Community College of Denver Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Community College of Denver

I love going to school at the Community College of Denver. The campus is awesome. I love and adore all of the teachers that I have had. Unfortunately the advising department is lacking. I ended up advising my way through school. The financial aid department can also be incredibly unhelpful.

Damon

Community College of Denver on its own isn't a super impressive school but they definitely have a great campus environment and a lot of extracurricular clubs and activities thanks to the fact that the campus is shared with CU Denver and MSU. The classes are fine and many of the teachers do a great job, however.

Victoria

If you want to have the same classes as universities and pay much less, this is the place to go and we still have the university experience on campus. The professors are almost the same that teach at CU Denver and MSU. Being a community college they dont do 4 year majors but sure theyll help you with te transfer agreements they have with several univeristys around the state.

oscar

It’s a good institution, the building isn’t the best, but the professors are great. Their main priority is to help you succeed. Have been enrolled in this collage for one year I transfer from Metropolitan State University of Denver, its definitely an upgrade.

Mindy

Enrolling in CCD was not easy as there are not many people to direct you in next steps. You almost have to wait for a hold to pop up on your account to know what's going on. After you are enrolled, IF you know your major, it's best to see advisors in that particular department instead of seeing the school advisors. If you are resourceful and seek out the help you need, you'll do great as there is an abundance of resources and help. If you are shy, you will likely get extremely frustrated with the lack of communication and notifications from the school.

Leticia

I absolutely love this college! My teachers, tutors, and classmates are all wonderful individuals with great skill and insight.

Isaiah

Class sizes are perfect and the environment is friendly and peaceful. Teachers are knowledgeable, but can be vague at times. Need easier access to information such as clubs and other activities. The homework and classwork load is easy to maintain and manage.

Desiree

The teachers are great! There are events regular events if you want to participate. Share a campus with two universities so there are excellent resources! Downtown Denver is a block from campus so you really do experience the city life.lent resources!

I enjoy attending the Community College of Denver. It is definitely an opened armed school meaning that they want you to succeed at the college and see you do well. There is someone to talk to if you don't feel comfortable where you're at. As for the campus itself, I took night classes and walking around campus at night is actually pretty creepy, but there is police and the "night rider" available to students on campus.

Deshina

I like the diversity. I like how there are many programs and degrees to choose from. I like how flexible the classes are and how invested the teachers are in their jobs. I like how the campus is housed near places to eat. I like how tie inside structures show hoe dedicated the school is to giving you a great experience.

Frank

I worked for a IBM reseller for over 14 years and wanted to further my education by going back to school to receive a few certificates. I did receive a Computer Service/Support Certificate, Computer Technology Certificate, and a Network Security Certificate all in 2016. I enjoyed going to CCD so much, I decided to continue my education by studying and passing the Comptia A+ Certification and preparing to receive an AAS in Information Technology in fall 2017. What a great experience! I wish I could have come to CCD earlier in my life.

Muhoza

Community College of Denver is extremely good school in amazing stuff, for example, having tutoring, good professional, and teaching more experience.

areli

Community college of Denver its a great place to start your vision on college. They have great professors and there is always someone in the tutoring center willing to help anyone that seems to be struggling . Not just that , the councilrs are alwzsy there answering all types of questions regarding your carrer or transfer.

Alayza

What better place than being in a place with people whom we can connect with and feel very welcomed with? The Community College of Denver offers many opportunities for people to feel welcomed in a place that is not their home and which they feel in family being able to connect to many people of the same or different background. Community College of Denver offers a great education that would be given at any other 4-year or private college. The only difference between the Community College of Denver and all other colleges and universities is that CCD offers the same great education at an amazingly affordable price. Although, since it is a community college it does not have what many other big colleges or universities have such as sports, fraternities, sororities, or any greek clubs, CCD gives the students the confidence and opportunities of being able to get to meet each other being able to create their own groups and clubs. If not only that but the Community College of Denver offers small class sizes giving everyone the opportunity to get to meet their professor and receive that one-on-one help from the professor. Although most won't agree that a community college is the best option because they won't receive that freshman experience at a bigger college or university. However what most people don't realize is that besides the experience, they need to also worry about the budget, and CCD gives the same great education for less than half the price.

Tamarra

Normally when you hear about a Community College, people are always talking bad about it. Overall I like Community College of Denver because they are very supportive, Keep you on track to graduating if you want help, and they have great professors and advisors that will guide you. If you kind of/ don't know what you want to do with your life start at Community College of Denver. It's a very nice location and Diverse community.

