Portland, OR
Concordia University-Portland

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Concordia University-Portland

Alexandra

Faculty is very supportive.

Faculty is very supportive.

Emma

It's a nice, small 4 year university. The staff are super knowledgeable, and keep regular office hours on campus, so they are very available. The students here are also really friendly, especially those on student government and part of the RA staff. There is a real sense of community here!

Alena

Concordia University-Portland has charming traditions such as their Tree Lighting Ceremony that takes place in the beginning of December, filled with carols, cookies, and hot chocolate. I highly recommend that people apply for the honors program here––you get a half-tuition scholarship, plus the professors you have in the honors program are usually the best here. This University has a small campus and small population of students, but that makes the community that much closer. Mostly everyone is friendly and polite, and because of its location of a liberal city, people are open towards various opinions. Portland is beautiful–-there are tons of hiking destinations, coffee shops, art galleries, etc. Concordia is walking distance from Alberta street, which contains a taste of downtown Portland that students love to explore. I would say a student's experience here depends on what they make of it; you can participate in the activities that the school hosts on weekends and go out with friends, or you can think negatively. If you put yourself out there, you will be bound to make life-long friends and have great adventures, while also striving academically. Use your resources here, there are a ton. The school offers tutoring, jobs, activities, and is located in a beautiful, green city. Take advantage of it all, and you won't regret it.

Kiere

I love Concordia, because the want everyone to be successful. There are so many outlets to help you strive foe success. At this university if you fail it is just because you did not app;y yourself. The people and teachers are so polite and nice, which makes this the right environment for me.

I went to Concordia for 2 years and lived on campus. Personally, I loved it. The campus is small so you meet the majority of you class, and because it was a small private school I felt that the students all wanted to be there, and cared about their education. Professors were wonderful (Except the nursing program, it is awful, do not go to their nursing school). On campus housing was nice, a little out of date, but I didnt have any problems. Food was also good, a little repetitive, but nothing worth complaining about. The campus is gorgeous, the main lawn called the "green" is literally green all year. Overall I loved Concordia.

Cathy
Challenging

Very generous

Challenging

Very generous

Tatyana

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would stress starting college passionate for your degree and being prepared to give as much dedication as possible. I had too many distractions during my first couple years in college. I volunteered a lot, worked, lived at home with family, and a couple years later was engaged and planned a wedding within a 10 month span, which took an excess amount of time from my studies. I would also tell myself to quit procrastinating and get steady in that. I would strongly encourage myself to maintain a strong connection to my support systems; christianity (God), family, church and a few close friends. Also, to continue volunteering at church but not too many hours a week so you don't get burned out and want to just quit everything on you plate. Another bit of advice would be to not expect perfection from yourself for all facets of life and not doubt what feels right inside, but press on with the passion for the goodwill in your heart.

I wish I knew that financial aid would not cover my education after I got married. Since this school is 26,000 a year, and I am hardly getting any aid or grants, I wish I stood by my previous community college route and then finished my bachelor's online.

My classmates are studious, hard-working, helpful, friendly, and diverse.

Do not assume that you are unable to accomplish a higher education degree. In addition to being the first member in your family to attend college, you will also (one day) earn your doctorate of education (EDD) degree from Concordia University. You will be an instructor at Concordia University and Rogue Community College.

The type of student that shoud not attend this school includes someone who is not interested in a rigorous academic learning experience. This school is for students who are serious about their education.

Concordia University in Portland, Oregon, is a place to grow intelectually, but it's also a place to find friendship and professors who genuinely care about their students.

The advice I would give myself would be to not worry about the little things. When your in high school everything seems like the end of the world, but it's not. It's just the beginning, and thats the amazing part. Whatever happens throughout high school eventually doesn't matter. I would tell myself to not be concerned with the judgment of other people, how many friends I have, or how many school dances I get asked to. Because when you get to college, all of those things become irrelevant. High school doesn't define who you are or who you're going too be. Everything that ever happened in high school is forgotten and in the past. I met amazing new people and have created a family at my new home. The great thing about college is you get to find yourself and try anything and everything you want too. It's the most exciting, hardest, scariest, and best rollercoaster I have ever been on. The last piece of advice would to myself would be to live in the moment and know that there are great things on the path ahead.

The best thing about my school is how accepting and helpful everyone is, including the professors. A big thing here is service and community. Everyone is involved in clubs and community service. We all love to help others and help change our community for the better. I was terrified of leaving for college, but I couldn't have made a better choice. Within the first week this place felt like home cause of how welcoming everyone is. If I had to go back and do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing.

The most unique thing about my school is that it offers an incredible oppurtunity to be apart of the nursing program as a freshman. As long as the student maintains a 3.25 GPA and obtains their CNA license, they do not have to apply to the nursing program their junior year, they're automatically in the program. This is a huge deal because of how competitive nursing programs are. It is also a very motivating component to keep your grades up and maintain in the nursing program from the very beginning.

Natalie

As a high school senior I wish I would have spent more time searching for scholarships and thinking about what career I really wanted to end up doing. I would tell myself that college is too expensive to waste time taking classes that do not count towards your degree. I would also tell myself not to choose a school based on a boyfriend or the easiest option. Instead, choose a school based on price, location, and how well the school is rated for the specific program you want to complete.

There was nothing bad about Concordia.

This school offered an accelerated Masters program for teachers.

Concordia University-Portland administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.