Community College of Philadelphia Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Community College of Philadelphia

Calin

Community College of Philadelphia is an outstanding institution. I am stunned at he accomplishments of my professors and thankful that they are devoting their time to Community College when they could likely have higher salaries at bigger universities. If I could fulfill all of my degree needs at Community College I would absolutely stay there for four years rather than transfer.

Zeanie

Overall I think CCP is pretty good. We get the same work as four year universities. Teachers care about how their students are doing. They are willing to help students even outside of office hours. There is a wide variety of clubs and activities. So there is always something to do. I'd say the campus is safe, I haven't heard of any incidents in over a year. I have to admit CCP is not known for its food. Students are better off getting food at one of the many eateries in the area. Thank god it's located near center city.

Kemba

I like how convenient it is to get to my classes on time because of the small campus. There are a few food trucks and stores, just a couple of minutes away and there's also a coffee shop inside the main building. The library is huge and there's always someone to help. Most of my classes were small, and the teachers always helped students who struggled or needed extra attention. I think it's better to take a tour of CCP. I think it'll be worth it.

Autumn

Overall all, CCP is a good college. Depending on your major, you will have a different experience. Some majors have a smaller group of students and the smaller the department is, the closer you are to the faculty and other students. The ADC (architecture, design and construction) department is my department and the faculty is very helpful and even make time to come on days when they're off to help the students. The liberal arts department isn't as close because of how large it is, but you can always find help with your advisers.

Tevin

Community College of Philadelphia overall is a great starting point in the continuance of education past high school. At first I was looking forward to starting college at a four year school, but at the last minute I changed my thought process. Community college of Philadelphia has smaller class sizes and can give you the personal attention needed from the professors.

Jasmine

I've attended CCP for two years and overall it's an average school. Improvements need to be make to improve the overall character of the school. Student life is not exiting at all. Sporting events are not a major art of student life even though there is a sporting team.

Shyanne

I think that the Community College of Philadelphia has potential. I would say that the college is slightly unorganized. I would like to see more options availabile for part-time students as I have been eligible for the honors program but could not join due to the fact that they are all during the day. I also find that information about activities the school offers are not communicated very well. I would say with these improvements, the college would be benefitting many more people.

Cimani

Community College of Philadelphia is a great school for high school and older students and readmitted students to get a feel for college life, and for those who need to get reacquainted with the riggers of going to classes with students younger than them. Community Collage of Philadelphia also provides a great opportunity for all students to continue their education after graduating by transferring to 4yr. Universities. So my overall opinion of Community college of Philadelphia is that the school is an above average school that is always pressing the envelope to stay on top with the academic's and a good feel on what the needs of the students are. So on a scale of 1-10 I would give Community an 8 out of 10

Jada

There's a lot of good things that the school has just needs to open up more to students. Need more groups that help students continue being students that don't make them want to give up. The campus step up is really nice. The college would be even better if they actually had housing.

Hanadi

The community College of Philadelphia is very crowded, yet there are plenty of opportunities for potential for success. I feel that there is a lot offered and the tuition is a fair amount. Not too expensive. There is tutoring, club, spring flings, a good amount of work study opportunities as well. class sizes are not the best, maybe a little big, but most professors make good with it.

Sala

I love it there, the people are helpful. The campus is really nice and it's an environment you wanna be in. I haven't met my teachers yet but I feel like they're going to very helpful and understanding. I don't know anything about the on-campus housing because I'm a commuter. I can't wait to get involved with school activities, I also can't wait to go to the basketball games.

Thermuthis

Community College of Philadelphia provides the environment and resources to enable anyone student to grow, learn and accomplish all of their educational and career goals. The professors and academic staff are always present to assist you in whatever are of need or difficulty you may be experiencing. They are always available to ensure your success in every area of your studies. Without the supportive staff of CCP, students would not have the opportunity to excel past any obstacle relating to their studies.

