Columbia University in the City of New York

« See more reviews of Columbia University in the City of New York

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

The sports scene is essentially non-existant here. People will occasionally go to football or basketball games, but because those teams have a tradition of losing (and losing big), most students do not care at all. I personally like to go to the games because I have friends on the team, all the events are free, and they give out tons of stuff (t-shirts, etc.). However, most people choose to avoid the teams at all costs.

Sports are not a huge part of Columbia. The main sports center is uptown, so it is rather inconvenient to get there. Columbia doesn't have that much sports pride, but going to games to cheer for your friends can be a lot of fun.

A Columbia student discusses the benefits and drawbacks of playing varsity basketball at Columbia University, as well as the attitude towards sports at Columbia.

A Sophmore talks about the reasons why he enjoys attending Volleyball games on-campus including the spirit at the game, free things, and the entertainment.

A freshman talks about her favorite parts of attending basketball games at Columbia, including the atmosphere at sporting events.

A Columbia student talks about her favorite athletics event on-campus, Field Hockey, and her enjoyment in watching it.

A Junior talks about the atmoshere at Basketball games, making them his favorite sporting event on-campus.

A freshman discusses how much she enjoys participating and attending Track and Field.