Philadelphia, PA
Community College of Philadelphia

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Community College of Philadelphia

Leanne

You know what you want. Yeah, there are so many things you're interested in but you know that there is one thing that you're really determined to do. You know there is one college you're most interested in. Go see it! Being in the creative atmosphere will make you finally realize what you want! Just because your college application may not be as great as the other kids doesn't mean you don't have what it takes to be accepted. So don't give up and go to Community. It'll be a good decision if you do, but you're only wasting time to get where you want to be. Not only can you be accepted, but you are strong enough and ready for Philadelphia University. Don't waste time!

Before I started Community College, I had no idea what I wanted to do. I wish I had taken more time to decide what I was truly interested in, what I wanted to be in life and what I wanted to learn more about. Now I know all those answers. If I had figured all of this out before, I could have gone to the school I really wanted to and not wasted time.

The good thing about Community College is that it gives you the time to think about what you want to become while taking the core classes you need that will transfer when you make your decisions. In addition, the classes are smaller so your teacher will know your name. They are all so willing to help you with anything you might need and want to see you do well. Because of all this, the atmosphere is not as stressful. Being in this school has helped me to realize what I want and is helping me get there.

Soba

They have the best nursing school in the nation.

They have the best nursing school in the nation.

i wouldn't change anything. In high school, my mind was set on the career path i wanted.

My school is not bad school however, i would like to see an increse in the science classes offered.

Rochelle

My classmates seem extremely committed to their education, most of them from observation are not first year students.

If I could go back in time to my senior year of high school to speak with myself regarding the college life and making the transition. I would first tell myself of the importance of structure. Secondly, I would advise myself that it is necessary to maintain or develop a disciplined study pattern. Thirdly, I would tell myself that college is a necessary vehicle to career opportunities, however, I would also tell myself that the college life is saturated with varies cultures with rivers of knowledge, and numerous life changing experiences. Lastly, I would tell myself of the benefits of engaging in the culture of college life, applying myself with a focused mindset of openness which will result in multiple and not limited to, career opportunities.

I am honestly having a problem answering this question. The reason is, I am not experiencing a 'worst thing' at the school in which I am attending. I am impressed with my professors and my classmates are generating an atmosphere of committment. Therefore, I do not have anything that I can consider as 'a worst thing' regarding my school.

Michele

I would tell myself not to wait to go to college. Having a college degree is very important and that you should experience college life when you are young and not when you are older, married and have children to take care of

That I am not close to the main campus and the satellite campus do not offer all the classes that are needed for my major.

The price is not as expensive as most colleges.

Gregory

Since I am returning to school after an absense I can say with confidence that it is much better to just buckle down and do your work dilligently. You will learn much more, feel better about your progress, and actually make things easier on yourself in the longrun. Slacking off on homework and studying is the surest way to confuse and frustrate yourself. A little commitment will go a long way in helping you understand your subjects and will save you time and energy when tests come and papers are due. You will have confidence handing in work and not have things weighing on your mind when you leave the classroom.

Some of my professors have been sub-par teachers, misplaced in their classes probably to fill spots where teachers were needed. I would say about half of my classes so far have been very helpful and the other half have been good for a grade but a waste of time academically.

Someone who attends Community College of Philadelphia should be a person who wants to learn for less, or someone needing a strong foundation to move to another school. CCP has some very challenging classes and some eaasier ones, depending on the professor.

Sakeena

My school is a mixture of all the different minds in the city coming together to prove that success is possible.

Hello, self, it's me, you, well this first sememster of school just went by and I must say, that it wasn't easy, not one bit. There are a lot of things thar should've been done, that weren't, but I'm gad that I've explored and conquered that hardship, and left with knowledge. I know what not to do, and most of the things that I was doind, are examples of what not to do. It is a relief that, that is out of my way because now I have the oppurtunity to really shine and excell. All in all, having fun is ok, but what's really important is going to school for the real reason that you came, to learn, and there are so many lessons to learn, I've learned mine and I am now ready to travel further into the new found land, that I've should've been exploring in the first place.