Idesha

Idesha Brown 11/29/2016 My review of “Community College of Philadelphia” is that community is a great school for both high school grads and returning students to finish there degree program, community is also a good school for their transfer program to other universities like “Temple” they help students prepare themselves for the next stage in earning their degrees when they enter the transfer program. I know this because I have commented myself to going on to Temple University after graduating from Community College of Philadelphia, the process was hard for me because I had to make sure that I was taking all the proper classes along with classes that are part of my major. But now that I have reached the end of the program here at community and is now preparing to transfer to Temple U., I find myself excited for the future I have made for myself and at the same time I’m very proud for the achievement that I have while at community and look forward to gaining more at Temple U. So I would give Community College of Philadelphia very good rating for their goal of getting students to achieve their goals and for providing different avenues to continue to strive toward gaining even more in the future. I would also give Community College of Philadelphia a rating of at least a 9 on a scale of 1-10 based on their success in the surrounding communities in building bridges between different cultural groups. Which proves that here at ccp is a great starting point for young and upcoming adults getting their start in life.

L. Landall

The Community College of Philadelphia is becoming well enthused and opening the development to allowing more students to feel complex. The days with heat outside are the most gesturing to give a place to sit study and receive an extra learning processes. I would recommend the coffee the teacher lectures are fascinating.

Igor

I selected the Community College of Philadelphia for many reasons. Some of them are friendly and respectful attitude employees and teachers to students, financial assistance for students, and the high level of professionalism of the teaching staff at the Community College of Philadelphia. Firstly, when I had come to the CCP, I faced a friendly and respectful attitude to me by teachers and college employees. They told me many about the Community College of Philadelphia: about the history and traditions of the school, about the curriculum and the possible perspectives. I was interested in their point of view on the prospect of learning for adult students. Employees of the CCP were very convincing. I am grateful to them for that very much. The entire teaching staff of the college is a very friendly and helpful people. They always relate to the students with respect. Friendly and responsibility environment the college inspired me to study at the Community College of Philadelphia. Also, it was the financial assistance for students. The financial situation has a significant place in our lives. Education in college is not cheap. For newly arrived immigrants it is big money. I did not have that kind of money. The CCP has a unique program of financial aid to students. This program enables low-income students to study full-time. This money is enough to finish college. Financial aid is available for free, but that would get it, students must have a good academic performance and regular attendance. Financial assistance for studying was another reason why I chose the Community College of Philadelphia. Finally, one of the distinguishing features of the CCP is the high level of professionalism of the teaching staff. The highly qualified expert in their field of knowledge is not yet a good teacher. Consequently, a good teacher should be an excellent specialist, educator, and a popularizer their area of knowledge at the same time. A good teacher should be able to concentrate all their knowledge and to be able, in an accessible form, to bring them to the students. Moreover, only a true educator and teacher will be able to find the right approach to all students together and to each student personally, at the same time. The CCP has such teaching staff. I believe that the quality is always the main thing in education. Therefore, the presence in the college of high-level professional teachers was for me the main reason why I chose the Community College of Philadelphia. I am pleased to study in the CCP. I believe that this college meets all of my requirements. Friendly environment, financial assistance and high level of knowledge became the reasons why I chose the Community College of Philadelphia.

tammy

I believe community college of Philadelphia is a great place to start out. And to get a feel for what college is like. Its a great place to start at and then transfer over to somewhere else if you wanted to. I believe everyone should have a right to education.

Armaya

Desiree

My overall opinion is that Community College of Philadelphia is a great place to start your journey into college. They really prepare you for a four college and if you are planing on graduating from Community College of Philadelphia and getting a job this is the best place to do so.

keyion

Community College of Philadelphia is a good college they offer so many academic programs to attend, the staffing and the student counseling makes sure the students grasp all the educational concepts in their major. I highly recommend Community College of Philadelphia to students who want to continue their education.

Jasmine

The academics are nice and the school is relatively neat and clean. The class sizes are perfect so you can interact with the professor more. There's different varieties of food to choose from since there's food trucks all around campus. The only change I would want to make is to have more interaction with other students. Since it is a community college and no on campus housing, students just come there to get their education and go back to their daily lives, there isn't much time to make friends.

shareeta

It's new to me but I like the college life so far. I have recently change my major health care studies to behavioral health studies and the staff was very supported and made it very easy for me to transitions. I would highly recommend this school to others

Brianna

CCP is a great school for students fresh out of high school, students who are willing to obtain all of their degrees, students who cannot afford to attend a four year University, etc. The campus is nice in size. The faculty are helpful. Majority of the teachers are willing to work to the best of your ability. It's a great atmosphere and I'm proud to say that I'll be obtaining my degree in another year! :)

Kelly

Community College of Philadelphia is a perfect choice for any high school student or adult to earn a degree. The low cost of classes, as compared to your typical university, is perfect to earn credits on your basic classes. I have always heard good thing about CCP so I am going to earn my degree here and move on to a 4-year school.

