Denver, CO
Community College of Denver

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Community College of Denver

Olivia

Busy. People go here to focus on school, not meeting people and making friends.

Busy. People go here to focus on school, not meeting people and making friends.

It depends on the class. In more active classes, everyone is more socialable but in less active class, people keep to themselves and aren't outgoing.

My advice would be to explore more options for colleges and pick something that would fit perfectly instead of something could work. I had only applied to colleges in Colorado until a college in Wisconsin recruited me to go to they're school. I was so in love with the idea that they recruited me that I fell blind to the fact that no matter how hard I tried, the school didn't fit my needs for academics. I transferred to Community College of Denver last minute because of this (as well as financial reasons) and am planning on transferring Colorado State University in the Spring of 2012. I wish I had made the decision based off the overall package instead of the molding my needs to fit a college that would not work for me.

To chose which school I go into wisely. And to not belittle myself becuase I did not think I was good enough to pursue my passion, I would tell myself I am capable of doing anything I set my mind to. And to not let past experiences blur my mind and get in the way of me pursuing my passion.

I wish I would've known to better accomodate my living situation, having a full time job and going to school full time as well is a very hard situation. And it also stresses me out about studying and being too tired to go to class. I should've prepared myself more by having a room mate or something else so the stress would'nt be so intense for me.

Anyone who wants to be the best they can be should go to this school. If you have a certain goal you want to reach and you want to recieve a higher education, this school is perfect for you. No one should be denied a higher education.

Michelle

CSU is a large college with a beautiful campus. There are local mountains close by that allow you to embrace you outdoors spirit: hiking, biking, running, tubbing, water skiing, etc. It is a beautiful college town with many perminant residents who love the area. The teachers are all very motivating and love their jobs. There are many on and off campus activities and clubs to get involoved with. CCD is with 3 other campuses in the middle of downtown Denver. It is extremely confusing to find your way around with many students and limited parking.

I attended Colorado State University for 4 years and am now completing online pre-reqs at Community College of Denver for nursing school. CSU's students were highly motivated, ethnically diverse students. The students in my classes had high expectations for themselves as well as the professors, which were met with enthusiasm. They were friendly and always willing to help. The students in my Online Classes at CCD seemed to be unorganized and unwilling to put a lot of effort towards assignments and coherant responses to discussion boards.

Moving from your comfort zone to a new town with new people can be very exciting, but can also be a stressful and emotional journey. Being prepared for your new surroundings will be very important! If you live far from campus, it will be wise to get a reliable bicycle. Even if you have a car, a bicycle in a college town is a staple item! Even if you are almost certain what your major will be, make sure to keep your general education classes as general as possible; if you have to take a psychology course, take Intro to Psychology! Try to avoid taking too highly specified of a course as you may run into problems if you change your major or continue your education (i.e. Masters degree, second Bachelors degree, etc.)! The most important advice I would give is to study hard ESPECIALLY when you are a freshman and sophomore. Do not blow off your "easy courses," getting an "A" in these classes will really boost your overall GPA and give you a little cushion room when you have courses that are extremely difficult. Have fun! Make friendships that will last a lifetime!

Aaron

The Community College of Denver to many people can be decribed as a aesthetic collage, that in many ways animates the lives of many.

Having the chance to go back into my senior year and talking to myself I would definately tell myself to get better at multi-tasking with things like work, school, socializing and, sports. I would also tell myself to work on my shot for soccer (these older guys are amazing). The final thing I would tell myself is to enjoy my final year and slow down. I've been prepared and there isn't a need to stress over the little things in life that you have no control over.

When thinking of College many people think of the bigger Universities and tough programs but I would have to say when I tell people of CCD I say this college is fast paced and can definately leave many people in its wake, unlike the slow paced styles of bigger Universities CCD's is fun, fast paced, and is applicable to real life situations

Katia

My classmates are all mature struggling people that are simply trying to better themselves in this tough world.

My school is unique because it is extremely convinient for someone who lives in the greater Denver area and it has numerous different opportunities for someone who is trying to figure out where they are headed.

If i could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, the advise i would give myself is simply "realise that life is full of struggle and those that are continuing their education are some of the bravest people out there". Coming from a small town where origionality is very difficult to master; i have found that going to college has opened up my eyes to the fact that there are thousands of different people out there that are just trying to make it in this world. Meeting a single mom, with a full time job, and who is a full time student makes me realise that bravery comes in many different forms. The college campus is filled with pure struggle and unstoppable will to go on.

Christine

If I could go back to just before I started college and give my little self some advice, I could talk for hours on which teachers are nice and what classes are going to be easy and so forth. However, if I had to pick just one topic to talk about while I was there, I'd tell myself to not stress out so much. I would say 'Hey, just give the teachers the respect they deserve by listening to them and paying them due attention; you'll get by just fine. As long as you're putting forth the effort that your future deserves, the classes will be easy as pie. So just don't stress out over your assignments. Just listen and give it your very best. You'll do fine. '

Somebody who needs a great deal of one-on-one attention shouldn't attend here. The professors have many classes that they teach and most of the classes are full to capacity; there just isn't time to sit down with you and walk you through your problems step-by-step. Also, people who are adverse to crowds of people shouldn't attend.

The most frustrating thing about CCD would be the fact there's a lot of students in the classes and around on campus. At the beginning of semester, it's really hard to get around without bumping into people and many of the classrooms don't have enough desks. After census date, though, the classes thin down and it's pretty nice.

robert

i've been out of school nearly ten years, so the first thing i would tell myself if i could go back in time would b not to wait so long. to go to college, no matter what u are going through. college is a great life experence.

the mix of people of diffents races and cultures give a person perspective of the real world

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that I shouldn't wait for my kids to get older to go to school. I should have started right out of high school. I would have been done by now if I had started then, and I would have gotten better scores on my placements tests, so I would have needed less classes. I also would have told myself that transitioning into college isn't as bad as I though.

I feel like I have to take several classes that are not necassary to the career that I am pursueing.

It can take a really long time to see an advisor, so even if I only have a few simple questions, I have to wait for several hours to talk with someone.

yahaira

If I could go back in time I would first tell myself to not worry about the transition from high school to college that everything will be good you get to meet more people and experience new things. Second I would tell myself to study more that when teachers tell you that college is not easy they are not lying but as long as you pay attention and do all your work you can make it. I would also tell myself to try harder and make sure not to give up on anything because you can make it. Good luck with everything.

I think that the best thing about my school is that it has small class size and teachers pay more attention to you.

Alicia

I would have started off by reminding myself that education is the best tool necessary in success. To be a successful person, a successful member of the community, and a successful family member. I would have also told my high school self that change is good and that transitions happen reguarly in life, to take it as the next step and to roll with the punches. Everyone can attend college and transitioning straight into it would be easier than doing it ten years down the road. All lessons are learned through life, but armed with the proper education we can take and learn those lessons the first time. Another good word of advice to my high school self would be to stand up for what I believe in and take the road less traveled. To reach for my goals and not listen to the "nay-sayers," and surround myself with people who are also following their dreams. With the support of them it will make the road a little less bumpy. And most of all, Be Yourself. There is no one else in the world who is you....Be proud of that.

The diversity! All people from all walks of life attend CCD. Young and old are all treated equally and the classrooms are filled with every different color, age, and background. It really is great to be surrounded by different people to make friends with and learn with.

The classrooms need some work in them as they are a bit old. Some renovations on the floors and walls are in order to give it a nice and warm inviting feeling.

Community College of Denver administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.