Denver, CO
Community College of Denver

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Community College of Denver

yahaira

If I could go back in time I would first tell myself to not worry about the transition from high school to college that everything will be good you get to meet more people and experience new things. Second I would tell myself to study more that when teachers tell you that college is not easy they are not lying but as long as you pay attention and do all your work you can make it. I would also tell myself to try harder and make sure not to give up on anything because you can make it. Good luck with everything.

I think that the best thing about my school is that it has small class size and teachers pay more attention to you.

Alicia

I would have started off by reminding myself that education is the best tool necessary in success. To be a successful person, a successful member of the community, and a successful family member. I would have also told my high school self that change is good and that transitions happen reguarly in life, to take it as the next step and to roll with the punches. Everyone can attend college and transitioning straight into it would be easier than doing it ten years down the road. All lessons are learned through life, but armed with the proper education we can take and learn those lessons the first time. Another good word of advice to my high school self would be to stand up for what I believe in and take the road less traveled. To reach for my goals and not listen to the "nay-sayers," and surround myself with people who are also following their dreams. With the support of them it will make the road a little less bumpy. And most of all, Be Yourself. There is no one else in the world who is you....Be proud of that.

The diversity! All people from all walks of life attend CCD. Young and old are all treated equally and the classrooms are filled with every different color, age, and background. It really is great to be surrounded by different people to make friends with and learn with.

The classrooms need some work in them as they are a bit old. Some renovations on the floors and walls are in order to give it a nice and warm inviting feeling.

Stewart

Basically a school full of opportunities because it's located right next to all these other superb colleges.

The classmates in this school are just as diverse as the numbers in a lotto machine, everybody is laid back though and it's a learning environment in which everyone pushes you because the people care. To elaborate, everyone is just individual, it inspires me a lot.

I would tell myself to actually think about what I was doing, because I didn't decide to go to college until about a week before I actually had a class. The process is a lot more difficult then it is and you could be done sooner than you think. Talk to adviser's and pick a path to stay on as far as major's go. As of now I'm still in Community College about to complete my third year with no degree. I could probably get whatever Associate's that I wanted but the thing is I didn't know what. So I gues in short I would tell myself to find what makes me happy and find how to make a career about it, and stop wasting so much time. Get involved with college, because believe it or not people are there to help you, not just because they're getting paid.

******

I am in school with the best group of students anyone might imagine, as we all work great together and help each other out with everything from moving to schoolwork to emotional support.

Hey Angie, you are on the right track. The Air Force is a great option for you at this point in your life. Anyone who volunteers to fight for this country should be commended and your four years of service is remarkable. As far as your dream to be a Dental Hygienist, go for it! Don't worry about the financials. Apply for as many grants and scholarships as you can, and use federal student loans for the remainder. Money should never be a barrier for anyone to pursue further education. Your desire to work in the dental field and help people is awesome, and every student should be motivated by your desire to serve the public, especially those in financial need. Definitely participate in "Colorado Mission of Mercy" - you will be amazed at the outpouring of love and support that flows through the people who organize and work this incredible mission for those in extreme need. Every bit of caring work is volunteered by local Dentists, Assistants, and Hygienists, as well as non-medical volunteers. This past year, when I first participated, was so moving for me, I can't describe in words the feelings I experienced. Do it!

The downtown campus is where the financial aid office is located, and navigating the campus is a disaster. Downtown is so busy and there is very little parking available. Also, there isn't a physical address for the financial aid office, just a building number.

Frank

My classmates are also my good friends.

My classmates are also my good friends.

My advice to my highschool-senior self would be to focus on my post college life. I would try to convince my self to set attainable longterm goals and begin to work toward them from that point. Also explaining that simply going through the academic proccess and completing school won't be enough in the future. I would explain that planning and excelling beyond standard expectation is key in ensuring success, educationally and later financially.

The worst thing about the school is actually not that bad. It's the enrollment proccess. You spend quite a bit pf time scrambling for personal information.

Madelaine

The first advice i would give myself would be to relax! When i was a senior teachers and other students made college seem like one of the most stressfull times in ones life. The experience has been all the contrary to me. I would also tell myself to not plan out the next four to five years of my life. College is a time to make many different choices about life which will most likely change your plans more than twice. Another piece of advice i would give myself would be to learn to take as many learning or working opportunities as possible. Internships and volunteering is always a great way to get your mind away from school and stress, and also serves as a way to network or even make friends with different people in your community. Finally i would tell myself that college life is what you make of it and to really enjoy it you have to remember that you must make school a priority before anything else. When school related tasks are finished everything else seems alot easier and enjoyable.

that many students, and some teachers, do not take the academics seriously because the classes are through a community college.

someone who needs a more financialy appropriate form of education, someone returning to school, or someone who is fairly undecided in what to do with their education.

