Columbus, OH
Columbus State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Columbus State Community College

Elisabeth

The class size is smaller than most schools of its size and it has the lowest cost per credit hour in the area. Also on the public bus lines. The students are actually taught by teachers many of which also work in their fields that they teach about. For example my geology teacher is also a land surveyer. The campus is the perfect size so one does not have to trek halfway across the city to get to class. We also get a large age range from people fresh out of high school to adults returning for a second career.

Since I was in PSEO for my senior year I would have to start when school had just begun. First I would tell myself not to take any online classes since I learn better by hearing and need the structure. It is always important to consider how you learn best when deciding on what form of classes you are going to take and how you are going to study. Second would be to work hard and not slack off since all years of high school are important. It is also important to take the big classes like calculus in high school so you do not have to start at the bottom levels in college. Take a 4th year of High School science whether you're required to or not.; ti pays off. Remeber to treasure what time you have left. When you start college you have to start worrying about life as weel. It is best to have a job already and are saving up money for the school, book and other costs. Finally apply for every scholarship and grant you qualify for. You will need the money and unlike a loan you don't have to pay it back.

The classes are small and the teachers are great. In the event you get a bad teacher there is a student class survey near the end of the quarter that is handed out to the students to fill out and give their opinion. Also there are usally many offerings of the same class if it is a core class and there are online and hybrid options to fit any schedule. Finally the cost is the lowest in the area if not the whole state so I can actually afford to go to school.

My school is best known for being a 2-year college.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take college slow, to ease into it because as much as it may not seem like a huge change, it is. I would tell myself NOT to cut class in college, because even though you won't get in trouble, it'll come back and bite you in the butt when you get your grades. I would also tell myself not to overwhlem myself by taking too heavy of a course load because college can get very stressful. I would reccomend taking 1-2 online courses because as long as you have the discipline, it creates a nice balance. Lastly, I would remind myself to get there early each day, because parking is one of the most stressful parts of college life.

My school is difficult and they also care but not to the point that they want to help they just think it is written in stone . The rules I mean.

I would tell everyone DON'T WAIT. Go as soon as you graduate it is that important. It all is fresh in your brain abnd you are still in the school habit. There are alot of people that think that you should take a break after school but that isn't the case. You need to go as soon as you graduate go that fall and get it over with. Don't wait like I did and now regret not going when you have the chance.

I think that a self motivated person should attend. Due to the fact that it is an online college and there is no campus to attend.

stacey

To give my heart and soul to my education. There would be not one thing that was more important than my education. To help strengthen my country's future I should put everything I have into this education. There is no greater joy on earth than to be greatly educated. In order for America to compete in this world we must become highly educated.

The best thing is the education. I feel as if I am really learning alot. They offer several options for classes to fit my schedule. The instructors bring alot of experience and knowledge.

I wish I would of know how accessable my education was. The fact that I can juggle a son with autism, a job, and an education all at the same time.

Tabitha

I have gone back in time to talk to myself in my senior year about the things that I know now about the transition from high school to college. The first thing that I would tell myself is to start filling out college, scholarship applications, and start preparing letters for grants. The longer you wait the longer it will take to get responses. College is the start to your career path and if you don?t take it seriously you are going to miss out on so many things. Going to college will make it a whole lot easier when it comes to getting a job. Now you may already have a job but think about how much money you are making. You?re a cashier at a grocery store making minimum wage which is at 5.15 an hour. Now imagine having a job making 11, 15, or even 25 dollars an hour. That is enough money to start a family. Well my time here is coming to an end I just wanted to leave you with a parting thought going to college is the path for you so you don?t have to struggle to make ends meet.

The best thing about my school is that there are other places that I can go to take classes as well as do other things that involve school. So, no matter where I am I can do the things that need to get done and I do not have to live on campus or have to go to campus to take classes. I am able to take calsses online and on campus as well.

Well I am not one to complain about something that has been given to me as an opportunity to better myself. I really do not have anything to complain about except maybe that we need more classes availiable online as well as maybe a few more parking places. Other than the things that I have mentioned I do not have any problems with my school.

