River Forest, IL
Concordia University-Chicago

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Concordia University-Chicago

Sammy

Cheap af and a way to take money from students. I'm glad my friend who goes there gave me a warning. Hopefully he can leave soon, if they ever get their act together and actually let him instead of saying dumb excuses like "Our person who handles withdrawls isn't here, so you can't leave"

Guadalupe

Attending CUC makes me feel like if I was still in high school, with the small class sizes. As the class sizes are smaller, the professors have more of a chance to help each one of their students individually, which makes them more helpful. The professors are actually great. They try working out their office hours around their students schedules, if they every need help or something. The professors are very kind and help you out in many ways possible just to see their students succeed. CUC has a great optimistic atmosphere, within its students, professors and staff. CUC is a small campus, which is actually great because if you're ever running late, the buildings are all next to each other. One would prefer a bigger campus, but its actually great thats its small. CUC is a great place to attend. CUC actually offers much help for their incoming freshmen's and even for their transfer students. A lot of scholarships are offered, including to their current students.

kristal

I think that it's decent. It's a safe environment thus I never have to worry about my safety. The food is decent but can get tiresome after not having much of a variety. I think that the costs are expensive but that's probably true for every college. I don't mind attending Concordia. I'm happy with meeting new people and making new friends.

Aia

I was mistreated by a professor who happens to be dean of that school. I didn't like the way the school administration handle the case. I called, emailed and left messages for the concerned people and no one, not even my academic/admission advisors replied to my request. I am totally disappointed​ and I had to drop out of that school because of the way they handle my case by avoiding to respond to my phone calls and emails.

Good but not perfect

Good but not perfect

Overall, Concordia is a good university. People complain about the social life, but if you know the right people you will have a good time. No parties on campus because its a dry campus, but there are some every weekend off campus. Academics are a priority and are very good especially if you are looking into any sort of education major or church work. Sports exist but our teams are sucky. Food is sometimes sketchy, but they serve brunch on the weekends and its the bomb.com.

Matt

I would give myself the advice to be more open to all people without judging them because you don't know there story and where they came from.

It is a Christian school, so I would say non- Christians shouldn't attend this school because they will feel out of place.

It is 5 miles away from the heart of Chicago, and the last stop on the el is less than a mile away from campus so you do not feel like you are in the city but you can get down there very easily. As well, River Forest is one of the nicest suburbs in all of Illinois.

Justin

The advice I would give to myself would be to not go to Aurora University, as it was a waste of time, and I could have gone to Concordia much earlier. If I did, I would have a lot more friends.

The best thing about my school is the events. Every single week at Concordia, there is always something going on campus, such as dances, ultimate frisbee, concerts, movie nights, etc.

The most frustrating thing would be how at times, people can act rather shady and unfriendly.

Jasmine

If I could rewind to August 2008 , I would do a complete spin on my life. From the people I surrounded myself with to the classes I chose to take. The first thing I would have done differently is not take any study halls and retake classes that I previously got low grades in. I would come to class on time and not be complaceive. I gradguated with a 2.8 and could have had at least a 3.5, but I settled. Today, I am learning that being mediocre isn't good enough for me. I am ambitious and want to be the best person I am capable of being for myself and for my son. I want to expand my knowledge and if I ever fail, I want to try again and again until I get it right. I would have told my senior self that friends come and go, but your educational background is always permanent !

Aminat

If I could go back in time, i would tell myself to pay more attention in class, do my assignments and not to play around. Although i came to this realization late, i know if i had put in all my best. I would have been able to make a lot of difference academically, my grades would have been better and i would have been able to get admission to any school i wanted.

Natalie

All the energy you are spending worrying about boys (Denny included) is energy wasted. Do not worry about who you will spend your life with NOW. God has a plan for you, I promise. It looks much better from my perspective. Also, do not be afraid of Concordia's Lutheran tradition. Remember that you need to be open to listening to their beliefs as much as you think they need to be open to listening to yours. God has so much more for you than what you see now, and EVERYONE is trying to tell you that. Don't be afraid of being independent. You won't know how strong you are until you try it by yourself. Just TRY IT. And, heads up: pay attention to the mission work on the mission trip. Not Bryant.

I wish I would have known how to manage my meal plans better. My first year, I got the average meal plan, and it was excessive. My second year, I planned accordingly and signed up for the smaller meal plan instead. BAD IDEA. I had to rely heavily on friends with larger meal plans to make it through the year.

If you want a party atmosphere, do not come to Concordia. There are some students that drink and party, but the focus of the university is very adverse to that objective. Being at Concordia is about being in a Christian community and preparing for careers in the Church, Education System, and World. I do not want to say that non-Lutherans or non-Christians should not attend Concordia because the Christian atmosphere would give them what they need, but I will say that there is a STRONG Lutheran tradition and community felt among students.

Concordia University-Chicago administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.