River Forest, IL
Concordia University-Chicago

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Concordia University-Chicago

Cindy

The advice that I would give students on choosing the right college is to go visit as many colleges that they would consider attending and see what they have to offer in regards to academics, sports, student life and how well the school seems to fit your needs. I think that choosing the right school you have to be sure when you do go vist make sure you feel comfortable being there and that they offer the program of study that you wish to go into. Don't go to a school that you don't feel that great about because it's going to be four years of your life that you'll be there. In making the most of your college experience make sure that you participate in groups, organizations and activities that are of interest to you so that you can make friends and feel like a part of the school family. Be sure that the school you choose to go to gives it's best effort in making your college experience the best. For parents I say let your child chose you don't want to choose for them and have them hate their college experience.

I wish I had known that it was a highly Education school more than anything else. I was not aware of the fact that Concordia was an Education school and that most of the students that go there go into Education majors to become teachers. But I think that having found this out after having decided to attend there has made me realize what I want to major in. I have chose to major in Psychology and be a child psychologist in a school.

I think that the most frustrating thing about my school is that there is not a lot of diversity among the student body. The limited amount of diversity makes a lot of the students feel uncomfortable or even sometimes making them feel like they do not belong as part of the school. I would like to see more of a diverse student body because that would make everyone feel more welcomed and comfortable to be a part of the school.

Judgmental and closed-minded

Judgmental and closed-minded

I was accepted to many colleges, but I was narrow-minded when it came to selecting my school. I knew I wanted to play two sports, and I knew I wanted to go into education, which my school was well-known for. I never even went to another campus to check out what they might have to offer! Prospective students need to take time to visit each campus they might be even slightly interested in. New students might even find it helpful to ask around when they visit campuses. Current students will almost always give a truthful answer about the housing, the amount of on-campus activities, off-campus activities, jobs, ministries, and clubs or programs that they might like to belong to, and overall college experience.

Closed-minded and conservative

Robert

People accept one another and check in on eachother.

People accept one another and check in on eachother.

College is a place that students can be stimulated to grow in knowledge, friendship and personal skills. When looking for a college do not just look for the cheapest or the best academically, but I would encourage you to find one that has a relational atmosphere. If this is the case then you will see that academically they are great and that they will be willing to help you financially no matter the cost. In a school that is relational you will find that the Professors and Teachers care about the students and other faculty members. With that atmosphere you will find the enviroment is academically stimulating. So search for a place based on their care and love, and the enviroment created by students, faculty and staff and there you will find the college that will provide the best education; the college of your dreams. Blessings on your search for a beautiful college. Thanks for your time.

Concordia University-Chicago administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.