Monaca, PA
Community College of Beaver County

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Community College of Beaver County

Mariah

I think that CCBC is an easier start to get students ready for the world. There are many services here for the students that are free. They are very good at letting us know about emergencies through the rave alert system. I enjoy how helpful this school is to us students.

While I don't see much of the main campus because I go to the Aviation Center for my studies, I do know that there is tons of stuff that students have access to. I love that CCBC has the Aviation Academy program that allows high school students to get a head start on their careers. It really shows just how much the college is looking out for the younger generation in the surrounding communities. With the program, I will earn an associate's degree one year ahead of schedule, putting my on track for a bright future.

anthony

Couldn't ask for a more affordable college . I thought I was going to struggle adjusting from military all the way to the student life, but the professors were really helpful in the beginning and they made sure every student understood the material of the day.

Maria

It's a beautiful college!

It's a beautiful college!

Brianne

When there is a problem the students and instructors can treat each other with some hostitility and disrespect . it is not handled in an adult manor it is childlike. otherwise the campus itself is nice and the staff and students seem friendly and helpful.

I would tell my high school self to believe. I never believed that I could go to a large university and succeed, because so many people told me I could not. Overall, community college was not good for me, because it hindered me. I would tell myself to apply to a dream college and set my standards high.

I do not generally brag about my school. However, I am proud of the grades I have acheived, and the artwork I have created.

Jesse

I would tell myself to take some time and really think about all that is involved in the career path you chose. That the things you think will never change will change and that nothing is constant. Seriously think about the future past your early 20's. Because time really is a fleeting thing. Think about what happens after you graduate and your potentials families future. At the same time you shouldn't let yourself be overwhelmed with the distant future and forget about the present and the near future. When someone asks you where do you see yourself in 2 years find out an answer. Don't just coast through life expecting things to be done for you. You have to be the one to get up and do them. Consider the financial position school will put you in when you assume your debts. But above all else believe in yourself. You need to trust in yourself and your decesions and not simply accept what other people think is right for you. You're a smart person and you're capeable of standing on your own but only you can take those steps.

Someone who wants to get their feet wet in whatever field of study they are pursuing but are unsure of what they want to do. Students who know exactly what they want to do but would like to save on tuition before moving on to a larger university.

Someone looking for strong advisors in the Digital Media Design field. Do not expect to be helped along the way. If you are not a part of the "in" crowd you will feel alienated. There is minimal advision in direction of education per student. Students are expected to apply for internships in a field where you need to know someone to even start to look. Class schedule advisors are incompetent. I was personall schedulued in the same class with a different course code in two seperate semester.

James

The most frustrating thing about CCBC is with the computer related courses I take especially since we are a Cisco Academy they do not offer certification vouchers as some community colleges do. A lot of our courses are based around many different certifications with just a little more studying we could have multiple certifications which in this field a lot of times are required. It would be nice even if it was included in the price of admission.

James you need to buckle down and get yourself into college. Life is no fun when your not making much money. Sure you have gained a lot of skills that come in use in life but you need to get things right and get into college. You are smart enough and will eventually do it. To be honest with you James college is not as difficult as people make it seem to be when you have the ability to learn anything. You will do fine and your life will be better off, there are going to be many things in life you will miss out on in life by not having the money. You will need to learn to control your goofiness and learn how not to be a clown, but you can do it. You need to get into the computer networking field thats where you will be happy at in the future. That is where the money will be in the future.. So get to it and enjoy yourself and I will see you in 23 years.

Alexa

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, with the knowledge I have gained so far from college, I would give myself the advice to not care what others think. Many in high school are so caught up with what others think of them that they hide who they truly are, and sometimes do not even find out who they really are until they get to college. I would also warn myself to not follow in others footsteps, such as my parents or friends, to become more of a leader and do things for me. I often found myself only trying things because of my peers around me, not because I wanted to. This is one of my biggest regrets in high school, as if I would have choose differently, I might have found my passion and true calling in life early on instead of stressing most of my high school career. With this advice I would be far more successful by now and would have also met many of the goals I am just now setting and beginning to achieve.

When telling my friends about my school, I brag about how small the campus is, and also how cheap the tuition is.

Students at the Comminity College of Beaver County are all very friendly and helpful.

Tamiko

I would advise myself to make informed decision about a career or major that best fits with my personality, don't go after money. I would also advise myself to focused and committed in classroom instruction, only take as many credits that i could handle without jeopardizing my GPA and the knowledge being given by the professors. I would advise myself to take time and do research to find an institution that would best suit my needs, also to get all the grants, scholarships, that's available to avoid paying back large amounts of student loans. Overall i would advise myself that the race is not given to the swift, but the one that endures to the end, take my time and work hard, the reward is greater

is close to my home..and is cheaper than a four year instutution

a person that doesn't have his or her mind made up.. counselors not very helpful..

Community College of Beaver County administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.