Concordia University-Chicago Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Concordia University-Chicago

Overall, Concordia is a good university. People complain about the social life, but if you know the right people you will have a good time. No parties on campus because its a dry campus, but there are some every weekend off campus. Academics are a priority and are very good especially if you are looking into any sort of education major or church work. Sports exist but our teams are sucky. Food is sometimes sketchy, but they serve brunch on the weekends and its the bomb.com.

Guadalupe

Attending CUC makes me feel like if I was still in high school, with the small class sizes. As the class sizes are smaller, the professors have more of a chance to help each one of their students individually, which makes them more helpful. The professors are actually great. They try working out their office hours around their students schedules, if they every need help or something. The professors are very kind and help you out in many ways possible just to see their students succeed. CUC has a great optimistic atmosphere, within its students, professors and staff. CUC is a small campus, which is actually great because if you're ever running late, the buildings are all next to each other. One would prefer a bigger campus, but its actually great thats its small. CUC is a great place to attend. CUC actually offers much help for their incoming freshmen's and even for their transfer students. A lot of scholarships are offered, including to their current students.

kristal

I think that it's decent. It's a safe environment thus I never have to worry about my safety. The food is decent but can get tiresome after not having much of a variety. I think that the costs are expensive but that's probably true for every college. I don't mind attending Concordia. I'm happy with meeting new people and making new friends.

SJ

I really enjoy it here and hope I have a good time pursuing my degree and possible post-grad academics. Everyones friendly and profs are helpful and work with you to encourage a good experience. I'm not the smartest but with teacher's support I am doing fairly well.

Sasha

CUC is a great school, I really love how small the campus and class sizes are.

Crystal

I really enjoy the school. Even though it is a Lutheran school, not everybody here is Lutheran. It is a great school to meet others and find out more about yourself. It is a fairly small campus in a nice suburb, very close to Chicago, and it feels extremely safe. I love the environment and the people here. It is a great fit.

haley

very close to students.

S.J.

I enjoyed being there very much , River Forest was great and quite charming! The students I met were all very friendly and the campus had a very pleasant, community type feeling. The neighborhood around the college was also very charming and safe and gorgeous to walk through. Can't wait to attend!

Concordia is a small but cozy university. It's close to River Forest and Oak Park shopping, and the campus is inviting. I'm somewhat new to the school, but already I feel at home and I feel like I'm getting a quality education. I would recommend this university to a home-body that's looking for small class sizes and a close knit group of friends!

Sammy

Cheap af and a way to take money from students. I'm glad my friend who goes there gave me a warning. Hopefully he can leave soon, if they ever get their act together and actually let him instead of saying dumb excuses like "Our person who handles withdrawls isn't here, so you can't leave"

Aia

I was mistreated by a professor who happens to be dean of that school. I didn't like the way the school administration handle the case. I called, emailed and left messages for the concerned people and no one, not even my academic/admission advisors replied to my request. I am totally disappointed​ and I had to drop out of that school because of the way they handle my case by avoiding to respond to my phone calls and emails.

Cassandra

The overall university is a good place to study if one is interested in being able to have good connects with professors and classmates/peers. The faculty is always willing to work with students to make everyday class life beneficial to student themself. Being able to communicate with everyone will help a student succeed at this university.

Thomas

I really like the school and everyone is very helpful when in need of assistance. The professors are very supportive and provide valuable feedback on every subject. Also, the lesson are explained in details for understanding. Furthermore, the lessons are very easy to comprehend.

Samir

Concordia University-Chicago is a safe and intellectual environment that encourages its students to bring out their true character. With a population size of approximately 1,500 students, class sizes are smaller than the average university which allows students to truly interact with one another so they can get to know each other on a more personal level and combine each other's ideas into one creative and intellectual creation.

brynn

it is a very nice, clean, small school that I found to be the perfect fit for me. Concordia offered me a great tour held by a current student. the staff that we met along the way was extremely welcoming and friendly. I had the privilege to meet the school's president on my visit and have a conversation with him, I did not have this opportunity at other schools that I have visited.

Jazmin

As soon as I stepped into Concordia there was a sense of belonging and just felt homelike. The students and teachers were approachable and related to the visitors. The dorms were very pretty even the older ones and the overall campus even though it's small it felt perfect.

Ninette

It is a great school if you are going for education or arts. It is not great for anyone who may struggle academically. The support system is not there and it is very difficult to get in contact with anyone in the office, let alone get answers without getting the run around.