Philadelphia, PA
Community College of Philadelphia

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Community College of Philadelphia

Desiree

My overall opinion is that Community College of Philadelphia is a great place to start your journey into college. They really prepare you for a four college and if you are planing on graduating from Community College of Philadelphia and getting a job this is the best place to do so.

Zeanie

Overall I think CCP is pretty good. We get the same work as four year universities. Teachers care about how their students are doing. They are willing to help students even outside of office hours. There is a wide variety of clubs and activities. So there is always something to do. I'd say the campus is safe, I haven't heard of any incidents in over a year. I have to admit CCP is not known for its food. Students are better off getting food at one of the many eateries in the area. Thank god it's located near center city.

keyion

Community College of Philadelphia is a good college they offer so many academic programs to attend, the staffing and the student counseling makes sure the students grasp all the educational concepts in their major. I highly recommend Community College of Philadelphia to students who want to continue their education.

Jasmine

I've attended CCP for two years and overall it's an average school. Improvements need to be make to improve the overall character of the school. Student life is not exiting at all. Sporting events are not a major art of student life even though there is a sporting team.

Idesha

Idesha Brown 11/29/2016 My review of “Community College of Philadelphia” is that community is a great school for both high school grads and returning students to finish there degree program, community is also a good school for their transfer program to other universities like “Temple” they help students prepare themselves for the next stage in earning their degrees when they enter the transfer program. I know this because I have commented myself to going on to Temple University after graduating from Community College of Philadelphia, the process was hard for me because I had to make sure that I was taking all the proper classes along with classes that are part of my major. But now that I have reached the end of the program here at community and is now preparing to transfer to Temple U., I find myself excited for the future I have made for myself and at the same time I’m very proud for the achievement that I have while at community and look forward to gaining more at Temple U. So I would give Community College of Philadelphia very good rating for their goal of getting students to achieve their goals and for providing different avenues to continue to strive toward gaining even more in the future. I would also give Community College of Philadelphia a rating of at least a 9 on a scale of 1-10 based on their success in the surrounding communities in building bridges between different cultural groups. Which proves that here at ccp is a great starting point for young and upcoming adults getting their start in life.

Tevin

Community College of Philadelphia overall is a great starting point in the continuance of education past high school. At first I was looking forward to starting college at a four year school, but at the last minute I changed my thought process. Community college of Philadelphia has smaller class sizes and can give you the personal attention needed from the professors.

Cimani

Community College of Philadelphia is a great school for high school and older students and readmitted students to get a feel for college life, and for those who need to get reacquainted with the riggers of going to classes with students younger than them. Community Collage of Philadelphia also provides a great opportunity for all students to continue their education after graduating by transferring to 4yr. Universities. So my overall opinion of Community college of Philadelphia is that the school is an above average school that is always pressing the envelope to stay on top with the academic's and a good feel on what the needs of the students are. So on a scale of 1-10 I would give Community an 8 out of 10

Christie

The interior. I'm not used to it yet, so sometimes I end up walking the wrong direction.

What are your classes like?

Classes are pretty much straight forward. You are taught the subject, and you're given a specific amount of work. each teacher is different, you have to learn to adapt to their rules.

If you're lazy and not willing to learn anything. If you want to get away from home and live on campus, of course that's out of the picture.

Anyone can attend this school. Whether you're not sure about your major or you love saving money. It's a great school to attend. It's convenient and the cost is affordable.

I think the worst thing about my school if the lack of information they provide about financial aid. I find it very important to know about financial aid timelines.

Erin

I would tell myself to continue on do not take any breaks from school, it's not worth it. You might get side tracked but that's ok, stay focused and continue on, the best is yet to come. the bigest advice I would have given myself would have been to buckle down,it might seem hard but it;s not, and to remember that this is YOUR future, not anybody elses.

Too many young people during the day. LOL.

JaNaya

JaNaya you are now a senior in high school and are at a crucial time in your life where you are about to enter into young adulthood and embark on brand new journeys. Before you embark on your new journey of entering college, there are some things that I want to leave with you that will help you make a smooth transition and help you survive throughout your college career. I first advise you to learn how to properly manage your time. You will quickly find yourself having multiple task and assignments with deadlines in close proximity of one another. If you learn to give yourself enough time to complete each task thoroughly, you will save yourself from facing uneccessary situations. In addition to this, remember to network and stay academically strong. Keeping a strong GPA and networking with a variety of individuals will afford you excellent opportunities during and after your college career. Also be sure to get a mentor and get involved in community and extracurricular activities. Finally, remember the values you have been taught, have a positive outlet for stress, embrace and appreciate new experiences, and never let anything stop you from achieving your dreams.

I wish I would have known how important it was to take advantage of college courses in high school. This applies to college credit and will give you a relistic view of what to expect coming into college. I would also have focused more on school and appreicating the wisdom others had to impart into me. I would also would have focused more on being a well rounded student and not all on academics.

Community College of Philadelphia administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.