Whitney

Everyone says to make the most of your senior year of high school and live life to the fullest. I don?t disagree with this but I do think there is more to it than that. Having taken a difficult load of classes my senior year, I felt like I was more prepared for the expectations that college held compared to some of my friends that chose to take fewer, easier classes. After finishing three years of college now, I have learned that college is a lot more difficult than high school because no one makes you try; it?s up to you to have the desire to succeed. Maintaining focus and discipline throughout your senior year will help develop good habits that will make it easier to achieve your goals in college without worrying about having to relearn things you would have learned by putting more into your last year of high school. My advice is to take advantage of high school, not just because it?s easier, but because it?s your last chance to have someone to help push you through the difficulties of learning that will make you a better student and person in the end.

While the Community College of Denver offers many great opportunnities, I think that the best thing about the school is how flexible they are. There are many options avaliable to students who want to attend classes downtown or at another campus, or for those students who cannot attend but are able to take online classes. There are a wide variety of classes avaliable in all areas of study that make it easy for a student to decide on a path of study or for someone to take classes to continue a previous education.

The good thing about attending a Community College is the fact that anyone who wants to attend there can. Every person from every lifestyle can attend and can find a place to fit in. I think that anyone who has a desire to further their education beyond high school could attend here. The only thing that would prevent someone from enjoying an education from Denver's Community College would be the lack of desire to learn and out effort into their work or someone who has found a job, career, or lifestyle that does not involve taking more educational courses.

My school is cheaper and the staff is amazing. I also share a campus with two four year colleges so you get the same experiance that you would if you went to a regular four year school.

If I could go back in time and talk to my self in my senior year of college I would tell myself "you made the right choice." I am an early graduate from high school. I never truly had a senior year of high school. One of my biggest worries after graduating was that I made the wrong choice and should have stayed for that final year. I would have also said that " In order to succeed you need to just simply believe in the facts and knowledge that you have." I have a huge problem with low confidence issues. This fact leads me to face a lot of hardships and failures in school. If I could go back and talk to my senior self this is exactly what I would have said to help me succeed in my first semester in college.

I love to tell my friends that my school is cheaper than most, also that it shares a campus with two four year colleges so if you ever want to transfer you can stay on the same campus.

Carolyn

Walking into that classroom of twenty-five plus students is overwhelming. But, as long as your head is held high and you keep telling yourself? How will what I do in 10 minutes, 10 months, or even 10 years? affect my life, you will be fine. I believe what I know now would have helped a little. If I could go back in time, I would have changed just a little bit; like setting short and long term goals in advance. You need to set these goals so you can watch your progress and keep yourself on track. College is an expense that needs to be planned out. I would tell myself to use any extra money I have toward the goals. I would suggest opening a saving account just for college; having this account started before I felt home will benefit me in the long run. I would inform myself the process in which I should take to mentally prepare myself for this exciting journey. But, changing too much would have changed how I have turned out, and who I am now. The creative, upbeat, loving, smart person I am only comes from the mistakes I have learned from.

There is a lot to learn in general. When I decided to start my education with Community College of Denver I was not aware on the accuplacer assessment test. This test is something the colleges do to determine where to place you. There are 3 parts to the test Math, writing and reading also, there is a study guide which you can request which at the time I was unaware of this. So my advice to anyone who starts college I would request the study guide before you take the test.

This college is for anyone looking to get their feet wet or just haven?t decided on what they want to do yet. I believe a community college is a great way to start for anyone that has been away from schooling for so long and would like the tools to get back in the school setting.

Cheryl

Don't give up or in to, the negative entities in your life. You can achieve all things through Christ that strengthens you. When challenge as to why you are doing something don't take it as negative feedback, look at it as a challenge to succeed. Don't let life happenings steer you away from achieving your goal of a higher education but it is never too late to learn.

A person who cannot self-motivate, should not attend. This college forces you to use your own ability to advance and map your path to where you want to go in life.

I have not yet encounter something I am frustrated about this college.

Community College of Denver administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.