Columbia-Greene Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Columbia-Greene Community College

Allison

Though I did receive my bachelors in English Literature from SUNY New Paltz, it was here, in the relaxed, home-like, and incredibly helpful atmosphere of Columbia-Greene Community College, that I was able to get a glimpse of my artistic talents and academic abilities to their true extent. CGCC has been an amzing safe haven where I was able to clean up my GPA and experience my true level of intelligence and gratifying desire to learn. The college has enabled me to raise my GPA from a 2.5 to a 3.0. I am so incredibly proud of this, however I wish it showed how I also went from a sometimes F student at SUNY New Paltz, to an always A+ student at CGCC. I came to this college to quickly check off some prerequisites for a program at another college, like running to the store for milk at 10pm. But, instead, it has been an entirely transforming experience I was not expecting.

Jason

It is a well maintained highly functional institution. The faculty and administration staff are well trained and great at their jobs. Columbia-Greene has been great with digital media and new-web technologies that support student growth and offer experience integrating with these tools in our work. I feel very luck to be an adult-non-traditional student at this college!

My opinion of CGCC is very high, and I'm not just saying that. The staff are absolutely amazing and they do so much to make sure we all succeed and help us find and take advantage of opportunities. My academic adviser Bill Matthews is an amazing human being and has done so much personally for me and even my family, I wouldn't be where I am right now without him. The on site nurse is also a wonderful person, she legit came over and hugged me Thursday just cause. The amount of great people is overwhelming, and the CGCC student body is so involved in our twin counties, blood drives, food donations, donations for those who can't afford not only their own necessities but those of their pets. There's always some sort of fundraiser happening, huge resources for veterans, and when disaster strikes the students of CGCC band together and get what needs to be done, done. I am a proud student of my school, and I'm really glad i decided to go here.