Columbia, TN
Columbia State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Columbia State Community College

Alexis

Columbia State Community College feels like a second home; it's safe, positive, and an open-minded atmosphere for learning. I believe this college to have super sufficient access to resources from advisers, professors, libraries, computer labs, and a student help center on campus. Columbia State also provides free tutoring for all subjects and the students, as well as, teachers are always eager to help each other! Coffee and a variety of food choices are available on campus which saves gas and a trip to Starbucks! Columbia State posts a monthly calendar to inform students and staff about free fun activities, upcoming sports events, and important academic deadlines. Students are encouraged to engage with their peers at Columbia State. My overall experience at Columbia State Community College has been superb and I appreciate the the sense of community!

Gina

I learned very little from my gen ed classes and this school seems to be changing a lot since I graduated in the spring and not for the better. my favorite professor told me today that he quit and they no longer support the major he works in. It was just like high school including the drama

Mary

Columbia State Community College is an excellent school.

Columbia State Community College is an excellent school.

Terra

Great experience, professors, and classmates.

Great experience, professors, and classmates.

Abdul

Columbia State Community College is an amazing school for several reasons. First, it is a community college which means that their tuition is slightly more affordable than other community colleges or 4-year schools in the country. However, this does not at all compensate for the academic richness of the school, since their academic programs are extremely comprehensive, organized, and taught by experienced professors who know how to do their job. Furthermore, the class sizes are very small, which means that you are able to have a strong relationship with your professors, and seeing them in their offices to address any questions or concerns is easy since their office hours are very flexible. Moreover, Columbia State provides various extracurricular activities for its students such as the President's Leadership Society, and several sports such as basketball and baseball are also available. Overall, Columbia State has exceptional academic and social diversity and opportunity, and it is the perfect school to enroll in so that you can receive your associates degree and begin working, or transfer to a 4-year university to finish your education and obtain a bachelor's degree, like I myself am doing. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wishes to obtain their associates degree or simply use it to transition into a 4-year school in a healthy, comfortable, and stimulating environment.

i highly recommend attending this college campus to other students who are wanting to achieve a college education. teachers work well to see the students succeed. columbia state strives to see students with careers reach the education desired and are willing to work their best to get us where we want to be as an adult in the work force within the state of tn

Jamarqua

Overall, its a great school. It is extremely safe and it is a drug and alcohol free school. It is a college to get high school students ready for the real world or any university. It has great academic programs and successes. It is an awesome school.

Lyndsie

My school is a place I heard a lot of bad things about, but once I got enrolled I ended up liking it a lot.

My classmates are easy to become friends with.

I would tell myself to not be afraid of failure and that failing my classes is not the end of the world. I'd tell myself that the failure I will experience will end up pushing me to do even better in my other classes. I would also tell myself to just give Columbia State a chance, because it deserves at least that much.

Britton

If I could talk to myself as a senior in high school I would start by telling myself to get ready for a big change in school. No longer will I be able to make A's and B's without a moment of work outside the classroom. I would let my younger self know that not everything my college friends ask me to do is worth my time. I would warn my younger self of the horrors of catching the flu right before spring break and how real doctors can get things done, unlike the campus health center. I would mainly prepare my younger self to be a more organized little freshman who focusses exponentially more on school and gets a lot more sleep.

I wish I had known the work required to pass a college level class, so I never would have left Pepperdine.

Each class has a different website for online work.

Brady

My classmates in college could not possibly be more different; everyone is from a different background, has a different major, expects different things from the class, has a unique point of view towards life and success, and each of us are headed in opposite directions in life, with only one aspect of life in common-the class we all have to pass in order to progress further in life.

Aim high and never settle for anything less than everything. Make more memories than your heart, soul, and mind could possibly contain, for life will never be this way again. Life never gets any easier, nor does it always get "harder"; it simply becomes more complex and difficult in ways unseen. College will change you and your friends in every possible way, just make sure you expect it and enjoy the ride. Maturity is only gained through learning to control your own attitude, no matter the circumstances. You can also raise your maturity level by increasing your urgency for knowledge and taking up a new hobby. Your new urgency to learn will enable you to exceed your teacher's expectations, thus making life a bit easier. Your new hobby will keep you entertained when the money to go out simply does not exist. Seek refuge in exercise, because those endorphins will be crucial to sucess in every part of your life, plus a healthy body partnered with a healthy mind can defeat any unknown source of stress. Make time for friendships, working hard is not the only valuable and honorable aspect of life. Conscienciously be happy every day.

My biggest wish is that I would have known to make sleep a higher priority. Sleep is a huge factor in whether or not I complete my assignments on time, feel energized throughout work, and if I will do well on assignments and tests. I cannot do well in all of my classes or at my job if I have not slept well. I totally wish I had known how much sleep affects my learning and daily function; I shoul have better prepared myself for this type of stress and activity by sleeping more regularly.

Columbia State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.