Orange Beach, AL
Columbia Southern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Columbia Southern University

Ian

Columbia Southern University is an excellent online postsecondary education institution. The online programs are well-structured, relevant to the career field and can be paced to a students time constraints. As a career firefighter, a supervisor and instructor, the education that I received from the instituation has provided a better understanding of not only my profession, but my role as an organizational leader. The instructors are available and willing to help when needed and are as hands-on or hands-off as the student needs, all at an affordable cost. I highly recommend this institution to any prospective leader in their industry field, as I'm certain they wont be disappointed.

chelssa

I recently applied to Columbia Southern for the online courses this October 3, 2018. I applied and immediately I was contacted by an admissions rep. They were very wager to answer my questions to meet all of my needs. I am 35yrs old and I was very hesitant to return to school with having school age children, I was treat with respect over the phone and all of my questions were answered from enrollment to financial aide. I am very excited to start this journey and do well for myself. I haven't actually visited the school but based off the professionalism from the 3 reps that contacted me I am sure the actual campus just as great

Andrew

While it is an online college it has been a wonderful chance for me to further my education in a way that will affect my career. My classes are well thought out and the professors are always available for when I have any questions. The academic calendar is fast paced and they will work with you directly to ensure that you remain on track to get your degree on time.

Christina

It is a good, safe college. The professors and advisers are very helpful and work well with students. It works well with my schedule and the classes focus on my major. The classes are great and the teachers are good to work with. With communication, the teachers are understanding if you need an extended deadline.

Trevor

Columbia Southern is one of the top online universities! I spent a lot of time doing my research, and Columbia Southern offers the best bang for your buck. The school has an easy to navigate online interface, engaging class curriculums, and a staff that is always willing to help you achieve your goals. These benefits coupled with Columbia Southern's low tuition costs, discounts, and scholarships for first responders made it an easy choice for me. The university is already helping me advance my career, and I will graduate with very little student loan debt. If you're a working professional looking to obtain your bachelor's degree from a flexible, affordable university, Columbia Southern is the way to go!

WILLIAM

I interact with many of my class mates on a weekly basis. I have not interacted with them all but the ones that I have are returning to school later in life to get a degree to be competitive in an ever changing workplace.

Please goto college and complete a degree in a field that you want be in and stick with it so you have some form of retirement.

I do not see my professors on a daily basis.

Catherine

Make a plan and stick to it. I would have seen a counselor much earlier on and worked harder at figuring out exactly what courses I needed instead of choosing most of them myself. I find that I ended up with many courses that didn't apply to what I was doing and the rules for what was needed changed as time went on because I had to step away from my education for various reasons - mostly financial. I would also seek more scholarship oppurtunities so that I could have finished in a more timely fashion.

I was so excited to find the program I wanted at a school that would help me find financial aid and succeed. I also like that I get a discount if I come back for graduate work.

Mathew

I tell my friends, and family members for that matter, that Columbia Southern University is an outstanding online school; I can honestly say that I learned more there than at any other school I previously attended; which by the way were traditional brick and mortar. I loved their fast paced, concentrated courses which are conducted in eight week terms; and though not easy, afforded us the ability to study at our own pace (within a certain time-frame). It also provided us with a wealth of knowledge that was not only practical, but applicable in today’s workforce.

When I graduated from HS no one was there to teach me the value of a good education; the sheer necessity of having a degree, or the rich rewards both on a financial level, as well as the personal satisfaction derived from attaining such a degree, or even the personal and professional satisfaction and growth that it affords by becoming a productive and contributing member to society. I had to learn the hard way, through trial and error and to my regret, that a good education is not only a good thing to possess, but that it is an essential one; especially in today’s fast paced and ever-changing technologically advanced workplace. Life is hard enough as it is without having to struggle day by day; from paycheck to paycheck all because you failed to pursue a higher education. So if I could go back in time and give myself one piece of advice, it would be to stay in school. Do not rob yourself of the opportunity to better yourself and enrich your life. The transition into college may be hard at first, but the sacrifices are well worth it in the long run.

Columbia Southern University is an online school; therefore the only interaction with other students is via Blackboard. However, the experience was pleasant and professional. As online students, the majority of us are adults with full time careers and family responsibilities. They were always many subjects to cover, and many experiences to be shared at CSU, and I would describe all of my classmates as driven and dedicated individuals who shared a common purpose to expand their educational and professional careers; while enriching their personal lives.

Chris

Be Prepaired. Remember to stay focused and to complete the task at hand. Dont let your homework go untill the last 20 minute before its due. Also get used to taking notes, and learn to take the notes fast. Teachers dont slow down on the lectures, and you need to be able to keep up. Also meet everyone in your classes, because they will be your best friend when it comes to projects or homework. They can also take notes for you if you miss a day. Sit in front of the class, TRUST ME! You will learn much better, and learn so much more than if you sat in the back of the class room. One final word of advice . 14.Find mentors. Going through something yourself is often the best way to learn, but that doesn't mean you have to re-invent the wheel entirely and can't get guidance. Many of the world's most successful people -- from businessmen to politicians to writers to musicians -- found a mentor early on who represented an ideal that they wanted to become and took a fervent interest in them. Dont Miss class its not worth it at all.

Javier

Any person who requires more "project-based" learning. Most of the assignments are self paced and catered to individual learning.

The university has a very flexible schedule that works very well with military veterans and allows a per-course option to allow you to start your course at any time of the year you choose.

I would tell my high school self to reflect on what he really loves doing. I would tell him to follow his passions because that is the only thing that is going to truly make him happy and ensure that he wakes up every day happy to do what he does. Following degrees/careers for the money can not bring true happiness and will eventually leave him feeling empty or lost.

Columbia Southern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.