Denver, CO
Community College of Denver

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Community College of Denver

Additional Loan Options

Aaron

The Community College of Denver to many people can be decribed as a aesthetic collage, that in many ways animates the lives of many.

Having the chance to go back into my senior year and talking to myself I would definately tell myself to get better at multi-tasking with things like work, school, socializing and, sports. I would also tell myself to work on my shot for soccer (these older guys are amazing). The final thing I would tell myself is to enjoy my final year and slow down. I've been prepared and there isn't a need to stress over the little things in life that you have no control over.

When thinking of College many people think of the bigger Universities and tough programs but I would have to say when I tell people of CCD I say this college is fast paced and can definately leave many people in its wake, unlike the slow paced styles of bigger Universities CCD's is fun, fast paced, and is applicable to real life situations

Katia

My classmates are all mature struggling people that are simply trying to better themselves in this tough world.

My school is unique because it is extremely convinient for someone who lives in the greater Denver area and it has numerous different opportunities for someone who is trying to figure out where they are headed.

If i could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, the advise i would give myself is simply "realise that life is full of struggle and those that are continuing their education are some of the bravest people out there". Coming from a small town where origionality is very difficult to master; i have found that going to college has opened up my eyes to the fact that there are thousands of different people out there that are just trying to make it in this world. Meeting a single mom, with a full time job, and who is a full time student makes me realise that bravery comes in many different forms. The college campus is filled with pure struggle and unstoppable will to go on.

Christine

If I could go back to just before I started college and give my little self some advice, I could talk for hours on which teachers are nice and what classes are going to be easy and so forth. However, if I had to pick just one topic to talk about while I was there, I'd tell myself to not stress out so much. I would say 'Hey, just give the teachers the respect they deserve by listening to them and paying them due attention; you'll get by just fine. As long as you're putting forth the effort that your future deserves, the classes will be easy as pie. So just don't stress out over your assignments. Just listen and give it your very best. You'll do fine. '

Somebody who needs a great deal of one-on-one attention shouldn't attend here. The professors have many classes that they teach and most of the classes are full to capacity; there just isn't time to sit down with you and walk you through your problems step-by-step. Also, people who are adverse to crowds of people shouldn't attend.

The most frustrating thing about CCD would be the fact there's a lot of students in the classes and around on campus. At the beginning of semester, it's really hard to get around without bumping into people and many of the classrooms don't have enough desks. After census date, though, the classes thin down and it's pretty nice.

robert

i've been out of school nearly ten years, so the first thing i would tell myself if i could go back in time would b not to wait so long. to go to college, no matter what u are going through. college is a great life experence.

the mix of people of diffents races and cultures give a person perspective of the real world

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that I shouldn't wait for my kids to get older to go to school. I should have started right out of high school. I would have been done by now if I had started then, and I would have gotten better scores on my placements tests, so I would have needed less classes. I also would have told myself that transitioning into college isn't as bad as I though.

I feel like I have to take several classes that are not necassary to the career that I am pursueing.

It can take a really long time to see an advisor, so even if I only have a few simple questions, I have to wait for several hours to talk with someone.

yahaira

If I could go back in time I would first tell myself to not worry about the transition from high school to college that everything will be good you get to meet more people and experience new things. Second I would tell myself to study more that when teachers tell you that college is not easy they are not lying but as long as you pay attention and do all your work you can make it. I would also tell myself to try harder and make sure not to give up on anything because you can make it. Good luck with everything.

I think that the best thing about my school is that it has small class size and teachers pay more attention to you.

Alicia

I would have started off by reminding myself that education is the best tool necessary in success. To be a successful person, a successful member of the community, and a successful family member. I would have also told my high school self that change is good and that transitions happen reguarly in life, to take it as the next step and to roll with the punches. Everyone can attend college and transitioning straight into it would be easier than doing it ten years down the road. All lessons are learned through life, but armed with the proper education we can take and learn those lessons the first time. Another good word of advice to my high school self would be to stand up for what I believe in and take the road less traveled. To reach for my goals and not listen to the "nay-sayers," and surround myself with people who are also following their dreams. With the support of them it will make the road a little less bumpy. And most of all, Be Yourself. There is no one else in the world who is you....Be proud of that.

The diversity! All people from all walks of life attend CCD. Young and old are all treated equally and the classrooms are filled with every different color, age, and background. It really is great to be surrounded by different people to make friends with and learn with.

The classrooms need some work in them as they are a bit old. Some renovations on the floors and walls are in order to give it a nice and warm inviting feeling.

Stewart

Basically a school full of opportunities because it's located right next to all these other superb colleges.

The classmates in this school are just as diverse as the numbers in a lotto machine, everybody is laid back though and it's a learning environment in which everyone pushes you because the people care. To elaborate, everyone is just individual, it inspires me a lot.

I would tell myself to actually think about what I was doing, because I didn't decide to go to college until about a week before I actually had a class. The process is a lot more difficult then it is and you could be done sooner than you think. Talk to adviser's and pick a path to stay on as far as major's go. As of now I'm still in Community College about to complete my third year with no degree. I could probably get whatever Associate's that I wanted but the thing is I didn't know what. So I gues in short I would tell myself to find what makes me happy and find how to make a career about it, and stop wasting so much time. Get involved with college, because believe it or not people are there to help you, not just because they're getting paid.

******

I am in school with the best group of students anyone might imagine, as we all work great together and help each other out with everything from moving to schoolwork to emotional support.

Hey Angie, you are on the right track. The Air Force is a great option for you at this point in your life. Anyone who volunteers to fight for this country should be commended and your four years of service is remarkable. As far as your dream to be a Dental Hygienist, go for it! Don't worry about the financials. Apply for as many grants and scholarships as you can, and use federal student loans for the remainder. Money should never be a barrier for anyone to pursue further education. Your desire to work in the dental field and help people is awesome, and every student should be motivated by your desire to serve the public, especially those in financial need. Definitely participate in "Colorado Mission of Mercy" - you will be amazed at the outpouring of love and support that flows through the people who organize and work this incredible mission for those in extreme need. Every bit of caring work is volunteered by local Dentists, Assistants, and Hygienists, as well as non-medical volunteers. This past year, when I first participated, was so moving for me, I can't describe in words the feelings I experienced. Do it!

The downtown campus is where the financial aid office is located, and navigating the campus is a disaster. Downtown is so busy and there is very little parking available. Also, there isn't a physical address for the financial aid office, just a building number.

Frank

My classmates are also my good friends.

My classmates are also my good friends.

My advice to my highschool-senior self would be to focus on my post college life. I would try to convince my self to set attainable longterm goals and begin to work toward them from that point. Also explaining that simply going through the academic proccess and completing school won't be enough in the future. I would explain that planning and excelling beyond standard expectation is key in ensuring success, educationally and later financially.

The worst thing about the school is actually not that bad. It's the enrollment proccess. You spend quite a bit pf time scrambling for personal information.

Community College of Denver administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.