Philadelphia, PA
Community College of Philadelphia

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Community College of Philadelphia

Christie

The interior. I'm not used to it yet, so sometimes I end up walking the wrong direction.

What are your classes like?

Classes are pretty much straight forward. You are taught the subject, and you're given a specific amount of work. each teacher is different, you have to learn to adapt to their rules.

If you're lazy and not willing to learn anything. If you want to get away from home and live on campus, of course that's out of the picture.

Anyone can attend this school. Whether you're not sure about your major or you love saving money. It's a great school to attend. It's convenient and the cost is affordable.

I think the worst thing about my school if the lack of information they provide about financial aid. I find it very important to know about financial aid timelines.

Erin

I would tell myself to continue on do not take any breaks from school, it's not worth it. You might get side tracked but that's ok, stay focused and continue on, the best is yet to come. the bigest advice I would have given myself would have been to buckle down,it might seem hard but it;s not, and to remember that this is YOUR future, not anybody elses.

Too many young people during the day. LOL.

JaNaya

JaNaya you are now a senior in high school and are at a crucial time in your life where you are about to enter into young adulthood and embark on brand new journeys. Before you embark on your new journey of entering college, there are some things that I want to leave with you that will help you make a smooth transition and help you survive throughout your college career. I first advise you to learn how to properly manage your time. You will quickly find yourself having multiple task and assignments with deadlines in close proximity of one another. If you learn to give yourself enough time to complete each task thoroughly, you will save yourself from facing uneccessary situations. In addition to this, remember to network and stay academically strong. Keeping a strong GPA and networking with a variety of individuals will afford you excellent opportunities during and after your college career. Also be sure to get a mentor and get involved in community and extracurricular activities. Finally, remember the values you have been taught, have a positive outlet for stress, embrace and appreciate new experiences, and never let anything stop you from achieving your dreams.

I wish I would have known how important it was to take advantage of college courses in high school. This applies to college credit and will give you a relistic view of what to expect coming into college. I would also have focused more on school and appreicating the wisdom others had to impart into me. I would also would have focused more on being a well rounded student and not all on academics.

Shannon

Community College of Philadelphia is a brilliant combination of hard working students, consideration, optimism, kindliness and a vivacious place to attend.

Community College of Philadelphia is best known for giving individuals the ability to work hard with all different kinds of people. You learn what student’s strengths and weaknesses are and together learn to work as a united group. You enjoy every person you meet as affection and synergy is a given with everyone. I have never left school for the day with an empty feeling. I always leave full of hope and gratefulness that I get to have this amazing experience. I have and will always recommended Philadelphia Community College to my community.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the advice I would give myself is do not be afraid of life and new challenges. I would teach myself to know that life is going to give you obstacles but it is up to you to make yourself strong enough to get through them. Growing up without a father and an extremely sick mother taught me to be kind to people no matter what. Considering someone can have a much tougher time than you. I did not realize this as a high school student. I didn't understand why my life had to be so hard. Now, I can look back and see that they were tests to make me a stronger person. I am a very strong woman because of the tough times I have had. The changes that I would make as a high school senior would be to embrace the changes that were forthcoming, not be afraid of them.

Elijah

The Community College of Philadelphia is cheaper than most schools with very affordable education. Also if there was any reason why you couldn't go to another school you can go to this school to gain an associate's degree in which you can transfer your credits that are able to be transferred to any University you want to go to as a part of the dual admissions program.

Important advice I would give to myself is to apply for as many scholarships as I can. The reason why is because I know that as a senior in high school I'm going to become the first person ever to audition and get accepted into Millersville's Music program as a Hip-Hop Artist. Also I know that without those scholarships I won't be able to go because I won't be able to find a creditworthy cosigner. As a result, it will lead to days of depression, tears of failure and feelings of letting myself down. And eventhough I'll end up attneding Community College of Philadelphia until I gain the money to go back; it will be much harder and mentally difficult to continue moving forward. So if I could give myself any advice, it would most definitely be to fill out as many scholarships as I can. So that I won't have to worry about any set-backs or crying because I feel lost without any solution since I can't afford to go to Millersville University. And I'll be able to go when I'm supposed to without worries.

desiree

Great saver to the next step. It is cheaper to obtain the Associates at a community college and then transfer. The savings translates into thousands of dollars and would lessen excessive student debt.

I would tell myself to explore all career options to discover where my true passion lie. Do not be afraid of math or science but go find a mentor for advice and discover which path to choose.

I tell them about the great career oppurtunites that Community College of Philadelphia frequently provides to the student each semester. There have been great companies available on campus for students ready to take the next step into the job market and it is a faster and easier process when compared with applying online.,

Latisha

If I could go back and time and give myself advice, the first thing i will tell myself be prepared mentally and physically for college. Why ? because in college sometimes it may become so overwelming due to stress of exam's and studying the right information. which can make you be pretty hard on yourself. Another advice i will give myself is to get involved in the clubs/organization 's or sports or a greek life that best interest you. These thing's will help you make long time new friends and so you wont feel alone or home sick. I'm a food lover and another advice I will give myself is to watch what I eat. Because the freshmen 15 is no joke and yes it's actually true, however still enjoy the food and workout everyday to keep your body healthy to fight off any colo that co7uold be going around. The last advice is if your going to have sex, use protection because in college a lot of sexually transmitted di3ease's going around. Be smart and choose wisely of your sex partner and get to know them first,. MJost of all enjoy college.

The education they teach you is reliable. I have had professor's not only taught me about the subject they was teaching me but also about life out in the real world. I can honestly say they prepared me to conquer anything I put my mind too and for that im really going to miss my favorite professor's that I got to meet.

Casmera

The unique thing about this school is that it has some many subjects to major in. The school is convenient for every type of person. It doesn't discriminate and welcomes people of all ages. This school helps alot of people become success in life, even though it is a community school and not a major university.

If I could go back to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would wouldn't tell myself much because I did everything that I was supposed to do. I would just tell myself to be more social and made more memories with school trips, dances, and etc.

The worst thing about th school would probably be lack of multiple locations.

Veronica

Great personalities and more than willing to participate in TEAMWORK.

Great personalities and more than willing to participate in TEAMWORK.

I attended highschool all the way to the 12th grade and did not graduate. I ended up persuing a GED. The advice that i would have given myself would have been to stay motivated and finish. Achieve the highest grades I could achieve because it will pay off once I get to college. All the hard work will pay off in the long run. If I had a chance to do it all over I would have definitely taken that advice. I would have told myself to stay focus and I believe today I would have been farther in my education than I am now.

Community College is a great school to attend. The only bad thing that I would say about this school is t hat there is no parking if you decide to drive. There is a garage but it fills up very quickly. Academically the school is a great school to attend.

Samuel

Do not skip class, as you skip class as a freshman and pass, you start thinking that you can skip everything and pass. Your grades will suffer, and it will take you longer to complete your AA degree. Thus making it longer before you can complete your major. Also constantly study, in high school you are able to study at the last minute and pass the test, but when you get to college, the test are ten times harder. You are not able to study the night before and expect to get an A or B. By doing these things, you dont have to worry about retaking a class or withdrawing from a class. It makes life much easier and less stressful for you if you do these things.

Community College of Philadelphia administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.