River Forest, IL
Concordia University-Chicago

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Concordia University-Chicago

Mariana

My classmates are animated and interesting people, each with a different personality and they bring different things to the class.

At this point in my college career, I'd say that what I got out of my college experience is a sense of what it means to be independent. For instance, previously, I've never been concerned about money because everything I needed was provided for me. However, now, I have been seeking employment and gaining experience so that I would be able to pay for what I need on my own. Also, I enjoy spending time volunteering, spending time with friends and family, and other things that aren't academic or work related. Therefore, I realize that to really be able to be independent, I must be able to prioritize and manage my time.

What I consider the best thing about my school is the fact that the school is both quiet, yet eventful, which allows for productive study time as well as a good time.

Christina

I attend a community college in my area. When I first began school, I was young and didn’t realize the value of an education. I dropped out after three semesters. Time passed, my life continued to grow and I matured. I returned to school full-time with the idea of obtaining my Associate’s degree in Small Business Management and had no real intention of continuing my education beyond that point, fearing that I wouldn’t be able to handle the upper division course material. As I have progressed through my classes, I was honored to find that I made the Dean’s list every semester with a 3.0 or higher. Though I am in school full-time, I continue to serve in my home church ministries, work part-time and raise five children. I look at all that I have accomplished thus far and can sum up that I have done well. Through my accomplishments I have become more confident in my abilities to achieve more. If I had not returned to college to finish my Associate’s degree, I would not have gained the confidence in myself to continue on to obtain my Bachelor’s degree.

Alejandro

They are outgoing and helpful.

They are outgoing and helpful.

So far i have gotten alot out of my college experience. I have learned how to make friends and be helpful to all my peers. Playing on the soccer team for the university has helped me experienced a high level of competition. My freshman year has been very valuable to me. I have learned alot of new things while attending concordia university. The quality time that i get to spend with teachers really helps me be successful. I am content with the accessibility to all my teachers.

There is really nothing bad about my school. The only thing i do consider kind of bad is the negativity of other students. They tend to be negative toward the school and say how it is boring and there is nothing to do. I believe it is good and pretty fun and i am bothered when i hear students talk about that.

Magdalena

My school is comfortable and beautiful. The greenery surrounding the campus makes it very appealing to look at and sit outside to study. The campus is small so most of the students know everyone. We are a tight knit community that is working together to make the most of out college experience.

My classmates are eager to learn and work together in study groups to better understand hard matterial.

My college experience has been life changing! I earned the money needed to pay for the first semester by myself. This was the first time money was coming out of my own pocket for education. This meant that if I did not try my best I was only hurting myself and the hard work I had put in to get myself here. Knowing this, I had more motivation to work hard in my school work and extracurricular activities. My first year of college was also the first time I did not live with my family for a whole year. This meant that I was on my own. I did not have a curfew or set of rules that my parents could enforce because I lived under their roof. The feeling was both exhilarating and terrifying. I was responsible for my actions and had to rely on myself and my own conscience to know what was right and how to make the correct decisions. The whole experience was very valuable to me because I learned independence and what it meant to be an adult. I learned to rely on myself and my own willpower which made me strong as a person.

Joseph

My classmates are dedicated individuals that see obstacles as a worthwhile challenge in order to receive their graduating degrees.

The advice I would give to myself would be the following. The key to successful years in college life is not about grades or getting the most spectacular degree that will ensure a salary of six digit numbers. The true value of college life is WHAT I want to value during college life. I have one life to spend energy on, therefore I might choose something worthwhile in college so that I can look back and say, "I did not waste time." I should not put all my focus on, "Where will I get an education, what dorm should I choose, or I need that specific grade in order to continue my life." A person who has chosen a goal or degree he or she sees worth doing and spending every second, sweat, blood, and tear will always be happy. No matter what the obstacle, no matter the rejection letters, no matter what. If you are serious in getting a degree that will lead you to a career you find worthwhile then you have that drive to succeed in college life. That is WHAT you need to value. That drive that will take you to that ultimate goal and reality.

This school is fantastic for being small enough where students are comfortable to seek the help of professors whenever they need assistance. With this convenience students are able to understand the lessons clearly and thoroughly. Therefore, it is a shame that this school does not have any medical degrees to offer because this convenience I just described would do well for medical students.

Holly

If I could go back in time to give myself advice about college, the main thing I would tell myself is to be active and try as many new things at the start as possible. Getting involved is a great way to establish a group of friends and helps make the campus more familiar. Granted I am not the shy type of person, but I would tell myself to stick to my gut instict because having faith in myself is the best modivation to try new things and do will at them. Also, even if the orentation events seem lame, try them because learning to laugh at myself early on will help to build confience in the future. All in all I just need to stay true to myself and trust that every part of my life up till now has prepared me for this and everything will be just fine, and deep down I always know it!

How many activities that the campus provides free of charge to the students. There are always great activities to help keep the students busy and entertained every month; plus their is a group of students who have the imput on what goes on with the activities on campus.

Don't bring your intire closet. And make sure you are yourself, you were born an origanl don't die a copy.

The food. The food here is the same greasy thing every day. It makes me literaly sick.

Anyone who is willing to work hard while having fun in the process.

The school is most know for being a teacher college when it first opened and also being called Concorida River Forest. It is now called Concordia Chicago and most of the alumni are mad about the name change.

Don't get discouraged about all the stuff going on at school. College is way different and everyone will accept you the way you are and be your friend. You will meet a lot of nice and friendly people and have a great college experience. You will meet some great professors that you will remember the rest of you life. Some of the classes will be very difficult but you will work hard and get through them and the ones you don't pass you will try again and work even harder next time. You will meet some great freshman friends your sophomore year and you will be a great help them. You will become a family and grow stronger everyday and build a bond that will last forever.

The food because we have the same thing all the time. There is harly any variety in the food so a lot of people end up eating out or going out on the weekends. Also, security beccause they don't do anything and don't enforce the campus rules and regulations.

Alyssa

I would tell myself to do my research! College is a huge investment, of time and money, and ultimately helps define you as a person. Therefore where you go and what you study is a life changing decision. Take time and look at all your options, and most importantly make sure you give yourself options. Apply everywhere and anywhere you might possibly be interested in, that way you can see what you are offered and make your decision based on that. Also start applying as soon as you are able for scholarship and grants and any financial aid you can get your hands on. The most important thing is to take your time and pick a school that fits all of your needs as well as wants, because it is out there you just have to find it.

It is small and personal and therefore the teachers really know the students, it is very welcoming and easy to feel comfortable at. Not to mention it has an excellent education department (which is the field I am going into) and there is always a friendly face near by. In addition it is a mere train ride away from one of the United State's most famous cities!

I am new to this school so I have not found something that frustrates me yet. However from the schools (colleges) I have attended I found the most frustrating thing to be how impersonal and difficult to understand they were. As a freshmen I did not know where to go for help or who I should talk to. However thus far at my current school they have been more than helpful and I have had no problems.

Matthew

I would tell myself not to worry so much. As a high school senior, I was very caught up in the pressures of finding a good school and picking a carreer. I would encourage myself to go to community college and explore the different fields at a reduced price so I could find my favorite major without feeling like i was wasting money. There is nothing to be afraid of, so I wish I hadn't worried so much about where I was going to end up. I am very happy with where I am now, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I certainly couldv'e gotten here just the same with much less stress. So, past self, just relax. Things really will work out in the end.

The worst thing about my school is the price. It is more expensive than other schools, but they school is very generous with financial aid.

I brag about how friendly everyone is here. From the moment I got to this school, everyone I've met has been very helpful and friendly.

Concordia University-Chicago administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.