Columbia Gorge Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Columbia Gorge Community College

Julianna

Columbia Gorge Community College is a great place to start out your freshman year of college. I have had a great experience at the college my first term and I can not wait to come back next term. Most of the professors are really helpful, although there is a few that have not been so helpful. Again, I can not wait to come back next term.

Ashelyn

Overall, CGCC is a great place to go for those that want to get their first 2 years of general classes out of the way. The teachers are always available in one format or another, there is a great diversity in the class demographics providing a wide range of experiences, and the facilities are well maintained.

Maylynn

Overall the Columbia Gorge Community College is a good facility to start out. Especially if you're unable to move due to fiances, it has a good transfer program. It's a nice campus but with it being in such a small town it doesn't offer as much extracurricular activities as other colleges do. Also it has a great staff and advisers that help you every step of the way!

tricia

I think that it is a wonderful college to start off with before going to a university. It is located in beautiful Hood river/ The Dalles Oregon and the teachers are amazing. I have attended this college two different times now, and it has gotten me on the right path towards my career goals and degrees

Cameron

I am very happy with my college! I think it's a good college with caring teachers and councilors. The school is very small and resides in a small town. There are both pros and cons to this. The Dalles is not a "college" town - it's a lot calmer and more family-oriented. So there isn't much partying, drinking, or drugs around. The classes are also much smaller, which allows for more of a community feeling and more one-on-one time with the teachers. This is incredibly important to me and one of my favorite things about the school. Unfortunately, it also means the school does not have a huge budget and there are areas that could be improved. Clubs and extracurricular activities, for example. There is also not much to do around town, which can be a bummer for students. You have to drive about twenty minutes to Hood River to find more opportunities and fun things to do. The online courses are done through a program called "Moodle" which has room for improvement, as well. It can be difficult to navigate and takes time to learn the ropes. Some of my friends who attend CGCC have told me they've had difficulty with some of the online teachers, too, though I've never had any negative experiences with anyone, personally! In my review, I gave the on-campus housing just 1 star, but this is because there is no on-campus housing! I would love it if there were. But this coincides with the town being so small. There's really no reason for on-campus housing when the school is small and there aren't a huge amount of students attending in the first place. Overall, I think it's a wonderful school, especially for your first few years of college. It's a calm and relaxed environment with nice teachers. The classes are also not very expensive, so it's a good path to take to get your general studies/Associate Degree out of the way for cheap. I'm very happy to have attended CGCC and recommend it completely to new students.