Concordia University-Portland Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Concordia University-Portland

I went to Concordia for 2 years and lived on campus. Personally, I loved it. The campus is small so you meet the majority of you class, and because it was a small private school I felt that the students all wanted to be there, and cared about their education. Professors were wonderful (Except the nursing program, it is awful, do not go to their nursing school). On campus housing was nice, a little out of date, but I didnt have any problems. Food was also good, a little repetitive, but nothing worth complaining about. The campus is gorgeous, the main lawn called the "green" is literally green all year. Overall I loved Concordia.

Cathy

Very generous

Kiere

I love Concordia, because the want everyone to be successful. There are so many outlets to help you strive foe success. At this university if you fail it is just because you did not app;y yourself. The people and teachers are so polite and nice, which makes this the right environment for me.

gayle

I enjoy going to Concordia University-Portland. The professors are solid and the classes are relevant. There is not busy work. There are many lively discussions inside and outside of class. The professors respond with grades and student concerns in a timely manner. I feel extremely challenged here.

Alena

Concordia University-Portland has charming traditions such as their Tree Lighting Ceremony that takes place in the beginning of December, filled with carols, cookies, and hot chocolate. I highly recommend that people apply for the honors program here––you get a half-tuition scholarship, plus the professors you have in the honors program are usually the best here. This University has a small campus and small population of students, but that makes the community that much closer. Mostly everyone is friendly and polite, and because of its location of a liberal city, people are open towards various opinions. Portland is beautiful–-there are tons of hiking destinations, coffee shops, art galleries, etc. Concordia is walking distance from Alberta street, which contains a taste of downtown Portland that students love to explore. I would say a student's experience here depends on what they make of it; you can participate in the activities that the school hosts on weekends and go out with friends, or you can think negatively. If you put yourself out there, you will be bound to make life-long friends and have great adventures, while also striving academically. Use your resources here, there are a ton. The school offers tutoring, jobs, activities, and is located in a beautiful, green city. Take advantage of it all, and you won't regret it.

Emma

It's a nice, small 4 year university. The staff are super knowledgeable, and keep regular office hours on campus, so they are very available. The students here are also really friendly, especially those on student government and part of the RA staff. There is a real sense of community here!

Wanita

It is a good school and provides a good spiritual foundation as well as academic success. The professors are available whether a student takes online courses or is attending classes physically. Students are encouraged to be aware of how to help others who are close to them or are part of a general population.

Lesley

I love this institution. The small campus makes it SO easy to get to class in just a few minutes. Everyone here is very nice; students, faculty, staff, and even the community members. The student leaders and faculty make sure to make the campus is a safe place for everyone. There isn't one faculty member who hasn't smiled at me and/or waved as they walked passed. It's just a great place and community overall.

Professors have been very knowledgeable and available to students. The classroom sizes are small and conducive to a positive and fruitful learning environment. School enrollment officers are supportive and resourceful. Each department that I have communicated with are great about meeting my needs as a student.

Alexandra

Faculty is very supportive.

Jasmine

It is a very small university. It is good that it is small because we get to learn more through participation in class and we also get to know our professors on a first name basis. Sometimes the social life on campus is a little dry. By that I mean that there aren't that many people to socialize with and since the campus is so small the student events aren't very big and exciting. Overall, however, I have met friends that I will have for a lifetime along with an education that will help me live a intelligent yet curious life.

Chase

Concordia can be a great school if that’s what you choose to make of it. The staff and counselors are always readily available. There are a ton of student activities that you can attend with friends! The Education program is new, but it is probably going to be one of the best in the US. The staff in the education program truly care about your success.

Isabel

I enrolled here after attending two big universities. I absolutely fell in love from my first day here! The teachers genuinely care about the students and want you to succeed and the other faculty are extremely helpful and genuine. If you can get over the abundance of rainy days you really can't beat it!

Concordia University is a very small private school. A great thing about it is the smaller class sizes so you can get more individual time with our teachers and they can get to know you on a more personal level. Smaller classes are also helpful when getting to know the other students.

Hallie

Concordia University is a nice, community oriented university. There professors are very nice and intelligent, and advisors are helpful, but many of the other offices do not communicate well. I had to request multiple times for a scholarship that I had received be put on my account. Many other people also had issues with the financial aid office putting extra fees on their accounts as well.

Mollijoy

Excellent school supportive safe and smart they care about the students and there well being . I have gained so much from learning at Concordia university Portland I love this school they are non profit and the scholarships are always a good insentive . It is a highly intense but rewarding education .

Daisy

It feels a little like high school. As soon as you walk into the dining hall, you instantly see the cliques. It is hard for commuter students to connect to others because the majority of the study body lives on campus. The professors are very friendly and always available to help.

nicole

Concordia is a great school. The teachers, counselors and advisors are always there to help students in any way they need. The campus is great and very nice. They have great programs and make everything easy for the students. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a greta nursing or sports science program.

Maria

We have strong academic programs and our faculty is amazing. we are however a very "dry" campus as some college students would refer to it but if you come to learn than that shouldn't be a problem. Everything you need is of walking distance so you do not need to rely on transportation all the time.

lariah

Concordia is a(n) excellent school, professor's are great, the environment is safe, and people are nice. Although, when diversity is involved, we tend to lack a lot. I am a student of color and sometimes, I do tend to feel that I am not apart of the "Family". I live off campus because I feel I can not be myself due to the fact of judgement from people. In my freshman intro class, we broke into little groups, and inside those groups we talked about our culture. As we were sharing, my hip-hop soulful connection wasn't matching anyone else. My group never made me feel out of the loop but I did feel like I didn't belong. It's great here, but need more diversity.

Jorge

Concordia has been very great, and has given me a great opportunity to learn. I'm a doctorate student, and have been supported since day one. It is a school that impresses me on every level, and continue to thrive in their rigorous courses.

I hate how much I love this school. I am heartbroken that it is closing after this semester. I have given 3 years of my life to this college and my professors are some of my favorite people. I would willingly transfer to any school that they end up at.

Casandra

My overall opinion of Concordia University - Portland is that all in all, this school and it's staff deeply care about your success at their school. They do not treat you as a burden or as an annoyance; they truly will utilize whatever resources are available to make you feel more secure in your educational career.

Julia

It's a great, tight-knit, community. The RA's are not all perfect, they're human. The professors work with you as much as the advisors. The campus is small which makes it really easy to navigate. Security is great for on-campus housing, we use key cards to get into all of the buildings for the school. We also have an on campus pantry for students who need a little support.

Sydney

This school is amazing. It is a very community-based campus. The class sizes are incredible since there are only between 15-35 students per class. All the professors are there to help you succeed and only want the best for you. All of the teams on campus are amazing, whether it be Housing, Advising, or anything else on campus there are there for you. It is a very science-based school and I am very happy that I chose to go to school here. I wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

McKinley

I have been thoroughly impressed by the faculty of Concordia University. They frequently reach out to me, check in on me, and assist me in all of my inquiries and needs. They are genuinely helpful, insightful, and help ensure my academic and personal success.

Halie

As an online graduate student with a full time position as a Kindergarten teacher in Vancouver, WA, I have found the classes at Concordia to be extremely convenient and the professors are always available via email with any questions or concerns I might have. Loving it so far!

Fawntina

THis has been a great experience so far.