Columbus, OH
Columbus State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Columbus State Community College

Natasha

The two types of student: the one who will go on to do mind blowing, amazing things within their field and the one who only talks to you when they want to insult you based on whatever they see fit.

I brag about how I'm saving money. The price of Columbus State versus a state school is substantially less expensive. I also brag about how because of the decreased cost of tuition, I am able to explore more subjects and to try to figure out what I essentially want to do with my life.

Mary

A completely diverse group of people in culture, race and age who come together to affordably pursue or advance their educati...

A completely diverse group of people in culture, race and age who come together to affordably pursue or advance their education.

Affordable classes taught by industry professionals in a fully equipped facility that provides varied learning opportunities to fit anyone’s schedule and lifestyle.

What if I told you that you will spend the next 17 years working harder than your coworkers in order to prove you’re not an idiot? What if I told you that you'll get paid half what others make in identical positions? Well, that's your future if you don’t pursue your education and get a degree. Sure, you can get by without one. And maybe you are smarter than many college graduates you’ve met. But they have a ticket to a good job that proves their abilities…and all you have is your big ego. The whole “living-it-up while you're young” mentality lands people in either rehab or jail, so don’t buy into that lie. Don't even dabble. Grow up so you can have a future you will want to live full of memories you will actually remember. Think about it: “making ends meet” isn’t a goal. Being proud of what you do by using your talents, coming home to a supporting family, and being financially secure are all goals. You can have these things and more if you don’t hesitate. Get up, grow up, and go up.

Madison

Hey kid, get your head in the game! You need to be applying for scholarships and coming up with a financial plan to pay for college right now. Graduation is right around the corner, and time is running out. You know it's expensive, so why not do something about it? You have all the resources in front of you, just apply yourself! Trust me, you will thank yourself later. But all this stress about the financials is going to be worth it! You are going spend the best years of your life in college; you'll make friendships that you will take with you for the rest of your life and learn the important skills that will eventually land you your dream job. However, you have so much to learn, not only academically, but about yourself! In college you can be anybody you want to be and people will accept you for who you are. In addition, you will meet all kinds of people from all walks of life, and along the way you will discover your own personal identity. Enjoy the ride but be prepared to test your limits and don't forget to challenge yourself every day.

You get what you pay for. The classes are cheap but they are not that engaging.

XIAOLU

In my opinion, CSCC is best known for its specialty of teaching languages, especially English for whoever learns it as a second language. To be more specific, I used to scare English writing, for the pressure from over-expectation of superior polishment from high school teachers. Yet, my instructor in CSCC, who tutors me composition, arouses my interest in writing through relaxing ways. For instance, she taught us brainstorming through drawing and talking. Thus when I'm writing an essay now, I feel I'm expressing myself rather than loading some fancy phrases.

If I got the opportunity to go back and stand in front of "me", I would tell her: You will definitely have a share of goals, losses and triumphs before or right in college. Life would get more difficult if you lack of independence. Moreover, without the knowledge of rules, such as the criteria for your college entrance, ahead of time, you would be like a soilder who entered the battle field with ignorance, in wait to get shot. So you should armour yourself ahead of time. In another word, y no matter what catastrophes you ought to be faced with, I shall never give up my hope, given it's the easiest to lose and the hardest to survive without. I have few friends, but all are the good ones. I was forced to delay my college years due to the immigration and financial stuff, but I gained a longer transitional period for me to well-prepare until I could enter my real battle as a stronger warrior. It's my faith that I will never lose again.

Having enrolled in ESL, I wish I could realize my misconception in learning English, especially writing, in order to directly begin my general education courses. I've spent several years busy self-preparing for SAT and TOEFL. I substantially focused on vocabulary, trying to memorize the "big words". However, now I know it incorrect since I overlooked the importance of reading. Reading is the key to open the door of a new way of expression. To read, is to immerse into the vivid English world. Perhaps in this way, I would be more capable and start my favorite major now.

Danielle

A lot of people from my high school looked down on community college because it can be ignorantly stereotyped to have a less academic value compared to a four year university. Therefore, I believe this makes student take less pride in my school. That is definitely something that should be changed.

Someone who shouldn’t attend Columbus State is someone who doesn’t appreciate the financial benefits of community college, that means, trying their best academically with this opportunity.

Abbey

The best thing about my school is the opportunities it provides. First, the tuition is low which gives a lot of low income people, including myself, hope of attending college. Also, transfering to another school is made simpler through the prefered pathways program.

The location is quite a distance away from where i live and it can be difficult to find where you are supposed to be going because of one ways streets and traffic.

Laurie

I would definitely tell my younger self to never give up on education; to go to college. Even though family is important, so is an education that a college can provide. I would emphasize to not wait till future children are out of school to start college. The time is NOW, not later! Lastly, I would tell my younger self that she is not stupid and will do very well in furthering her education. It’s worth the time, effort, and expense. I would tell my younger self she IS worth it!

A person that shouldn't attend this college is one that doesn't want to work for an "A" or "B".

I brag that it is never too late to go to college and I'm living proof.

Jesse

DUDE! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? These kids you're haning out with aren't worth it. Stop cutting class, stop focusing on your work and focus on High School! One day you're going to want to be in the Ohio State marching band and your skill will let you, but you will have to work a full time job because you're living on your own. Get scholarships now so you can afford to go to college! Get your grades together and focus on what you can learn this year! Anything you can learn will save you hundreds of dollars and hours!

The price! With my pel grants I will be able to go get my associates degree without needing to take out any loans! It's truley a godsend

I wish I would have known that they only offer technical degrees in computer science and not a traditional comp sci bachelors degree.

Alexandra

When I was a senior in high school, my life fell apart. My mom lost her job, we were having huge money problems, and I had fallen into a deep depression by the end. If I could go back, I would tell myself that college will be the best thing that I could ask for, and just to not lose hope. The next few months will be rough, but you will pick yourself up. When you get to Saginaw Valley (my first university), go into it with eyes wide open, and take care of yourself. Don't be as judgemental with people (including your roommates), and don't be afraid of classes. You will be a great student, but really consider getting tested for ADD early. It will save you a lot of pain. Be yourself, you will eventually find your group of friends in unexpected places. Great things will happen to you in the next few years. I know things are looking bleak right now. Trust me, I've literally been there. These few years have been hell. But listen to me when I tell you, you will be a stronger person at the other end of this journey.

Its a depressing looking community college, and I'm here only to finish up my gen eds.

The amount of attention professors give each individual student.

Eddie

I would tell myslef this: "Hey, I know you don't have a father figure around, zero friends because you moved, and you are not pushed at all to reach your full potential, but I am here to be that father fugure and tell you that in about 4 years from now, you will be getting A's in Calculus so this 'D 'that you got in geometry does not fit with what I know you are capable of. High-school should be 'easy as cake' for you right now; all you need to do is study. If you don't take my advice, then in 4 years from now you will be acing Calc. and other courses, but unlike the education you are getting now, it will not be free and you will be in thousands of dollars in debt! Be mentally tough and push through the lonliness in order to get scholarship money upon graduation becasue that is the time when the greater lump sums of money are offered towards your education if your gpa is high. Good luck and stay positive!"

I wish I had known what my major was going to be; now I know.

THe most frustrating thing about my school is the fact that advisors are not helpful at all. On many occaisons I have taken courses I didn't need to and as a result, my progress isn't movin at the rate I had hoped for.

Columbus State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.