Philadelphia, PA
Community College of Philadelphia

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Community College of Philadelphia

Michele

I would tell myself not to wait to go to college. Having a college degree is very important and that you should experience college life when you are young and not when you are older, married and have children to take care of

That I am not close to the main campus and the satellite campus do not offer all the classes that are needed for my major.

The price is not as expensive as most colleges.

Gregory

Since I am returning to school after an absense I can say with confidence that it is much better to just buckle down and do your work dilligently. You will learn much more, feel better about your progress, and actually make things easier on yourself in the longrun. Slacking off on homework and studying is the surest way to confuse and frustrate yourself. A little commitment will go a long way in helping you understand your subjects and will save you time and energy when tests come and papers are due. You will have confidence handing in work and not have things weighing on your mind when you leave the classroom.

Some of my professors have been sub-par teachers, misplaced in their classes probably to fill spots where teachers were needed. I would say about half of my classes so far have been very helpful and the other half have been good for a grade but a waste of time academically.

Someone who attends Community College of Philadelphia should be a person who wants to learn for less, or someone needing a strong foundation to move to another school. CCP has some very challenging classes and some eaasier ones, depending on the professor.

Sakeena

My school is a mixture of all the different minds in the city coming together to prove that success is possible.

Hello, self, it's me, you, well this first sememster of school just went by and I must say, that it wasn't easy, not one bit. There are a lot of things thar should've been done, that weren't, but I'm gad that I've explored and conquered that hardship, and left with knowledge. I know what not to do, and most of the things that I was doind, are examples of what not to do. It is a relief that, that is out of my way because now I have the oppurtunity to really shine and excell. All in all, having fun is ok, but what's really important is going to school for the real reason that you came, to learn, and there are so many lessons to learn, I've learned mine and I am now ready to travel further into the new found land, that I've should've been exploring in the first place.

If I knew that college would be this challenging I would have prepared much more for the tasks that I have to complete while in school. However, saying what I should've done, or could've done, I just wish I would have know what it really takes to be a college student. It's not just about skating by anymore, the future of your career is now on the line and I have to do what I know is best and excell and gather all the known and unknown and just work towards success.

Tara

Many of my classmates are like me and adult that decided to go back to finish up college. I make friends with girls my age and we trade stories and help each other out with homework and projects.

I would tell myself to wait a little longer before going to a 4 year college. I went to a major University and flunked out the first semester because I was more interested in boys. I would tell myself to take college serious and stay away from boys and parties. Students now days don't realize how much money they are spending. I wasted $15,000 for nothing. I am now more mature and know that college is extremely important. I would remind myself that I will be on my own and that I must take responsibility of what I do in school. I would also tell myself to take all my required classes at a Community College first to save money and time. Also to pick a major that I could experience many different classes to figure out what I want to do as a career instead of a set career.

The counselors have no clue how to help you. You have to ask like 5 different people the same question only for them to tell you to ask the same person before. Also they don't know what you need to graduate they tell you to go by the catalog even though it doesn't tell you the right information.

shadima

I would tell myself to study more and try to focus a little more on the subject that is being taught. I will also tell myself to never settle myself short and to always have a positive attitude.

The atmosphere, and the teacher's.

Not being able to know what your final grade is in certain classes.

Tawni

Community College of Philadelphia is a great place for new beginnings, a great place for one to figure out what he or she wants to obtain from life while at the same time gaining (for the most part) valuable and transferrable college credits.

To go back in time and talk to my former high school self would take little time but much patience. I would like to think that I would sound somewhat like this: It is of the utmost importance to stay on top of all paper work, from typed essays, to financial aid forms, to quiz grades, to those little post-it notes that are placed into your books to reinforce studying. Another important idea that is especially hard for high school students (ie. my former self) to grasp is the fact that people in college care about your college success almost as much as that paper work you have to keep track of. Students have different goals to achieve and different ways of pursuing said goals. Most of them are going to make the most of their money and do it their own way as should you. Faculty and staff get paid whether you pass your courses or not so although it is healthy to have a good relationship with your teachers and peers, ultimately, you make your own academic achievements and failures in school.

Community College of Philadelphia has proven to be an esteemed college, however the paperwork travels very slowly and certian pages on their website take too long to update (for instance the page where I can view my grades online). Though I understand there are hundreds of students in and out of CCP everyday, I wish I had known or even briefly thought that in a place where students are supposed to have assignments handed in promptly paperwork could take so long to process.