You cannot get a better jumpstart on your education for a cheaper price than at CCP. It is a quality education for your first two years and there are a host of transfer options, including set agreements that you can sign for guaranteed admission into area schools such as Temple and La Salle.

Pearl

Community College of Philadelphia is a great college where you can access your dreams. A path of possibilities.

Julie

My overall opinion of Community College of Philadelpha is simple. They do what they have to do to help out the students as much as they can. This includes helping students with getting a job, making sure students get as much tutoring as possibe to pass, clubs and events to help students socialize, and more! Overall this isn't just a college it's a family and thats the best part about it.

Francesca

I'm a sophomore at Community College of Philadelphia and I love it! I take primarily online courses which are a breeze for a person who likes to have a flexible schedule. It was easy to connect with all of my professors. I recommend CCP to everybody in Philadelphia!!

Damien

When it comes to attending Community College of Philadelphia, there aren't too many bad things that I'm able to say, but there are also not too many good things I can say. However, I will say that the college does give us a large number of opportunities that allow students, such as myself, to participate both inside and outside activities amongst the college campuses. There are a few things I would like to see happen, such as having cafeteria hours where students are able to get select meals for free. This'll allow many students to not have to worry about just how much money their spending inside the campuses. Another would be changing the pricing of books depending on level and class. If these changes, as well as a plethora of other changes come into fruition, I would definitely give this college a five star rating. Overall, I enjoy attending this college.

Sabrina

Some of the Annex buildings need to be renovated but the overall experience is great as well as the class sizes. The professor are very professional and are willing to go the extra mile in helping students pass their classes. Attending Community College of Philadelphia has been a great experience thus far.

Joseph

I am a part of the honors program at CCP and it's been quite beneficial to me. The conversations that take place make it feel like a true interdisciplinary program that prepares the student forum for discussion and a different type of critical thinking. The college is an undervalued jewel that requires state funding to keep accessibility to the low-income community in Philadelphia.

Jahsan

A nice and smart way to start off pursuing college. There are campus in each part of the city so you do not need to do unecessary traveling. The campuses are wonderful there is security, the food is great, there are food stops an stores not far from the campuses if you are on the go from class to class.

Asia

Community College of Philadelphia is a great place to start for a quality education at an affordable price. The best aspect about the college however is their willingness to help students become leaders. There is so many leadership opportunities around campus as well as in the city that the college urges students to get involved in. Which will lead to better opportunities at your next institution (4year) as well as the work place. It is right downtown so there are several resources accessible. Plus low-income/welfare students are heavily supported. There is even a grant given for childcare, single moms this is a huge bonus!

Dinah

I did feel completely welcomed when I first started, but you warm up to it once you spend some time there. Joining a club might make you feel less lonely. I actually had to miss this spring semester this year because they did not disburse my grant on time and it was meant to pay the rest of my balance. Since I still owed money, I could not register. I emailed almost everyone and they simply told I had to wait. It took storming into the school and asking for it for them to finally do something. Everything is resolved now but I am behind because it took them six months to give me something that should have been given to me within 6 weeks of starting. This error made my respect for this school dwindle, but it still is a good school overall.

Erin

Community College of Philadelphia is a great place to learn. The campus is nice and easily accessible and professors are helpful and professional. There are many opportunities for students to work while enrolled at the college and career options after graduation.

Nakesha

It is extremely affordable than a lot of colleges and universities.

Alberta

It’s a very nice school they do their best to keep students involved and focused

Very affordable for those with financial struggles. I would really recommend taking this route if one could not afford a full four year at a university. In addition, faculties are always there for you when you need them. I like the class size as well!

Vincent

Fantastic School! The have so many option and opportunities not just for high school grads, but for non traditional students as well! I wish I would have went here the first round of college. Professors are always available and genuinely want to help you succeed in your en devours.

Bolanle

Wonderful school, cheap too but the facilities are more valuable than what anyone expects. The teachers are pleasant and nice, the classes are small so it doesn't feel crowded. There are different activities and groups for students to join so that they become a part of a community. Community colleges are underrated in my opinion.