Philadelphia, PA
Community College of Philadelphia

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Community College of Philadelphia

My school is a smorgasborg of traditions, faiths, and values; offering it's students a truly culturally diverse atmosphere.

The Communtiy College of Philadelphia is extremely unique to me. I grew up on a race horse farm that was essentially in the middle of no where, so needless to say, coming to school located in the busy center city of Philadelphia is a tremendous change for me. I previoulsy attended a semester at Chesapeake Community College and the differences between the two schools are inumerable. So to me the indispensability and uniquiness is due primarily to the drastic change in surroundings and even culture that I will experience at the Community College of Philadelphia.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senoir I would certainly have a lot to say. I was not a traditional high school student; half way through my junior year I decided to finsh through a correspondance school. By doing so, I was able to devote half my time to school and the other half to working. At the time I thought this was the most practical thing to do, however, looking back I think a little differently. Also, entering into a college career was something I had hardly ever considered, I knew from the start that my parents would not be paying for it and it just seemed finacially unatainable. If I could go back I would tell myself to focus more on school than work, I would tell myself to start applying for grants and scholarships, and that you are the very best thing to invest your money in. I would instill strong values of self worth and independence in my younger self . All in all I would tell myself that you will eventually come to understand the tremendous advantages in attending college and to look at the big picture.

Danielle

I would probably tell myself to seriously think about my career choice before I graduate. In H. S I did not know what I wanted to be and I was very confused. In my senior year I stopped caring and stopped coming to school ever since I was diagnosed with scoliosis and started getting intense migraine headaces 4x a week. I did not graduate with my class but I did graduate from summer school 2 months later. Then when I graduated I just started to work for a year and wasted a year just figuring out a career choice. If I could do it all over I would take senior year more seriously and apply for more scholaships, colleges, and come to school and deal with pain. I still have the same pain but I have determination and I am a great student in college with a 3.39 GPA. The main thing I would really tell myself is to study hard, follow the path to nursing and aim higher. That is something my mom always told me was to aim for the sky and I keep that good advice with me always.

The best thing about my school is their Early childhood education program. The people that are in charge of that departmant are so nice and helpful. They will take time and answer your questiona and alwalys call you back when you have concerns. I like that in this program I can see pretty much the same faces until I graduate and get to know some interesting people.

I wish I had known that the school had a habit of breaking things in their school. Their escalators hardly ever work, it's a pain. They are always doing construction, it's very annoying.

Margarita

My school is a public institution, that offers many different degrees at its highest level, which is an Associate's degree.

Community College of Philadelphia, is best known for, its programs in family and social work.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the most important advice I would give myself is to never take school education for granted. First of all, I would tell myself to really work hard in school, because every grade I receive is important. I remember a time during senior year, where I failed a vocabulary test and I thought to myself, it doesn't matter, because it's only the begining of the school year. Second, I would tell myself to ask my counselor more questions about colleges, scholarships and grants. I was really clueless during high school, of how much help and resources I could have gotten during my senior year. If only knew back then about all the different kinds of grants and scholarships that I qaulified for, I wouldn't have to worry about money for school like I do now. Finally, I would tell myself that I shouldn't feel like I wasn't good enough to get into a good college, because I graduated from a high school in a low income, urban area.

Kevin

Kevin, I'm glad that you decided that a college education is an investment in ones future. Truth of the matter son, college is just the beginning. The technology of tomorrow will be a force to be reckoned with. The computer age has opened up the window to new possibilities. It will speed up time and man will frantically race to keep up with it . Kevin, stay the course. Stay focused, becaused only the well prepared shall be able to withstand the tsunami that will be the computer industry. The World is changing rapidly ,don't get left behind.

I attend DeVry University/Philadelphia campus. I love Devry University! I'm a fourty-seven year old construction worker. I'm a husband and the proud father of four. DeVry University has given me the confidence that I so desperately needed. Here's a thought. Let's do something while and crazy this year. Let's include DeVry University/Philadelphia Campus in the Scholarship Program this year and help get America back on her feet by investesting in the "Middle-Class". I think in all sincerity that ,that would not be a bad thing .I'd make an excellent canidate!

I'd have to say that with the economy being what it is, the thing that bothers me the most is how expensive it is to pay for an education. Once you've managed to scrape up the tuition, you've got your books, transportation, and the cost of living! In today's economy, the days of the college party are numbered. Things are really tough especially if you have children.

LaTasha

If going back into time and I had to tell young LaTasha one thing I would tell her to slow down. Looking back I can know see myself running and getting no where fast. I had no clear direction, wasn't getting good advice, but I knew I wanted to be successful, great. If I would have just stopped, slowed down, and listened to my heart I would've found out I knew the anwser all along.

