Columbus, OH
Columbus State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Columbus State Community College

Justin

From the way they look, speak, act, and are, my classmates remind me of the diversity and sense of community within the city.

You know your plan. College isn't for you and your high school transcript reflects that. You have some maturing to do before you should approach school. Go head and take that year off. Go to that two month audio production workshop. It'll help you to be able to live on your own and possibly assist you in redefining those average study skills. Get your drivers lisence, you're behind on that one. Move out into your own apartment. That action seems really appealing, but although rent will eat away at your money, you might be reshapped by some responsibility. Although a social life is important, you will be there for school work. Don't forget that much; take care of your responsibilities first.

The worst thing about my current school is the record breaking student population. This has made it so scheduling meetings with advisors is the only way to get them alone for any amount of time. It makes scheduling classes a cut throat competition in which I must enroll within the first day or two that I can. As a result, I have made efforts schedule all of my classes at an off campus location and have mapped my way through this community college by my own individual means.

Samuel

Columbus State Communitity College is a great school that is affordable for all. I chose this school because I am getting the same education that I would be getting at a college that costs twice to four times the amount of Columbus State. It is also a very diverse place to lean new things about different people and their cultures.

I would tell my past self that I need to be a lot more organized. I would also say that I would get to know every person that I could because the more people you know the more help you can get. One more thing that I would say is start being responsible as soon as possible so you get a taste of what the college life is like.

Any person can attend Columbus State. It does not matter what you are going for this is the right college for anyone.

Madeleine

If I could go back in time and give myself some advice as a high school senior I would tell myself to give future a deep thought. Try to figure out a few things that I'm interested and curious about, so that I don't end up wasting time and money trying to explore various options at a costly college level. This is a point in my life when I have plenty of time, be ambitious and ask around and also explore various options that could interest me. Stop thinking that everything is in the future and that I don't have to worry about such choices for an extended amount of time, because years fly by and before I know it I will be married with two kids and a dog living across the Atlantic Ocean where I actually have to pay for college. Do not take anything for granted, plan ahead and be ambitious.

I wish I would have known and understood more about the American school system before starting community college. That way I would have saved myself some time and money. I also wish I would have asked for more help of the counselors that were offered, being more ambitious and taking career choices more seriously. Additionally, I wish I would have explored other school and interesting programs before staring to take classes at chosen college. That way I could have had an idea of other options or atleast a plan to take the right classes that would transfer.

Columbus State Community College is a great choice for everyone , being more affordable than four year colleges and offering convenient locations as well as smaller classes. Columbus State Community College is definitely for those who want to save money and get an education at the same time. Not only does the school offer normal class hours, but also serves nontraditional students by offering evening and web based classes. It doesn't matter if you're a young student or a working adult, Columbus State Community College can meet your needs.

lee

The school costs much less than others and the class sizs were also smaller.

The school costs much less than others and the class sizs were also smaller.

I would have told myself that it is really important to finish highschool. Dropping out makes going to collage much more difficult. I would have also told myself the importance of getting good scores on the SAT were almost more important than my actual grades.

I wish that I had known that parking would have been so difficult. Many times I have waited almost an hour for a spot.

I would tell myself to take the plunge and go straight to school; to enjoy the college experience that I've heard so much about but unfortunately missed. I would also tell myself, though, to make sure it is exactly what I want to do; I see so many of my high school classmates and new friends who went the high school straight to college route assuming that was what they were supposed to do, and ended up stuck with a major and a degree that they had no interest in. 27 year old me would be sure that 18 year old me took the time to think about what it is I think I could do for the rest of my life, and to look at it from every side possible: time, family, success, money, but most of all, happiness! Then...I would say Taylor, life only gets better!

I enjoy that it is a smaller school with attention focused on individuals, as opposed to groups as a whole.

