Columbia University in the City of New York Top Questions

I think that the rigorous academic load and the exceptional professors are the assets of this school.

Alexis

The best thing about Columbia is that there is the opportunity to learn so much. There is a core curriculum that everyone has to take, no matter what their major, and it's a great chance to study subjects that would otherwise be neglected.

f

1. NYC: we're in the best city in the world 2. the campus: we have our own little bubble in morningside heights 3. the core: the epitome of a classical education

The core curriculum that is required of all students and the fact that our campus is located in the middle of nyc are two items that come to mind. Looking back, I wouldn't have changed a thing about this experience.

Lydia

I really got to interact with professors who continue to help me follow my career path. The faculty is outstanding, if you have the wherewithal to really get to know them and ask for help.

Alicia

The students come from all over the country and world, and there is a great diversity of ideas, interests, talents, and perspectives. Being in New York is also eye-opening in that we are exposed to different cultures, neighborhoods, arts, social issues, etc.

Aaron

Columbia University offers students a steller quality of education along with career and networking opportunities that will last long after graduation. I feel the competitiveness drives students to try harder and exceed even our own level of expectations of our abilities. The Career Center is very helpful with providing information about the vast number of exciting internships and job assistance opportunities available to students. There are, also, an incredible amount of activities to get involved with throughout the semester, assuming you are able to tear yourself away from your studies long enough to participate.

Matthew

The universal academic committment by both students and faculty. There is an underlying culture of academic priority above all else, which translates into a thoroughly enriching and motivating learning environment. This ideology prepares students for the productive and dedicated application of their acquired skills necessary to succeed in the post-graduate employment arena .

Natalie

The best part about Columbia is the infinite opportunities. Because the university is in New York, and because it is such a renowned institution, students have access to experts in every field, as well as to the headquarters of the world's most important organizations (governmental, for-profit, and non-profit). The professors and graduate students are always willing to help undergraduates further their education, and the entire student body is so motivated that one has to be a recluse to avoid pursuing a unique opportunity, whether is be attending an opera at the Met or an on-campus lecture.

Boris

The atmosphere. The people I've met here, the discussions that I've had, are magnitudes above ones I had at my previous University. The people I'm meeting are going somewhere, like I am, and it's an excellent sense of scholarly pursuit and academic comradery going here.

Tabitha

Fun place to go to school. Gives students a chance to be independent. Great group of brilliant people.

Richard

New York City! And the speakers

Ngozi

culture

Kacy

The available resources. Just being in New York city exposes students to endless resources that aid in academic and personal development. Also the alumni are very much involved and serve as wonderful resources as well.

Alexis

I think that the city environment allows you to mature and grow faster than other schools.