Concordia College at Moorhead Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Concordia College at Moorhead

Akissi

It's an amazing school with kind people that are really there to help you reach your goal.

Scarlett

I love the Midwestern atmosphere at Concordia! It is homey and always makes me feel welcome and safe. Combined with their amazing academics this is truly a unique place. What allows for this comfortable but challenging space is truly the faculty. They are the superheroes of the modern world and it is a privilege to learn from them.

Heidi

Concordia College is a lovely campus full of lovely people. Everyone from the students to the staff and faculty are bright, warm, and welcoming. The classes are stimulating, and the liberal arts ideology of the college encourages exploration and experimentation in fields beyond your own. Besides people and classes, the extracurricular activities are extraordinary. There is an incredible variety of student organizations and clubs to join, as well as the college's accomplished sports teams and renowned music program. On a more technical note, Concordia's facilities and campus are also top notch. I for one am beyond impressed with the Frances Frazier Comstock Theater, where the theater program puts on splendid productions, and with how beautiful the campus is. Finally, the neighborhood is quite safe and Concordia's Public Safety officers are always available should something fishy occur.

Kenny

Concordia College has premier academics, stellar professors, and a commitment to its students. This commitment leads to its students becoming responsibly engaged in the world. A Concordia education will set you up for success​ no matter what major you choose.

marit

I fell in love with the choir program initially, then after my first visit I fell for the atmosphere. It's very cozy and comfortable and the over all attitude is different at Concordia. Students and staff are genuinely concerned about your grades and willing to help. Personally I've never met a student or faculty member that wasn't friendly and kind.

River

Concordia College at Moorhead is a very upbeat place. Students are almost all very enthusiastic about their studies. Because a large portion of Concordia revolves around music, other students practice and discuss music all of the time, which I appreciate. The campus is also a good side and is well designed.

I love Concordia! It's a great place to study and get a good education, as well as meet some amazing people. I have met some of my best friends there. As far as academics, the professors are really helpful and I can tell they really want their students to succeed. I haven't had a professor that I haven't liked. For extracurricular activities, I'm involved in choir and I love it. There are about 300 students involved in choir at Concordia, and every winter all four choirs get together and perform in a mass choir concert. Christmas concerts are one of my favorite experiences at Concordia. One of the reasons I chose to study at Concordia was because of how welcoming the students and professors are and my choir experience is part of that. I've always felt as if I belonged and I'm glad I chose to go there.

Alycia

Walking on campus is so inviting and right away I felt like I was at home. From Quidditch and Foam Weapons Fighting club to Student Government there is something here for everyone. Not to mention our mascot has to be the quirkiest ever. Concordia is a great place to be.

Jwan

Concordia College at Moorhead is a really good college. The faculty there is there to help the students succeed and they show it. They respond to emails as soon as they get them and they keep the students updated on what they need to be doing. All faculty are easily approachable, the food is fantastic, the art, science, and music department are wonderful, and campus life is great. Concordia College at Moorhead is easily a 10 out of 10.

John

Hello to everyone who is interested in Concordia, and is also interested in the life outside of campus. Yes, on the weekends, we get after it. Hard. It's not a way of life for everyone, but if are someone who like to have fun on the weekends and socialize, this is the place for you. We get after it.

Tanner

Concordia College in Moorhead is definitely about academics. There is always room to have fun and there are tons of fun clubs to join! Facilities are beautiful and the staff and faculty are mostly at a first name basis with their students. Like everywhere and everyone, some people have their bad days but Concordia College Moorhead is always a happy place!

Kimberly

Concordia College is an amazing place to study. It has a beautiful campus with technology that is very up to date and even advanced. Not only are the classes great but the class sizes are small, which allows for more teacher to student interaction. The teachers also care about you as a person and want to help as much as they can.

Classes haven't even started yet when I find myself wandering through the music building. Scanning each bulletin board I sigh and furrow my eyebrows. "Hi," I turn to see a girl with blue and purple hair. "Hey." "Are you looking for the voice lesson assignments?" she smiles at me. "Yeah actually, this is my first year so I don't really know what to look for," I say. She laughs, "Don't worry I did the same thing last year." She extends her hand, "I'm Abby." "Emily, " I shake her hand. "Here let me give you my phone number," she extends her hand. "Tex me if you need literally anything." "Thanks," I smile at the stupid face she set as her contact photo. "No problem, I hope you enjoy your first year, everyone is really nice." "Yeah," I looked at her, "I noticed."

I love it here. The people are the best part- they're all kind, warm, and accepting people who celebrate the converging of different cultures all over the world. The choir program is (in my opinion) the best around, and Dining Services has food that is to DIE FOR! I've never felt more at home in a new place as quickly as I did upon my arrival to campus this fall. There are always events going on around campus, so you never have to worry about being bored. Professors are wonderful at communicating with the class, and really help you grow not only as an academic student, but also as a functioning member of today's society.

Jordan

Concordia College is a school that has something to offer for everyone. Hidden around Concordia's gorgeous campus is an energetic athletic department, an amazingly accommodating and expansive arts program, a newly updated and extraordinary science center, and professors legitimately interested in helping you be the best you can be. Concordia's aim is for students to Be Responsibly Engaged in the World, and the school does exceptional work on all fronts to achieve this goal.

Since graduating, I've realized how valuable the liberal arts experience is at Concordia. Concordia's emphasizes global engagement and critical thinking gave me the confidence and ability to travel and learn about so many other parts of the world. Not only have I thoroughly learned my course work, but i've also learned to be a more well-rounded person. Although the college promotes diversity and is extremely welcoming to it, unfortunately, the school struggles with attracting a diverse population of students and faculty.

Melanie

Overall, I'm happy at Concordia. I'm given numerous opportunities to not only advance in my educational career but also help the community around me with Concordia's BREW program. There's something for everyone on campus; from sports, to the arts, including our very well known Concordia Choir and Concordia Orchestra, social activism, and our quidditch and foam fighting clubs. I'm proud to be a Cobber and can't wait to graduate in 2021.

Grace

Concordia College is a good fit for those looking for a smaller community. Relationships with professors are more personal and there are a lot of clubs and extracurriculars to be involved in. Their music program is also fantastic. Dining on campus is really convenient and there are a lot of delicious options.