Florence

My school brings people from different backgrounds and age in a comfortable class setting.

If I could go back to the past and talk with my senior self, I would of told my self to be more prepared. Now that I am paying for my classes and taking out loans, I would tell my slef to research more about scholarships. Not only that, but also research different schools. I know at that time I didn't know how to do all these things, but that was what the high school counselor was for. She was there to help you with all the college related questions. It didn't matter if I went to her office every day and asked her many questions, she was there to help me, and I should have used her knowlege on college/scholarship search. If I would have done that, I might have been able to be living a better college life today.

Students who don't know what they want to do or people who want to re educate themselves should come to this school.

Patricia

My classmates are the true meaning of the melting pot. They are all from different backgrounds, races, age and education levels. However, we all have the same educational goal.

Patty, Listen to me and learn. Do not wait till your out of high school to start thinking about your future. The future slips by without us even realizing it. Start planning your career and educational goals as soon as you get into high school. Keep your grades up and look into types of funding early. Talk to your school counselors and listen to their advise. Become active in your school and community. Don't just waste your time away sitting at home doing nothing. Be open to new things and people. I know its hard for you to be around new people, but you should work harder to come out of your shell. College will offer you many opportunities to be active with others. Coming out of your shell now will make it so much easier. I know that the whole process can be a bit over-whelming if you wait and try to do everything that needs done all at once. So start early so that you can break the process down into easy to handle steps. Lastly, remember that you have many people willing to help you, LET THEM.

The most frustrating thing about Columbus State Community College is that there are times when the campus seems huge. It was easy for me to get lost when I first visited the school.

Ryan

Classmates consist of many demographics from highschoolers to experienced individuals of all ranges of age.

As a highschool senior back in 1995, I recall the reasons I chose not to move away and attend college. I was accepted to Temple University and had an opportunity to attend Syracuse University. When I learned of the college costs in attending Syracuse University, I felt it was an impossible to afford the costs with attending college. I still remember the one commercial with the young man who couldn't afford to go to school and his little brother gave him his jar of coins and dollars. This was an advertisement for the military. What I didn't understand then was the financial aid and scholarship process. No one educated me on this as I did not make sense of it until years later. If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to worry about the college costs and just go for it. I would have educated myself on the financial aid process and applied for as many scholarships as I could.

Students who are unsure of a degree they're wanting to seek or the working adult seeking a degree.

yahya

The advice that i would give myself is that highschool is not the same as college. In college you have to work harder to achieve great things in life. All you have to do is do the best you can and dont be lazy. All you have to do is believe in yourself.

the number one thing that i brag about to my friends about school is how i always keep my grades up and how it is important that everybody has there education. Without education nobody will go any where in life. I always brag about how i always recieve a's on my homework on my report card and most importantly on my test scores. I always brag about how if i achieve going to college and getting good grades i can achieve anything in life.

The most fustrating thing about my school is that there are a lot of people and sometimes it can be difficult in classrooms

Filemone

Well one of the unique and beneficial things that I like about my school, is that it is small. I find it very convenient to get one on one help with the teacher as oppose to a university in the classroom. Also the tutition is very affordable which is a big plus in my book, and lastly the people their are so respectable, and of course kind. Also this school is partnered with Ohio State and other universities if you want to transfer over there nicely. Overall this is a great college and you would be accepted with open arms.

Well I wasn't a very good student in high school and I would constantly get into trouble. I struggled alot in that school because of the way I acted. In my junior year (but was still considered a freshman because of the insufficient amount of credits that I had) I got some advice from my father and mother telling me to get my act to together to start a new and if I don't I would be in high school for 6 years. Then it dawned on me I would be in high school for more than 4 years! So thanks to my parents and some friends that were pulling for me to get caught up I decided to go to summer school and take all the classes I failed and to go after school and recover my credits and study really hard. By the end of my senior year I graduated with my class, but I still had a very low GPA and couldn't apply to the college I wanted to go. If I could go back in time I would slap myself in the past and tell myself to get my act together or else!

I personally don't brag about anything to my friends, and I try to remain humble as possible.

Columbus State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.