Columbus, OH
Columbus State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Columbus State Community College

I would tell myself a lot of things about college if I could go back in time. I would tell myself to not procrastinate about scholarships and get as much information as I can about them and just keep applying. I really needed more scholarship money since my dad lost his job. I would also tell myself to get as much information about entering college as I can and do not worry as much about the school work of high school. I would tell myself to talk to counselors at high school and college about how to get prepared and about the placement test. I feel that would have helped me to not feel so overwhelmed. I would also tell myself how different life at college will be. I would say that the workload will be high and it will be lonely at times, but I would tell myself to not get stressed about it because it will help me to be more independent. Most of all, I would tell myself that I am making the right decision about college and my major. I would say that I will like my major and see that it is right for me.

The major thing I wish I knew was how complicated and different college would be. After I graduated high school, I thought there was plenty of time to get ready for college, but everything happened so fast. Applying for scholarships was a killer, I found out too late that I could have applied for more scholarships, but the deadline had passed. I wish I had known more about the placement test because I found out that I didn't even have to take the ACT. I wish I'd known about the large workload and little social time there was.

The worst thing about my school is the large number of students. So many people are going to my school that parking has become an issue. My school is trying to solve the problem by offering classes at another local university, but the bad economy is making the problem worse. Many people, including teachers, come to class late because of parking, which is disruptive to the education process. Many students have to resort to buses or carpooling, which are inconvenient. Students are very frustrated by it, which just adds to the stress they are under and makes college very problematic.

Jeremy

During senior year of high school, do not take the laid back classes, as they make the transition to much more advanced classes difficult. Also begin to budget your money as soon as possible, as college is very financially difficult, and can be quite disastrous if you aren't prepared. I know this sounds like a lot of responsibility to own up to during high school, but once you graduate, you are off in the real world, where no one is there to hold your hand through your hardships. The best way to prepare for life after high school is to not only arm yourself with knowledge early on in life, but to actually apply that knowledge to help you grow accustomed to life not only during college but after as well.

janeen

The first thing I would tell myself is that put your education first, second and third that all the other things you felt you had to do now will be there after your education

Any "KIND" that wants to further their education and make their life better

Muata

This a good question, one that I have thought about before, and this is what I concluded. Life's experiences are worth their weight in gold. Precious are the lessons we learn from good and bad decisions, good times and trials. Those who learn not to repeat the mistakes of others, or better still, their own, is most wise and a gem to society. I personally would not change a thing that I have experienced, for it has taught me a lot(how to love,what I want out of life ,and what I don't), however; if I could change anything, it would be the speed in which I finally learned from it. I believe test and trials will come, to show what we know, for life is a classroom, and God, the professor. Everything He allows us to go through is to show where we lack, and where we are strong, and all of His exams are to make us greater, and better help to someone else.

Nothing, really, I have not the opportunity to expirence it fully yet. So I can't really give answer to that question at this time.

This school designed with everyone in mind. From high school graduates, to the senior citizen, and every ethnic group or nationality. It allows th novice student to experience college life without the anxiety of a mega campus, and super large classrooms.

Jason

My school is educational, helpful, incredible, fun, and most of all, informative.

I would tell myself that no matter how tough it may seem, stick to school. Don't stop in the middle of a semester because you just can't take it anymore. I would tell myself that I have wonderful friends and family who support me, and who will be there for me when times get tough. That no matter what happens, stick to your work and don't stop. Life is much harder out of school, and you can make a better living by getting a degree the first time around, rather than quitting school and returning later on.

When I talk about my school with my friends, I generally like to tell them about the quality of the lessons and the hands on experiences that I am receiving. I also tell them about my professors and how they really are trying to help prepare us for our careers when we are finished with school.

Tyler

I would tell myself first and foremost to study. I would tell myself to stop fooling afround as much and start making better grades. I maintained a 3.0 in high school but looking back i could have worked harder to get higher grades. This would have opened up more scholarships and opportunities to me. Its amazing how when your in high school you dont look as much to te future and are more worried about the here and now. It;s like that with alot of things though. You dont notice them or realize what you should have done until after the time has passed you by. Of course hind sight is 20/20 but the importance of seizing the moment has never seemed so imoprtant than when your looking back on what you could of done or should of done and knowing that it directly affected where your at now in your life.

My classmates show great initiative and alot of them are a few years older returning to school to get their associate's degree

Everything at this school is what i needed. I just wanted a school where i could get my two year degree before i go on to get my bachelor's degree. I am staying pretty busy splitting time between work and school. I suppose i wish i would of known how tight money was going to be.

Alicia

Diverse, unique, fun, and educational with lots of opportunities.

Diverse, unique, fun, and educational with lots of opportunities.

When i started out at columbus state, i was a post secondary student, and going to this college really opened my eyes to the qualities of education, and the college experience. It was so much better i think then high school was, there were more collaborations amongst students and more in depth class discussions with the students during any course. The classes seemed to get more done as far as learning more in a short period of time, which also i think helped keep them from getting boring like in a high school.

If if could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, i would have advised myself to jump right into fall quarter after high school, instead of waiting for the next quarter. If i had done that not only would i have more college credit, but i would be much closer at achieving my goal to jumping into my selected career out of college. I would also advise myself to put great detail, and effort into more of my assignments, especially in english, because although i did a great job, i think i would have done much better, and succeeded even more at my writing. I would also advise myself as a senior to try and get into clubs, to be more active, make more friends, and gain even more input on others ideas about any subject, life in their eyes, and even opinions or suggestions of what i can do.

Julie

Don't wait or expect your parents to help you pay for college; find ways on your own to do it. Also find places of interest to volunteer at in order to help you make a better decision for what to major in when you get to college. If your school counselor doesn't call you into his/her office continue to bug them until they effectively help you.

I can get an American Sign Language Interpreter Asociates Degree there but there isn't any availability to become a Spanish Interpreter with an Assocoaties Degree

Kristin

There are so many things that I would love to go back in time to tell myself throughout my highschool years. If I had the opportunity to do so I would start off by telling myself to ask for help. The staff is there to help the students succeed. Don't get so defeted, just pick yourself back up and try again. It isn't easy, but it'll only be harder later. I would try to explain to myself that the opportunities after high school are so much greater if you put forth a genuine effort and try. Overall I would tell myself not to give up.

Columbus State Community College offers a wide variety of classes offered online. This works best for me because I can work, be a mom and still get an education.

Trying to get around the campus is a little confusing, probably because I do most things online so I just don't know my way around very well yet.

Kyle

CSCC gives everyone a chance to create a better life for themselves and their families.

Understand that high school teachers and administrators have your best interest at heart and know what they are talking about. They are there to help with the transition and help answer any questions you have about college. Everything teachers do, from the homework to the tests to the discipline, serves a purpose no matter how redundant the task may be. In the end you'll be more grateful for having been put through it.

Anyone who wants to better themselves and their future. No matter what your age, everyone should have the opportunity to attend college and achieve a sense of higher learning.

Columbus State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.