Columbus College of Art and Design Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Columbus College of Art and Design

Catherine

The school offers excellent learning opportunities and achievement. The school is great at being connected with outside sources and that is what grants us a lot of internships, which helps us in the long run. When we graduate, there is a guarantee to get a career in the field we've been exposed to in college. If you apply yourself while you are there, take every moment and assignment seriously, than later on in life you can say with all honesty that Columbus College of Art and Design help you through it. Another thing about the school is just the connection that students on campus share. The school is not that big in population which is a wonderful thing for me. It allows you to really become connected to other students inside and outside the class room. People I can talk to now, people I can talk to later on in life, the creativity of art that will be passed on forever, I am finding that here at this school and it is beautiful. I have learned so much from professors and so much from students. Things are rare to find in life. Things you cannot find in a book. Things you can only find here. I couldn't ask for a more perfect school for me and although it is expensive, I am willing to take my time and find a way to pay for it because I love this school that much.

meghan

This school is a great place for people who are truly passionate about art and design but if you aren't fully into it you will struggle. There is a lot of homework projects and demands. There are still quite a few liberal arts classes you are required to take but they are normally not bad.

Ellison

Columbus College of Art and Design is like another home for me. I feel safe staying there late in my studio. It is small which is great because I am never late for class, it is very convenient. Because the school is small it makes it feel like its own community. Many of the classes are a 10:1 or 16:1 student to teacher ratio, which is awesome because it allows for one on one time to meet with the teacher in class.

Abbey

Some of the faculty and staff here are amazing, they've provided me with guidance and resources that have helped me immensely and I genuinely enjoy both their teaching style and them as people. The institution as a whole, however, is a different story. I've had several teachers who were hired mere days before the class they were teaching began, and the financial aid department is wildly unhelpful.

Tara

Columbus College of Art and Design is an intensive private are college located in Columbus, Ohio. This school definitely challenges its students, therefore, it's important to be organized and have good time-management. The philosophy I've come to understand by attending this school is, "You get out of it, what you put into it." Definitely trying new things, and challenging yourself is the best way to get the most out of your classes at this school. Also, I would say this school definitely helps you get ahead by providing an introductory class to your major. This definitely allows you to know more about your major to help you decide whether you want to switch majors or not. Overall, I recommend this school, but like all schools it has its improvements, but it also has multiple upsides.

Abbigail

My overall opinion of Columbus College of Art and Design would be it's an amazing school. The students work extremely hard to be successful, it gets stressful, but at the end of the day we know it's well worth the struggle. Everyone comes together as a family and we take our school assignments seriously. We always have activities, clubs, social gatherings. I love it here, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I am struggling tremendously financially, but I am determined to overcome this obstacle. I will not give up.

Brianna

It's a good school but expensive. The teachers are helpful and students are close and willing to help each other. The construction on campus during the second semester was really frustrating though since it's such a small space to begin with. I love all the opportunities the school had given me and other students.

I love it here. Most people are nice and accepting. The teachers are caring and helpful, well most. The one-spot tries helping with money problems and to keep in going to school. The Dorms are nice. Foods kinda good, depends on the day. Big selection of shops and places to eat.

This is a great, small school with extremely friendly students, staff and faculty. Making friends was extremely easy and I've probably met every person in my class at this point. The only thing getting me down is living on campus, but the facilities are nicer than many state colleges so I can't complain too much. The class size is small and one-on one time with your professors is guaranteed and for the most part they are an very knowledgeable bunch just trying their best.

Ceairra

I love this college. It is a small school with big educational benefits. CCAD is a college for those who want a full college experience with out the big college expense. If art is what you have a passion for then CCAD is for you , with smaller class sizes and inspiration all around on campus.

Laurissa

Great when it comes to Art, teachers try to include all majors. Communication is the weakest point and many times can mess up important things, whether it's events on campus to critically important financial aid, they will not contact you until it is too late. Liberal art teachers are a hit or miss, they are either good at what they do or they suffer poorly.

Margaret

Overall, Columbus College of Art and Design has treated me well. I am a fine arts major and although I do feel as though the school favors their design students over their fine artists, I can't really complain because there are so many resources for all students to use. The faculty is hit or miss, but I really like pretty much every one in the fine arts department. The location of the school is sometimes a bummer. We are located right downtown so you would think that it would be hopping, however that is far from the truth. Downtown Columbus is kind of... sad. It is mostly businesses and there are very few shops and restaurants within walking distance from the school. The Short North isn't too far though, and there are some fun things to do there usually. Overall, I have had a good experience at CCAD. I've learned a lot and have been able to do things I never thought I could do.

Jaydon

It’s a college of topics and subjects that are narrowed down, to give better focus to the classes that are associated directly to your major. The people in Ohio are very friendly and knowledgeable. There are shops of all kinds that are in walking distance. Great food. Great college atmosphere.

Sierra

The school is quite amazing, in my opinion! The classes all revolve around the arts, so it really helps with everyone's major. Classes are smaller, and it reminds me of the size of an average high school class; but not in a bad way! The professors are kind and understanding.

Overall, I really like this school! The class size is small, professors in general are accessible and helpful, and the resources are pretty good. The Design squaare apartments are pretty good, but the Schottenstein dorms are kind of minimal. If you like a lot of art, and a lot of projects, this is a good school for you.

Bailey

Overall the school is a great place, The class sizes are small so you get to know your professor and classmates. The facilities are open late for work time and security keeps a great eye on campus making sure everyone is safe, and they are always a call away.

Kenzie

CCAD has excellent academics and is perfect for those seeking smaller class sizes for one-on-one information. The professors are incredibly knowledgeable and there are plenty of networking opportunities. However, it seems class time is often used as "work time", which is frustrating considering the high price students pay for tutition.

McCala

My overall opinion of the Columbus College of Art and Design (CCAD), is that it is very clean and safe. I feel like I am able to walk around the campus freely 24/7 without worry. The environment is also very conducive to our learning experiences- in and out of the classroom.

Ivette

It is a great school to be in, the art and the general culture brings so much happiness into the school. There are so many people with unique styles in this school and you can learn a lot from just walking into a classroom and making conversation with others. This campus creates an environment where everyone can feel safe and spend time together having fun while working hard. The teachers and staff are really helpful as well and make sure to check up on you when you need it.

Gabrielle

My opinion on Columbus College of Art and Design is very good. I am very excited to do an official tour of the campus. I have heard great things of the school itself and would be honored to go to such a school. Their animation program is one of the best. I personally love the atmosphere of the school and cannot wait to visit and apply!

Julie

I loved my time at CCAD. I felt like the quality of the courses and teachers were a huge asset to achieving my goals as an artist. The connections made with professionals in the field and also the connections the school had to major companies made job searches easy.

Honestly, for the cost of tuition it's overpriced, some of the facilities are somewhat nice, they have great workshops for wood and metal work, and there are lots of good adjunct professors. Communication from the administration isn't great. There also isn't much to do in the surrounding area because it is in the middle of the business district. Overall, could be worse, could be better.

Josephine

I am in love with this school so in love that I'm willing to go in to debt just so that I can attend. The professors are invested and enthusiastic about what they teach, you can tell as soon as you walk in to a class that they are there because they want to be and they want you to succeed.