Zoe

CCD is located at the Auraria Campus alongside two other universities. The campus itself is an open campus and located about a mile outside of downtown Denver. This is a commuter college so housing is few and far between. CCD had smaller class sizes as well as amazing professors, I've only had one class I didn't enjoy. All of the teachers That I've had have been available to help whenever I needed it and very personable. Overall, I do enjoy being enrolled in CCD specifically. Even though I enjoy my school, I do not enjoy the campus. Being so close to downtown with an open campus means that there are always people who are not apart of the college system on campus. The school goes right beside Colfax and honestly, the area doesn't feel that safe and it feels pretty regular that we get alerts to crime in the area. I feel pretty safe on campus in the day, but honestly, I do whatever I can do avoid being there at night. Another issue is that there are a lot of homeless people that hang around and pan handle on the campus. Most of them don't cause issues, but I've definitely been approached for money and avoided certain areas of campus because of this. One final note, is that all three universities share facilities, this is both beneficial and detrimental. With 42,000 students sharing the campus, good luck finding a place to sit and study in the library or any of the other seating areas scattered throughout campus.

Galen

It's a decent, affordable place to get all my core classes done before transferring to a 4 year school. The campus is in the middle of an urban area, so there are many local resources; but there are also criminals close by the area. Overall they do a decent job keeping everything in order. Decent professors and advisers. Often above average tutors. For the money, it's a good place to go.

Veronica

I love it, if it wasn't a two year school I'd go all for all 4 years. The price is great and I have learned so much already. The professors are amazing very helpful and encouraging. Wouldn't recommend taking important classes online. Not sure about a ton af campus life very politically active won't let you forget that it's time to vote.

Destiny

I think the Community College of Denver is definetly a good choice to start your college career but it is easy to get sidetracked and goof off because of the downtown lifestyle it provides being in the heart of Denver Colorado. I had great experiences with most things except one group TRIO. The only reason why I bring TRIO up is beause they should be a group that you look into and know about because they are there to help the kids who are finacially stable and struggle and thats what I had thought they were about. I did a summer bridge program with them so I could be apart of TRIO to get the help I needed throughout my college experience. I had wanted to change my major to Vet Tech but when I had brought that up to them they said if I changed my major from Psycology I would not be allowed to be in TRIO, with that being said I had not changed my major just to be in the group and get the help I needed. When the time had come for me to get help from them I had went down to their office and they said I couldn't been seen because I had not been in the group, when that was said I was very mad because I had made a major choice to continue of in my degree just to be in the group. Ever since then I ahd not gotten any information back as to why I had not been in the group. That is really my only complaint I would say that it isn't the most dangerous place to go to school but like I said before the lifestyle is downtown so they are typically some bad things that happen every now and then but overall its a great place to start your college career.

Julia

This campus is very diverse. Everyone respects each other and get a long pretty well. It is a huge campus since we do share it with 2 universities. There's always a lot going on. We have food trucks on Mondays and on other days as well. The professors are great! They actually care about you and will help you if you're struggling. The advisors are amazing as well. If you're ever confused about anything they will be there to help you as much as they can.

Mindi

As a BAS Dental Hygiene completion student, I was looking forward to completing my BAS in Dental Hygiene. Having not been in school for about 7 years, I was very nervous about the logistics pertaining to applying, enrolling and paying for college a second time around. I have received help from the appropriate advisors and staff, but there seems to be some disconnect between offices (financial aid vs. registrar's office). Eventually, I did receive all I needed, but the process could have been more seamless.

Marisa

I like how there is always someone in every building that is asking you if you need help or if you need anything. I like how the people there are patient with you, not like other schools that I have been too. In general, I recommend this school to others.

Phoi

This is a good place for students for studying to get the certificate or transfer school

I love this school. Its a great, urban campus. The staff is incredibly supportive and they do whatever it takes to fit your needs. You pay the price of a community college, but you get the resources and class materials of a state university. It's the best community college in Colorado!

Diana

If there's one thing I'm sure of is the fact that they are great of keeping people informed about critical situations around campus. They're always sending messages of men's with guns, or if there's a threat going on such as fires. Its a really huge campus so if your a first timer one can easily get lost. Everything one needs such s admissions and records, are all located in one building which certainly makes it easy. The advisers are great they let one take the lead while also giving advise. They welcome walk-ins, and appointments are also available. The classes are too big yet they're not too small, so engaging conversations are always present. Its location is magnificent too if your a city lover. It's very accessible the light rails are always running making it easy to go into the heart of the city if needed. All in all its a great College its only downfall would the city crime.

Ngoc

N/A

Jason

It is a good way into a 4 year school for a fraction of the price. All the staff and professors are very helpful, and seem to truly care for the students. Huge campus, with little parking. Parking is not only limited, it is also expensive. Not as many sports clubs as I would have hoped but very nice rec center.

Jimmy

Great school to attend for the price of a community college. Most of the instructors I’ve had were great and often taught at the four year university as well. It’s a commuter campus so there’s not much of the traditional college experience, but the academics, class sizes, and downtown campus environment are awesome. The only bad thing I really have for this place is that parking is a pain and that the text books can get expensive. Overall, I would definitely recommend this school!

