Columbia, SC
Columbia International University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Columbia International University

Julie

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself not to consider any other school but CIU. I would tell myself that grades really are important and that I need to learn how to open up and trust people. College will run much smoother if I learn to let people in , instead of keeping everyone out. Also, studying in college is important, so learn how to do that before I desperately need it.

I wish I had known how much this school would impact my life. Even though they haven't really helped out with scholarships, I love the people and the environment. This school is truly a blessing.

I love my school very much, but the worst thing about my school is that they don't really help out missionary kids. My parents have spent their lives trying to impact the world, and I want to do the same thing. Unfortunetly, my school is super expensive, and even more so for those of us who come from poor families. My school does almost nothing to help us out, they do more for those whose parents attended.

Intercultural Studies program, and double major

Intercultural Studies program, and double major

Start saving your money...NOW. Learn how to manage your time, it is SO important. Having a good study habit is the key to good grades.

Someone whose life is committed to serving Jesus Christ.

Rebecca

In just one semester, Columbia International University has drastically changed my life. My entire college experience in general has been phenomenal! College has helped me improve who I am, and to begin making healthy habits for life. Also, my mind has been challenged, which enables me to think beyond the box. It has been so valuable attending college, because it is a great way to begin taking my first steps into being on my own in the world. The friendships I have made are so valuable, and the education I am getting will not just help me get a job like everyone else, but it will help me as I set out to change the world.

Absolutely any person who wishes to know the Lord and to make Him known to others should come to this school. This school is on fire for Christ, and God is working in this school. If you have a passion to know Him and to make Him known (to impact the nations with Christ) then this is the school for you!

A person who does not have a heart for God and a heart for the world should not go to this school. Anyone who is going to slack off or not really care about what they are learning should certainly not attend this school either.

Mary

What I have gotten out of my college experience has been immeasurable. As a senior adult student who was severely depressed and on disability it was theraputic to attend school. The whole experience has been invaluable and I do believe, saved my life. I've not only expanded my horizons academically, I am learning new job skills, new social skills, new coping skills, I've made new friends, re-established confidence and self-esteem. I now feel that I can contribute to the world and make a difference. Attending my college has been a healing and educational experience for me.

Daniel

The most valuable lesson I have learned attending college and being around academia is that: Now I know that I don't know. Once a person (especially a young person) has admitted this simple truth to themselves they are open to learn about any new viewpoint, idea and concept. One does not have to embrace all the new material they have learned as correct, but it will never hurt someone to get a new viewpoint, after all, the world is only what we perceive it to be.

CIU's worst flaw is that some a small percentage of the professors are too old to teach. While most of the professors are top notch, there are a select few who teach core classes that are close to 90 years old and will repeat themselves and give strange tests about material that was not covered in class.

The kind of person who should not attend CIU is someone who thinks that life is all about them. The reason being is that people who are out to serve themselves will not be open to learn in an enverionment like CIU.

Brianna

Columbia International University is a small Bible School committed to training up Christians in the Bible, to creating a strong and friendly community of believers, and to providing an exceptional faculty to facilitate a remarkable college experience.

Not only have I learned valuable skills for my intended major and carreer, but I have learned incredible life lessons from the people around me. Coming from living in my own quiet room, I have learned the value of living with other girls in a dorm - women who can keep me accountable as well as help shape and mold who I am. I hav come to value the wise mentors who I call my professors. These honorable instructors teach more than what is on the syllabus; they impart wisdom, character, and practical advice I can take with me after all the exams are finished. I have learned how better relate to people from different backgrounds (and cultures, for I go to an International school). I have learned how to manage my time, homework, job, money, grades, and relationships more efficiently. Though I have learned how to live on my own and make my own decisions, I have also learned that I am still in the need to humble myself and ask for wisdom from knowledgeable, older people. What better place than to learn how to live in this world than the college I have been placed in.

Perhaps I would have liked to know the different issues and topics being discussed on campus, perhaps I would have liked to know the work load in some of the classes, as well as known a little more about the community so I would have been better prepared for life on campus.

Stacy

My classmates are normal college kids who love Jesus.

My classmates are normal college kids who love Jesus.

I would tell myself to make sure that I look at colleges of different sizes, locations, and type. Don't box yourself into one catagory. Relax and enjoy the next four years. God is in control, and He will lead you where you are supposed to be. Have some fun, study hard, but remember that there are times to say, "Forget you, homework. I need to play." Just don't say it very often. Homework's important. And make sure that you at least talk to your roommate(s) before your first semester starts, so at least they aren't complete strangers. Oh, and don't forget to take a LOUD alarm clock. You know that you can sleep through just about anything, and being late for class is a BAD idea.

CIU is a school for evangelical Christians who want to study hard, grow in the knowledge and love of Christ, and want to make Him known.

Krista

The school is very mission minded, and has excellent training in this field. Also has a large group if international students, who add to the campus.

I would tell myself to make a better effort at getting to know new people. Stop worrying about my highschool friends and trust that they will be around when I come home on breaks. I would tell myself to really reach out and be social with the girls on my hall and get to know them faster. I would also tell myself to calm down about the classes because they aren't as difficult as I previously worried about. Lastly, I would tell myself to be more open with the idea of a different major. Then I could enter college with the expectation of being a bit uncertain about my major and know that it's okay!

A nonchristian person who is looking for a secular education. Please do not attend if you can not adhere to some guidelines.

Columbia International University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.