject matter is interesting, don't get me wrong, but I enrolled in order to get a major in English. My time and money are important to me, just as they are to everyone else, I've sometimes regretted not switching schools in order to avoid this, but not all my credits would have transfered. Overal I enjoy the school, and the teachers are great. Oh, one more thing, I HATE Proctor U.

Rhaje

Love everything about this school. Teachers for both classes are awesome and love the kids. The owners, Mahdi and Sameer couln't be nicer, more responsible and more dedicated. We have had our oldest son in two other pre-schools in the South Loop and nothing compares to this experience. It is by far the best selection we have made and both of our kids love going to school every day. They learn to respect others, to take care of their world and the environment plus they learn thru experiences and great montessori tools. One of the best parts is that it has its own playground, which is almost impossible to find in the city.

Fallon

You generally feel like you are part of a community. Instead of being just a number you're a person that everyone cares about. The environment is extremely pleasant to be in. You have classes that are pretty small that tend to lead to mostly discussion lead classes and then you have the bigger general education classes that you're still able to have conversations but also with a lecture. It's a great mixture of both.

Trevor

The facilities are well kept, great sport atmosphere, like the class sizes, dorms are kept pretty decent, always seems like there is something to do, great location near downtown Columbia. Met the track coach with a few other athletes, very nice and well spoken, answered all the questions that I had and I was satisfied with answers that I got. With few times that I have visited, I have no complaints, enjoyed every second of my visits and the advisors are so helpful if you need anything help or have any questions. Overall I am very excited to attend in the fall and look forward to all the years that are to come with Columbia College.

Niki

Columbia college is a great school for individuals across the country. With their many satellite schools and online course options, there is a lot of flexibility for those looking to finish their degree. While it would be nice if they offered a Psychology Master's program, it did not deter me from choosing the school for my Bachelor's.