Portland, OR
Concordia University-Portland

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Concordia University-Portland

Michelle

My school is a small university that forces you to be influencial in the world.

My school is a small university that forces you to be influencial in the world.

My classmates are growing and developing into the people they want to be everyday.

When I first got into college I was so scared that people woulden't like me that I hid out in my room for the first week. I would tell myself that when you put yourself out there to be known you gain courage to face anything scary that comes your way. I would have signed up to be in Traditional housing to guarentee that I would be forced to meet others. It was nice having a sink and bathroom to myself but it sucked that I had to work twice as hard to meet others around me. The amount of people and friends I made was such a shock my next year when I lived in traditional housing. I ran into people everywhere I went and made amazing friendships by being forced to see them everyday in the bathroom. I really didn't have to go out of my way to try to meet people. My junior year I am again in traditional housing and I have bonded with everyone of my dormmates. Its like having 30 of your closest friends living with you. I only wished I could have walked into college living in that style of housing.

Sabrina

Recent high school graduates can learn finding the right college can be a harrowing experience. To keep up on class work, social life, and family life while realiazing which college is the right fit can be like crossing a river on slippery stones all while balancing several books in arm. It's important to know one's self when crossing this river, including knowing one's likes and dislikes. This was my biggest problem. I had graduated from a small class of fifty students. This made me assume I wanted this out of my college experiece, which made me rule out larger universities. However, I wish I had taken action and found out for sure if I didn't like bigger classes. I could have done this by sitting in a class at a bigger university. If I truly did not like it, then I could have ruled it out, making a more informed decision. Instead, I have learned that too small a university is something I do not enjoy, $20,000 later. Being active can make the decision process less daunting. In so doing, this allows the student more confidence when arriving to the other side of the river.

If you're Lutheran and more on the liberal side, this University is good for you. Also, if you like small classes and a small, small campus, this is just right.

Sydney

It is a very small school that has a very good reputation. It is part of a chain of Lutheran schools, ours being the most liberal of them all. There is a huge emphasis put on academics and we have some world renowned proffessors and researchers teaching full time on our campus.

Really think about where you want to live, take great care in thinking about the weather and how far it is from things that one is used to like certain shopping or hobbies. If you really like to ski and have grown up in the northwest, dont move to Florida.

Mostly about the community in the school. Community is an emphasised part of our school, and the staff and faculty really encourage us to become a part of the school community. There are staff and faculty that live on campus, and many faculty live very near campus and encourage students to visit them at their homes.

AILEEN

THAT THE FACULTY ARE SUCH NICE PEOPLE WHO WANTS EVERYONE ACCEPTED INTO THE SCHOOL TO SUCCEED.

SOMEONE WHO HAS A HUMANITARIAN HEART AND READY TO CARE FOR THE NEED SHOULD COME TO MY PROGRAM AND GET THE PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE HE OR SHE NEEEDS. TO JOIN MY PROGRAM, YOU HAVE TO BE ACADEMICALLY FOCUSED. BE PREPARED WITH ENOUGH FINANCE TO CARRY YOU THROUGH SO YOU DON'T STRESS OUT MORE ON FINANCES.

FIRST OF ALL, RESEARCH ABOUT THE SCHOOL. GO TO THEIR WEB SITE, ASK FORMER STUDENTS, CURRENT STUDENTS ABOUT WHAT THEY LIKE ABOUT THE SCHOOL AND WHAT THEY DO NOT LIKE. FIND OUT HOW WELL THEY PASS THEIR BOARD EXAMS. FIND OUT IF THEY HAVE AIDS AVAILABLE TO HELP THOSE WHO CANNOT AFFORD. FIND OUT HOW STRONG THE TEACHER STUDENT RELATIONSHIP IS. CHOOSE SCHOOL THAT ARE ACADEMICALLY AND CAREER FOCUSED. KNOW THE SIZE OF THE CLASS BECAUSE THE LARGER THE CLASS SIZE THE LEAST ONE TEACHER WILL BE ABLE TO GIVE ONE ON ONE ATTENTION TO EVERY STUDENT. CHOOSE SCHOOL THAT HAVE ALUMNI INVOLVEMENT. THIS WILL CREATE OPPORTUNITY FOR CURRENT STUDENTS TO HAVE SECURE NET WORK CONNECTION. CHOOSE SCHOOL THAT HAVE 21ST CENTURY INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGY. MORE SO, SCHOOL THAT UPHOLDS MORAL STANDARD AND HAVE REWARD FOR OFFENDERS. THIS WILL HELP KEEP CHARACTER IN CHECK AND MAKE ENVIRONMENT SAFER FOR EVERYONE. CHOOSE SCHOOL THAT DO NOT CONDONE CHEATING IN EXAMS. WE NEED GRADUATES TO BE ABLE TO DEFEND THEIR CERTIFICATE AND NOT BE A RISK TO THEMSELVES AND OTHERS IN CLINICAL. SCHOOL THAT HAVE A PASSION TO HELP IN THE COMMUNITY.

Tanya

There best know for small class and getting indivdual help with the instructor.

There best know for small class and getting indivdual help with the instructor.

First of all, look at the college website any explore to see how easy it is to use their website and what class you would take. Go check out the campus and talk to the adviser. Get a feel of the school and what you want to get out of the school expect education.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is the one that does not care about thier education.

Do your research on the university and make sure you visit, possibly even an overnight stay to be able to get a feel for what it would be like to be a student, as well as getting the inside scoop from existing students. Also look into colleges maybe a little further from home to encourage self sufficiency and growing up and out :)

Lack of communication from administration to students. Includes safety, standards, campus issues, tudent rights, and academics.

It's a really small campus, and not many people have heard of it. So it gets old having to explain about it sometimes. But we are growing so that's a good thing.

You have to visit a school before you can decide to go there, and when you visit, take the tour and then try and picture yourself living there, walking around, and going to classes. And don't pick a school based on where your friends are all going, one of the most fun parts of the first few weeks of college is meeting new friends and building relationships. When I came to Concordia, I did not know a single person that went here, and now that I've been here for a year and a half, I have so many close friends that I know I will keep in touch with for the rest of my life, and I have had some really awesome experiences with them that would have never happened if I were still hanging out with a bunch of my high school friends.

Darin

This is an awesome school. Financial aid helps, but it's getting more difficult to find loans.

The smaller classroom learning environment.

They are professionals who know where they're going.

Caitlin

If your going to a community college make sure you have a plan. When you transfer make sure you get involved in campus life.

A person that is up for anything and that wants to meet new people.

David

Concordia is smaller and has a stronger community than most universities; never have I seen a university put so much effort and hire so many people to help improve a very divided community as much as they do here.

A number of high school seniors put off the selection process and then, with a deadline approaching, pick the first opportune college they find. This, however common it appears, is NOT IDEAL! To best find a college that suits your needs I suggest visiting and touring many campuses and learning as much as you can about each one before making a decision. Start the process early. Even if you know you will not be attending a college or university, it is beneficial to check it out simply to afterwards be able to identify what aspects you liked and disliked in order to help you better know what you are looking for in a university. I guarantee you if you visit just one college it will look like the right one, no matter what, because it will be all you know. Once you start touring though, it may become a more difficult decision. But I can almost guarantee there will be one that will stick out above the rest as the place you want to spend some of the most crucial and best years of your life.

Concordia is a liberal arts university that focuses on educating students based on the socratic method rather than just straight bookwork; it aims to open up discussion rather than simply give you the answers.

Concordia University-Portland administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.