The locations ae great and I always get the schedule that I need and want.

I think that CCP is for everybody. Especially since the population there is so mixed anyway. They fit the needs to many different types of students. All you have to be is a go getter.

Gabrielle

Community College is best known as a way to get transfer credits. A lot of people go there to take prerequisites for other schools and /or programs. It is affordable. I am now taking taking prerequisites for my Fall 2010 school that I want to apply to.

My first year of college was not the best year of my school life. I missed classes and not for the best reasons. I did not put any effort into any school work and study time. In the Fall of 2009 i applied 100% of myself to school and felt great. If I were a high school senior and I could advise myself on my future eduational adventure, I would say that education is not a joke. It is a very important factor in life and it is not someting to play around with. I also would have said that working hard and timing everything is a big part of school. Studying is a key factor, especially for the career I want to take up. I would say never be too proud to ask for help or advice.

It is very crowded. I wish I knew that. It keeps you on your feet because you have to do everything ahead of time so you dont have to be in the long lines.

Linda

You'll find people of all race, class, gender backgrounds and I promise you they will all be interesting!

Claiming your affiliation with a community college may not have the same glory as hailing from a larger, more popular school, but it may be one of the best decisions in your life. It's a HUGE time and money saver! If you're not ready to commit to a major, you can try different classes to see which ones you like without wasting time. You can complete an entire program, get an associate's degree, transfer into Junior status at a four-year school, and save yourself two years of debt! With tuition ever-increasing, be smart about education!

You're stressed, I know. You feel that you should've prepared more for the SATs. You wish you had joined more clubs, done more volunteer work, and maybe handed in that one really important project in on time. You still don't know what school you want to get into , how you're going to pay for it, or, heck, what you want to do for the rest of your life. I want to tell you something. It's ok. So many students are going through the same struggle you are! Sure, there are some students who deserve Olympic medals and Nobel prizes for being so awesome and doing so much, but YOU have so much potential too! DO NOT underestimate yourself! We are all unique. Seek out the schools that value you for YOU. Do not let financial concerns prevent you from seeking out the best for YOU. Search for as many scholarships as you can! Don't worry, you'd be surprised by how many you qualify for. I know this process is so new and scary! But I guarantee you, you'll soon meet so many incredible people that will change your life forever!

Aliyah

As a second-degree nursing student if I had the opportunity to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have re-evaluated my career choices. Reflecting on my most recent experience in the legal field, I know for a fact that I needed to be paired with something as fresh, demanding, and limitless as the person that entered into college. College life goes so quickly, so although I excelled academically and socially, I wish I would have thought long and hard about my career goals after college. What was I looking for in a career, and was my current path going to help me to accomplish that? Now that I have found nursing, I believe that I have found the career that best reflects who I am. I am able to help others, continue to learn new things, and able to work in an array of settings. But you learn from your mistakes, therefore I have no regrets. Unfortunately, I just had to figure out what I disliked before I found my like! But if I could turn back the hands of time, I would have saved time and went straight into my dream career.... Nursing!

Working toward a second bacholors degree in 2009-2010, I would say that Community College of Philadelphia offered an array of resources for students of all different backgrounds. Attending Villanova University for my first degree, in comparison I believe that Community College of Philadelphia caters to the younger and older student as well as a more diverse student population.

Due to the abundance of resources Community College offers, I believe it negatively impacts the organization of the institutions adminstration. For example, in order to began taking classes as a second degree student there were several loops I had to jump through before finally getting enrolled. I was sent from office to office, place to place before someone could actually assist me in my transition. So although they offer many resources for the non-traditional student, they have not yet developed an organized system to facilitate their services.

Denise

It caters to all the needs of people from all aspects of life

It caters to all the needs of people from all aspects of life

I would say to myself Denise stop being lazy and leave the things that aren't helping you to get closer to your goal. don't let your friends change your mind for the goals you have.

Any kind of person because they have everything for every body. From people who don't who don't speak the language to people who haven't been in school for years like me.

ERICA

Its fun, very active, lively and a great place to network and interactive with other students my age.

its dual degree program with major four year colleges and universities in the city.

Stay focused on studying and don't party too much. Keep your goals posted on your wall and don't let anyone tell your it's corny or even unacheiveable. Always finish what you start and stay postive through the tough times. Don't let work consume you and do not study with friends. Finally, IT'S OK TO BE A NERD!

Community College of Philadelphia administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.