Viyaleta

Great school on campus with two other universities allows its students to connect even more. A lot of students dedicated to learning rather than socializing as compared to other big schools. Some professors are amazing at knowing the subject while others seem very overwhelmed by teaching at multiple schools.

Julissa

I think that it is a good college because it’s affordable. The faculty are overall great and there are so many different organizations to become a part of that are meaningful and worthwhile. I am very grateful for my time that I was able to spend at this amazing school.

Heather

This is a college that really cares about it's students, faculty, and staff. As a downtown Denver campus, that encompasses two other universities, it has a wide variety of students, cultures, and diversity that one expects from a metropolitan area university.

Bethany

I like CCD for the most part. The campus is very large, making it hard to make friends outside of classes. Regardless of that, the campus is gorgeous. It's a part of old historic Denver, which is awesome. They're advisers are easy to get a hold of, which I feel can be very rare. The class sizes are small, making it easier to learn. Teachers want to help you, and are always there to help when needed. I would give CCD a 8/10.

Christian

It's an awesome school! Great teachers and small classes! The math department is especially great. Those wanting to transfer to the Colorado School of Mines will have small math and science classes. In addition to this, a lot of classes are guaranteed-transfer credits!

Amy

I love the location, how diverse it is, and the small classrooms. I've also had some pretty great teachers who motivated me to keep going. However, everything there is overpriced, crime seems to occur pretty often, and I'm not sure how some horrible teachers still work there. So overall, it's an okay school.

Alec

The education and facilities are great and allow you to succeed even if you don't have a computer, but the attendance policy is very strict. You are not allowed to miss more than four days of class in a semester or your grade starts to drop a whole letter grade each absence after that. Besides that, the tutors are awesome in the 4th floor tutoring lab that CCD provides for the students and plenty of places to print out your papers for class. CCD is a great way to get some of those beginning classes out of the way for your Bachelor's degree for cheaper, without sacrificing quality of education.

James

A great school, with a variety of background to go around. A very safe place to study. The professors are awesome, and really knowledgeable. It's a beautiful place inside the heart of the city, with many great attractions just right around the corner.

Felipe

Community College of Denver is a great school and campus for all types of students. The community here at CCD is so welcoming and friendly. I enjoy attending school here because the school helps students with every aspect of their education. They provide tutoring, academic support, and the professors always provide open office hours. Overall Community College of Denver is a great environment for new students, enrolled students, alumni, and anyone who is thinking about attending college.

Cristina

Community College of Denver is a very diverse and resourceful College in which always helps students to succeed. Community College of Denver has many resources in which are always available for students who struggle with housing, food, and they even had therapy resources. They not only care about you but they also offer food for student's dogs which is absolutely incredible. One of my favorite things about Community College of Denver is the overall respect and care everyone has for each other , as well as communication skills which allows people to have a friendly helping hand. Overall, this campus has succesful students whom transfer to four year university with the goal of achieving their bachelors degree.

Karl

Decent school for the price. Not going to win any awards but serviceable and the campus is great thanks to the multiple schools sharing facilities. I spend a decent amount of time in the library which is well stocked and fund to peruse. Wifi in the CCD buildings is spotty at best but the shared buildings have decent signal strength.

Ann

Community College of Denver is a small school, but don't let that fool you as it shares a campus with two mid-town universities. The library is wonderful and the student support services both in-school and between schools are excellent. It is in one of the oldest historic areas of Denver and easily accessible by public transportation. However, one of the downsides is parking if you choose to drive rather than use light rail or city bus. During the 2016 Election there were campaign events on or near campus for both the Democratic and Republican parties and there is also a Libertarian Party group on campus as well. This school is good for both non-traditional student and the recent high school graduate because you can usually manage to attend WITHOUT having to take out student loans so you can save those loans for later in your education and prevent yourself from getting as much student debt

Shelby

I love the atmosphere of being in the middle of downtown Denver. The students and teachers are very nice and the food is great. The overall vibe of being at this school is amazing. There's so many cool rooms to sit and study and there's a lot of resources that are easily accessible. Would highly recommend attending!

Adrian

Has potential opportunities for students to earn certificates and degrees and stuff like that for people's career's choices. My opinion is that this is really good for people's jobs, so it is helpful because of the flexible schedules and the fact that you make your own schedule and do your own thing is really helpful, oh yeah it is cheap so that is great.

Nafetaline

I love Community College. I love the fact that there are smaller classes and more opportunities for one on one conversations with the Professors. Everyone on campus or at least the people I have ran into are friendly and amazing. The Professors truly care about your academics and want you to succeed. If I could do four years there is no doubt that I wouldn't.

Kailee

I have recntly started attending CCD, and I already love it. My teachers seem to work with me and want to provide help. Since we're justa community college its kind of quiet, but being connected to CU Denver and Metro makes it a lot better to get involved.