My school is a smorgasborg of traditions, faiths, and values; offering it's students a truly culturally diverse atmosphere.

The Communtiy College of Philadelphia is extremely unique to me. I grew up on a race horse farm that was essentially in the middle of no where, so needless to say, coming to school located in the busy center city of Philadelphia is a tremendous change for me. I previoulsy attended a semester at Chesapeake Community College and the differences between the two schools are inumerable. So to me the indispensability and uniquiness is due primarily to the drastic change in surroundings and even culture that I will experience at the Community College of Philadelphia.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senoir I would certainly have a lot to say. I was not a traditional high school student; half way through my junior year I decided to finsh through a correspondance school. By doing so, I was able to devote half my time to school and the other half to working. At the time I thought this was the most practical thing to do, however, looking back I think a little differently. Also, entering into a college career was something I had hardly ever considered, I knew from the start that my parents would not be paying for it and it just seemed finacially unatainable. If I could go back I would tell myself to focus more on school than work, I would tell myself to start applying for grants and scholarships, and that you are the very best thing to invest your money in. I would instill strong values of self worth and independence in my younger self . All in all I would tell myself that you will eventually come to understand the tremendous advantages in attending college and to look at the big picture.

Danielle

I would probably tell myself to seriously think about my career choice before I graduate. In H. S I did not know what I wanted to be and I was very confused. In my senior year I stopped caring and stopped coming to school ever since I was diagnosed with scoliosis and started getting intense migraine headaces 4x a week. I did not graduate with my class but I did graduate from summer school 2 months later. Then when I graduated I just started to work for a year and wasted a year just figuring out a career choice. If I could do it all over I would take senior year more seriously and apply for more scholaships, colleges, and come to school and deal with pain. I still have the same pain but I have determination and I am a great student in college with a 3.39 GPA. The main thing I would really tell myself is to study hard, follow the path to nursing and aim higher. That is something my mom always told me was to aim for the sky and I keep that good advice with me always.

The best thing about my school is their Early childhood education program. The people that are in charge of that departmant are so nice and helpful. They will take time and answer your questiona and alwalys call you back when you have concerns. I like that in this program I can see pretty much the same faces until I graduate and get to know some interesting people.

I wish I had known that the school had a habit of breaking things in their school. Their escalators hardly ever work, it's a pain. They are always doing construction, it's very annoying.

Margarita

My school is a public institution, that offers many different degrees at its highest level, which is an Associate's degree.

Community College of Philadelphia, is best known for, its programs in family and social work.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the most important advice I would give myself is to never take school education for granted. First of all, I would tell myself to really work hard in school, because every grade I receive is important. I remember a time during senior year, where I failed a vocabulary test and I thought to myself, it doesn't matter, because it's only the begining of the school year. Second, I would tell myself to ask my counselor more questions about colleges, scholarships and grants. I was really clueless during high school, of how much help and resources I could have gotten during my senior year. If only knew back then about all the different kinds of grants and scholarships that I qaulified for, I wouldn't have to worry about money for school like I do now. Finally, I would tell myself that I shouldn't feel like I wasn't good enough to get into a good college, because I graduated from a high school in a low income, urban area.

Kevin

Kevin, I'm glad that you decided that a college education is an investment in ones future. Truth of the matter son, college is just the beginning. The technology of tomorrow will be a force to be reckoned with. The computer age has opened up the window to new possibilities. It will speed up time and man will frantically race to keep up with it . Kevin, stay the course. Stay focused, becaused only the well prepared shall be able to withstand the tsunami that will be the computer industry. The World is changing rapidly ,don't get left behind.

I attend DeVry University/Philadelphia campus. I love Devry University! I'm a fourty-seven year old construction worker. I'm a husband and the proud father of four. DeVry University has given me the confidence that I so desperately needed. Here's a thought. Let's do something while and crazy this year. Let's include DeVry University/Philadelphia Campus in the Scholarship Program this year and help get America back on her feet by investesting in the "Middle-Class". I think in all sincerity that ,that would not be a bad thing .I'd make an excellent canidate!

I'd have to say that with the economy being what it is, the thing that bothers me the most is how expensive it is to pay for an education. Once you've managed to scrape up the tuition, you've got your books, transportation, and the cost of living! In today's economy, the days of the college party are numbered. Things are really tough especially if you have children.

Community College of Philadelphia administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.