If I knew that college would be this challenging I would have prepared much more for the tasks that I have to complete while in school. However, saying what I should've done, or could've done, I just wish I would have know what it really takes to be a college student. It's not just about skating by anymore, the future of your career is now on the line and I have to do what I know is best and excell and gather all the known and unknown and just work towards success.

Tara

Many of my classmates are like me and adult that decided to go back to finish up college. I make friends with girls my age and we trade stories and help each other out with homework and projects.

I would tell myself to wait a little longer before going to a 4 year college. I went to a major University and flunked out the first semester because I was more interested in boys. I would tell myself to take college serious and stay away from boys and parties. Students now days don't realize how much money they are spending. I wasted $15,000 for nothing. I am now more mature and know that college is extremely important. I would remind myself that I will be on my own and that I must take responsibility of what I do in school. I would also tell myself to take all my required classes at a Community College first to save money and time. Also to pick a major that I could experience many different classes to figure out what I want to do as a career instead of a set career.

The counselors have no clue how to help you. You have to ask like 5 different people the same question only for them to tell you to ask the same person before. Also they don't know what you need to graduate they tell you to go by the catalog even though it doesn't tell you the right information.

shadima

I would tell myself to study more and try to focus a little more on the subject that is being taught. I will also tell myself to never settle myself short and to always have a positive attitude.

The atmosphere, and the teacher's.

Not being able to know what your final grade is in certain classes.

Tawni

Community College of Philadelphia is a great place for new beginnings, a great place for one to figure out what he or she wants to obtain from life while at the same time gaining (for the most part) valuable and transferrable college credits.

To go back in time and talk to my former high school self would take little time but much patience. I would like to think that I would sound somewhat like this: It is of the utmost importance to stay on top of all paper work, from typed essays, to financial aid forms, to quiz grades, to those little post-it notes that are placed into your books to reinforce studying. Another important idea that is especially hard for high school students (ie. my former self) to grasp is the fact that people in college care about your college success almost as much as that paper work you have to keep track of. Students have different goals to achieve and different ways of pursuing said goals. Most of them are going to make the most of their money and do it their own way as should you. Faculty and staff get paid whether you pass your courses or not so although it is healthy to have a good relationship with your teachers and peers, ultimately, you make your own academic achievements and failures in school.

Community College of Philadelphia has proven to be an esteemed college, however the paperwork travels very slowly and certian pages on their website take too long to update (for instance the page where I can view my grades online). Though I understand there are hundreds of students in and out of CCP everyday, I wish I had known or even briefly thought that in a place where students are supposed to have assignments handed in promptly paperwork could take so long to process.

My school is a smorgasborg of traditions, faiths, and values; offering it's students a truly culturally diverse atmosphere.

The Communtiy College of Philadelphia is extremely unique to me. I grew up on a race horse farm that was essentially in the middle of no where, so needless to say, coming to school located in the busy center city of Philadelphia is a tremendous change for me. I previoulsy attended a semester at Chesapeake Community College and the differences between the two schools are inumerable. So to me the indispensability and uniquiness is due primarily to the drastic change in surroundings and even culture that I will experience at the Community College of Philadelphia.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senoir I would certainly have a lot to say. I was not a traditional high school student; half way through my junior year I decided to finsh through a correspondance school. By doing so, I was able to devote half my time to school and the other half to working. At the time I thought this was the most practical thing to do, however, looking back I think a little differently. Also, entering into a college career was something I had hardly ever considered, I knew from the start that my parents would not be paying for it and it just seemed finacially unatainable. If I could go back I would tell myself to focus more on school than work, I would tell myself to start applying for grants and scholarships, and that you are the very best thing to invest your money in. I would instill strong values of self worth and independence in my younger self . All in all I would tell myself that you will eventually come to understand the tremendous advantages in attending college and to look at the big picture.

Community College of Philadelphia administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.