Columbia University in the City of New York Top Questions

Oraia

Alumni network

Henry

It's Ivy League status.

My school is known for their school of medicine, law, and education.

It's known for its high academic standards and compassionate moral values.

It's merit and research- quality of education and distinguished faculty

Tree lighting is by far my favorite tradition. College walk (the walkway that runs through campus) has trees lining the path, and on December 1st they are covered in white holiday lights and lit up as a capella groups sing. The student councils give out hot chocolate and cookies, and everyone takes a nice holiday break before finals.

Columbia is best known for its Ivy League status, its location (in the world's best city), and its liberal arts based undergraduate program. Within this university, with its renowned graduate schools and accomlished faculty, there is an intimate undergraduate community drawn from diverse backgrounds and brought together by the Core Curriculum, a foundational set of courses meant to ensure that all students have the same basic knowledge that Columbia graduates have acquired for centuries. Columbia is also known for being the only Manhattan college or university with a traditional campus, which also adds to its strong sense of community.

Iris

My school is best known for being an Ivy League University. The curriculum is challenging and rigorous. I would recommend my school to individuals who are focused, can devote their full attention to the academic experience and is moderately social.

Gaia

Students often find themselves here -- we have a small community within a gigantic city full of possibilites

Quality Education

The Core

Columbia is best known for providing a top-notch education and a robust intellectual framework for students seeking to come of age in the greatest city in the world.

1968 liberalism, but that's not the case anymore, now everyone wants to be an i-banker.

Benn

It is best known for being in the Ivy League, and being (once upon a time) an outstanding center of learning.

S

Columbia University is known for being one of the highest held educated institution in the leading city in the United States of America. Columbia University is known for its Core Curriculum the base of its Liberal Arts education. This Core Curriculum is a major hallmark the school uses to differentiate itself from other ivy league school.

Its probably best known for its liberal and diverse culture.

Alice

academics, prizes, professors, ivy league

yael

academics

Terrell

My school is best known for its location, Ivy-league status, and surrounding evironment.