I wish I had known how important school was when I was in high school. I didn't get out of high school what lots of people do, and I regret that. Because of this, I didn't choose to further my education until much after high school. I'm happy to be doing so now, however, I feel that I could be more successful now had I seen the importance much earlier.

Christa

I would tell myself to first take time to really think about what career I may want to enter. It is okay to take time off after college to decide on a career and to give myself time to also mature so I can be more focused in college. Once I was ready to attend college I would tell myself to become educated on student loans and scholarships and to take the time to utilize the help and activities that are available on campus. I would also tell myself to become disciplined and focused, because not spending time on studying and doing homework can set you back and delay the processing of the main goal which is graduation.

I wish I was more knowledgeable on Financial Aid, Scholarships, and time management.

I think the worst part of school is the parking and class availabilty. It is hard to find parking because we are a community college with almost 35,000 students since more people are returning to school. Classes are also only available certain quarters and times which is not always flexible for the student.

Kendra

If I could go back I would tell myself 'don't sweat it'. College is a smooth transition. The twelve years you spend in school actually pay off. All of the times you worried about the little projects and tests was worth it. College is by no means easier, but if you keep the determination and focus that you have always had you will be successful. College is not a place to procrastinate or slack off but it is a place to be organized and prosper. You grow up fast when you go to college because you are your own motivator. You do not have people cheering you on all the time so being focused and determined is key. Overall, there is not need to worry, you'll be fine if you take what you have learned previously with you.

People who have a good idea of what they want to achieve should attend this school. It could be challenging for a young person to enter into shool without a game plan. It takes a focused and determined person to do well at any college. If a person does not stay completely focused they may end up taking longer in school than they really want to spend there. This school is also a good place for adults to get more education even if they are not degree seeking. Education is a great way to enhance lifee

The tuition is what I can afford! Also all of my professors have been very helpful and have taught me well.

I would tell myself a lot of things about college if I could go back in time. I would tell myself to not procrastinate about scholarships and get as much information as I can about them and just keep applying. I really needed more scholarship money since my dad lost his job. I would also tell myself to get as much information about entering college as I can and do not worry as much about the school work of high school. I would tell myself to talk to counselors at high school and college about how to get prepared and about the placement test. I feel that would have helped me to not feel so overwhelmed. I would also tell myself how different life at college will be. I would say that the workload will be high and it will be lonely at times, but I would tell myself to not get stressed about it because it will help me to be more independent. Most of all, I would tell myself that I am making the right decision about college and my major. I would say that I will like my major and see that it is right for me.

The major thing I wish I knew was how complicated and different college would be. After I graduated high school, I thought there was plenty of time to get ready for college, but everything happened so fast. Applying for scholarships was a killer, I found out too late that I could have applied for more scholarships, but the deadline had passed. I wish I had known more about the placement test because I found out that I didn't even have to take the ACT. I wish I'd known about the large workload and little social time there was.

The worst thing about my school is the large number of students. So many people are going to my school that parking has become an issue. My school is trying to solve the problem by offering classes at another local university, but the bad economy is making the problem worse. Many people, including teachers, come to class late because of parking, which is disruptive to the education process. Many students have to resort to buses or carpooling, which are inconvenient. Students are very frustrated by it, which just adds to the stress they are under and makes college very problematic.

Jeremy

During senior year of high school, do not take the laid back classes, as they make the transition to much more advanced classes difficult. Also begin to budget your money as soon as possible, as college is very financially difficult, and can be quite disastrous if you aren't prepared. I know this sounds like a lot of responsibility to own up to during high school, but once you graduate, you are off in the real world, where no one is there to hold your hand through your hardships. The best way to prepare for life after high school is to not only arm yourself with knowledge early on in life, but to actually apply that knowledge to help you grow accustomed to life not only during college but after as well.

janeen

The first thing I would tell myself is that put your education first, second and third that all the other things you felt you had to do now will be there after your education

Any "KIND" that wants to further their education and make their life better

Columbus State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.