Columbia College-Columbia, SC Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Columbia College-Columbia, SC

Sidney

I felt like I was home

rachel

Liberal students, professors that care for most part, average food and housing. The academics are good, awesome honors program, friendly staff, and small class sizes are a plus. However, it feels like you're missing a part of the college experience with the absence of party culture, sports, and sororities.

Temiloluwa

It is a good small women's college. It is expensive for an international student like me. There is good contact between professors and students. Off campus housing is not so good as the school does not have apartments available around. Our choices as students are narrowed down a lot and sometimes we are not giving much options( in terms of living off campus, having a meal plan, e.t.c) which could be difficult for a student.

Summerlyn

I just finished my first year and I cannot wait to get back in the fall. I love the school and the class sizes along with all of the extra activities offered on campus. The week before finals is always exciting because there are different activities planned for students to take a break and have some fun.

Olivia

Love it! Established school with great reputation. The college is located in a historic area of Columbia, and it has been around for a long time. It is an all girl's school but men can attend night classes and online. It is well protected by campus police, and the professors actually have years of work experience in the areas that they teach!

Alleah

Columbia College SC is a great school for students interested in attending a small school where everybody knows everybody. It has small class sizes, a lot of great community service and extracurricular activities opportunities. And overall if you are interested in be involved, there is always something for you to do .

Beverly

I've really enjoyed attending Columbia College. The professors are knowledgeable and very helpful. The students are friendly and helpful as well. I should finish my degree by the end of this year, so my personal life is on the back burner while I concentrate on earning my degree. I am a full-time student and have a lot of work, but the work I am doing is relevant to my full-time job, so it has already helped me professionally. I would recommend Columbia College to anyone and everyone!

Linda

This isn't the first school I've attempted to go to in my adult life. It is, however, the only one that provides a quality education. Even though my classes are online, I am still challenged. I feel like instructors actually read and assess assignments fairly and thoroughly. The instructors are always available if a need arises and they are willing to work with you to find a solution.

Columbia College is an all-women's private liberal arts school located off North Main Street in the capitol city of South Carolina. This school features a wide-variety of interesting majors from dance to biology. Columbia College is dedicated to shaping their girls into competent and confident women of the future. However, don't let the words "women's college" fool you fellas. The evening college is open to both men and women of all shapes and sizes, with many of the same programs offered to the women's college. It is a lovely little campus, tucked away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Columbia, with a warm and inviting community. You will never meet a stranger when you are on this campus. The professors are dedicated to molding and shaping the students into the best possible selves they can be, and are always a phone call or e-mail away. This college will have you motivated to be all you can be, and will help you get there too!

Dorri

They teach us to have a Can-do attitude, capable, caring, cerebral, good with children, class clown, community service oriented, compassionate, competent, concerned about others, confident, conscientious, considerate, courageous, creative, curious ...

Haley

Even though i am not a student, when I visited Columbia College everybody was very welcoming. Everything about the tour was amazing. The classrooms were just the right size. Everything was in walking distance. The cafeteria was so good. Not only did they tell me about the history of the school they even ask questions along the way. I even got to meet some of the staff members. They were super nice. When people asked my how I felt about Columbia College I would say, “I felt at home.”

Cierra

Columbia College is an amazing institution. There are so many opportunities on our campus and it motivates the students to do better. I have learned not only in the classroom, but I have learned about life. Columbia College ensures that when you enter the world that you are prepared. Nonetheless, like every institution, Columbia College is not perfect but, I wouldn't choose any other college to attend.

Skylar

I love Columbia College. I always wanted to go there since I was in 9th grade. I really enjoyed visiting Columbia College. From the moment I walked on campus, I felt welcomed and inspired. Columbia College is filled with people who love and care about you and everyone believes in you here. This is a school where you will feel like home.

Nakiah

My visit was very welcoming. I felt safe while in the hands of my tour guide and I would definitely recommend this school to my friends. I absolutely loved the kind students that welcomed me and made me feel extremely comfortable to be there and to be visiting. I absolutely love this incredible college.

khailen

Columbia College is a private institution

Tia

I loved my time at Columbia College, the experience, the family oriented environment and focus on academics were amazing. Columbia College provides incoming students and freshman with the ability to fellowship with other students and teachers in order to prepare them for college life and make it less overwhelming. The college is a well known all girls Methodist school, that provides great culture and comradery amongst the students and teachers alike. The small class sizes ensures that the focus is always on the students needs and that each student is known by their teacher, and not just a seat filler or number. I would recommend Columbia College to all young and older ladies who are looking into colleges and even men (men are able to attend at night), it will be one of the best decisions made in life and for their career.