Hudson, NY
Columbia-Greene Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Columbia-Greene Community College

My opinion of CGCC is very high, and I'm not just saying that. The staff are absolutely amazing and they do so much to make sure we all succeed and help us find and take advantage of opportunities. My academic adviser Bill Matthews is an amazing human being and has done so much personally for me and even my family, I wouldn't be where I am right now without him. The on site nurse is also a wonderful person, she legit came over and hugged me Thursday just cause. The amount of great people is overwhelming, and the CGCC student body is so involved in our twin counties, blood drives, food donations, donations for those who can't afford not only their own necessities but those of their pets. There's always some sort of fundraiser happening, huge resources for veterans, and when disaster strikes the students of CGCC band together and get what needs to be done, done. I am a proud student of my school, and I'm really glad i decided to go here.

Jason

It is a well maintained highly functional institution. The faculty and administration staff are well trained and great at their jobs. Columbia-Greene has been great with digital media and new-web technologies that support student growth and offer experience integrating with these tools in our work. I feel very luck to be an adult-non-traditional student at this college!

Allison

Though I did receive my bachelors in English Literature from SUNY New Paltz, it was here, in the relaxed, home-like, and incredibly helpful atmosphere of Columbia-Greene Community College, that I was able to get a glimpse of my artistic talents and academic abilities to their true extent. CGCC has been an amzing safe haven where I was able to clean up my GPA and experience my true level of intelligence and gratifying desire to learn. The college has enabled me to raise my GPA from a 2.5 to a 3.0. I am so incredibly proud of this, however I wish it showed how I also went from a sometimes F student at SUNY New Paltz, to an always A+ student at CGCC. I came to this college to quickly check off some prerequisites for a program at another college, like running to the store for milk at 10pm. But, instead, it has been an entirely transforming experience I was not expecting.

Morgan

At Columbia-Greene Community College, the total student enrollment is only around 2,000 so class sizes are kept relatively small. It is nice to be able to get to know your teachers and fellow classmates. You always feel like a person, never a number. Columbia-Greene Community College has provided me with an excellent start to my college career, and it has acted as a stepping stone for me to be able to pursue a degree while saving money.

As a high school senior, I was very nervous about college. I had always known that I wanted to attend college, but I never really knew what career I wanted to pursue. College is expensive, so I did not want to spend tens of thousands of dollars per year just taking random classes. If I could go back, I would tell myself not to worry so much. There are plenty of people who do not know right away what they want to study. I would tell myself to take that three-page list of potential career options I had compiled and find people who actually work in those fields to shadow or ask questions. I would tell myself to just learn and explore, and that it is okay not to know at eighteen years old what I want to do for the rest of my life. I would tell myself that there is no rush, and that the best thing to do is just take my time, learn as much as I can, and enjoy the journey.

Anyone who knows that they want to attend college but might not be sure as to what they want to major in should consider this school. A variety of classes is offered, so it is possible to explore your options. I began my freshman year in Individual Studies, because I had not yet decided what career I wanted to pursue. Now that I have had the opportunity to take several different kinds of classes, I know what I want to do and am ready to transfer to a four-year school.

Faith

Going back in time for myself would mean a whole lot of changes in my life. I dont believe that I can say that I would change the college I have chose to further my career. I have really enjoyed being right where I am as well as the career choice to become a Nurse. I think the only advice that I could have given myself is to really live up the experience of being at college. Its hard not to be shy when you are in a new environment. If people would just put themselves out there a little more they would find that most of the time judgments aren't being made on what they can't do but what they can. Being envolved enhances lifes experiences no matter what kind of envolvment it is. Live life to the fullest and work as hard as you can so that your ending has made YOU proud. This is my advice to myself.

The worst thing about CGCC that I can think of is the cafeteria. Even though the people that work inside it are wonderful, the food has a long way to go. I feel as though as hard working students we should be offered a better tasting and quality of food in the one place we spend most of our time.

When it comes to CGCC I really like that it is a small school. I find comfort in being able to find people at my own convienence. I also find comfort in knowing that the education that I am being offered is just as great of any other education that would be offered in a larger school for a smaller price. CGCC offers not only a high quality sense of education but a sense of diversity, culture, and family. Every corner that is turned you will see someone who is willing to help you in any way needed.

Columbia-Greene Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.