Concordia University-Saint Paul Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Concordia University-Saint Paul

Grayce

This school was definitely not what I was expecting, and I don't mean that in the best way. The facilities are kind of gross sometimes, the food isn't the greatest nor does it have an expanded selection, and I do not feel that safe around the campus, which is unfortunate. The housing is okay but can get kind of frustrating sometimes with the visiting hours not enforced. The rules are very odd because they are strict with some things and completely laxed about others which is frustrating.

Habi

A great private school to meet some amazing people with a lot to say. I've meet some of my closest friends there which is amazing. Small classroom sizes, but professors are really easy to talk to. A lot of opportunities you just have to open your mind to. You can really find yourself here, at least I did!

Garrett

Academically, this is as strong a school that you'll find in Minnesota. Unfortunately, quite a few students focus too much on the way things look, as apposed to the way things are. You'll get a great education here, and the campus is changing rapidly (four new buildings in the past ten years). Overall, this is a great school that is quite underrated for what it delivers (I've known several people who have come here, transfered out, and then transfered right back). Great College!

Habi

It's a good school that is small enough to recognize people's faces. The professors are friendly and the classes are small. I've met many of my closest friends there and that number keeps growing each year. It's a very diverse school too- which I love- and is so different from what I usually experience!

I love this college. I love how the teachers, staff, and volunteers want to see me succeed. I love that I can go to anyone with any problem and they will help me, or directly connect me with the person who can. The class sizes are small, so you get to know your professors. The teachers have all had experience in the field they are teaching. Everyone is nice and respectful, and everyone belongs.

Kiara

It just wasn’t a good fit for me. Transferring next year. The area around the school is scary. I would never go out alone. Our cars are always getting broke into. They tow our cars all the time. The dorms are very old and have never been updated. For a private school with a big tuition you would think it would be nicer. Some of the professors seem unsure of what they are teaching. It just wasn’t a good fit for me.

It is a very welcoming school that is affiliated with the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. The teachers are all very knowledgeable about their designated subject and are willing to help students with what they need. The campus may be in the city, but there is a nice small feel to the community. Almost every building is connected to the tunnel system allowing students to avoid frigid and snowy winter weather.

Maxine

I personally enjoy the environment of Concordia as the setting is not too big. The people are kind and diverse so making friends and making small-talk is not too difficult. The food is also not too bad as I enjoy their chicken tenders and wrap options. I think it is a pretty great school with great professors and staff.

Payton

I am looking forward to attending Concordia next year as a freshman. I recently went on a campus tour and loved it! There was so much to like about the school such as their small class sizes and overall location. Although it is a small campus, the surrounding metro areas are close as well as numerous other colleges. I was recruited for the softball team so I am excited to continue my softball career and education at Concordia University in St. Paul in the fall of 2019.

Blong

Concordia University - Saint Paul, or CSP, is a small campus filled with diversity and welcoming students, staff, and faculty. Many upper-class men are very helpful and understanding, even staff and faculty members are helpful when help is needed through face-to-face meetings or emailing. CSP is also not as expensive as other private universities, so it is a plus. Paying less for a private education is very appealing and you get what you pay for. Overall I would recommend Concordia University - