Columbia University in the City of New York

« See more reviews of Columbia University in the City of New York

Columbia stands apart from the rest of the schools in the Ivy League for two main reasons: first, its location, and second, the Core Curriculum. Located in arguably one of the greatest and most thriving cities in the country, Columbia offers a huge amount of opportunities, including the incorporation of theater and museum trips to the curriculum, and incredible internships, as well as professional networking and panels. As for the Core, all students are given a unique and shared knowledge base which puts their educations in perspective.

I beleieve that Columbia University is an amazing institution with its ability to offer unparalleled internship opportunities in the heart of New York, a highly intelligent and diverse class, and world-renowned faculty that helps cultivate an engaging atmosphere of both real-world and academic achievement.

Columbia is beautiful, and looks like a real campus than just happens to be in New York City. Old style buildings (ask an art history major for a better description) with turquoise roofs, and a fairly ugly student center.

Columbi University is a utopia in the middle of the world's greatest city, inhabited by talented, interesting and driven students who have come to New York from all over the world in order to be a lion.

A rigorous school that demands a lot, but gives a lot back in return; a place where excellence is expected and motivated students are given the resources they need to go as far as they want to.

Columbia University offers an excellent education with amazing opportunities to look forward to upon graduation, as long as you can afford the massive tuition and living costs.

Liberal but welcoming college that has a central and community feel while still allowing students to persue their interests in one of the best cities in the nation.

Columbia was very academically oriented and success-oriented but people felt a lot of guilt about that so they pretended to be more liberal than they were.

It's a place that emphasizes independence; they won't hold your hand but they'll provide you with a world-class education and experts in your field.

Often pretentious, spoiled or oddly self-righteous students mix with liberal, neo-hippie druggies while fighting over who does more homework.