Columbus State Community College

« See more reviews of Columbus State Community College

The worst thing about my school is the large number of students. So many people are going to my school that parking has become an issue. My school is trying to solve the problem by offering classes at another local university, but the bad economy is making the problem worse. Many people, including teachers, come to class late because of parking, which is disruptive to the education process. Many students have to resort to buses or carpooling, which are inconvenient. Students are very frustrated by it, which just adds to the stress they are under and makes college very problematic.

I beleive the worst thing about Columbus state Community College is the student parking available! The attendence rate as increased considerably over the past few years and the alotted parking has not, therefore resulting in near traffic jams in the parking lots while students attempt to find somewhere to park. I also believe that upon enrollment the advisors could do a better job on informing students about the processes that they must take to get completly enrolled and financial aide rolling, as it can be kind of a confusing process at first.

The worst thing about this school is that it is not an on-campus site to where students can just roll out of bed and go to class but they do offer nearby apartments to students. I dislike that my school is so huge that we don't carry eough security on campus for women that are walking to their cars who need assistance from criminals and rapist. However, I find this school would be one that I can see any student who can't afford a private college or school alone loving to guiide them to their successful careers.

The worst thing about my current school is the record breaking student population. This has made it so scheduling meetings with advisors is the only way to get them alone for any amount of time. It makes scheduling classes a cut throat competition in which I must enroll within the first day or two that I can. As a result, I have made efforts schedule all of my classes at an off campus location and have mapped my way through this community college by my own individual means.

The worst thing about CSCC is that a lot of times the instructors are really just glorified high school teachers. These instructors treat adult students like teenagers and show little consideration for one's commitments to work and family, not just school. In addition, this type of instructor is known to have be unfamiliar with new technology and the wonders of powerpoint lectures.

The worst thing about Columbus State Community College is that students are unable to obtain a four year degree. When you can obtain an education from a school that offers affordable tuition, small classes, state of the art resources, and a fun atmosphere, it?s a shame you have to go elsewhere to obtain a bachelors degree. Aside from that parking can be a challenge from time to time.

Well I am not one to complain about something that has been given to me as an opportunity to better myself. I really do not have anything to complain about except maybe that we need more classes availiable online as well as maybe a few more parking places. Other than the things that I have mentioned I do not have any problems with my school.

The worst thing about college is trying to get use to being in school, my time managing skills and getting more organized. I have gotten better with my timing by spacing out my classes and also allowing more study time in the day. I now organize my papers by note, homework assignments and reports. In doing doing that I am more organized.

You can choose one class up to a maximum of four classes at a time. It's nice for students that want to take it slow, or adults that want to complete their degree, but for students that want to get a good full education, it's hard because classes are limited and selective. Prices per credit are quite expensive as well.

I think the worst part of school is the parking and class availabilty. It is hard to find parking because we are a community college with almost 35,000 students since more people are returning to school. Classes are also only available certain quarters and times which is not always flexible for the student.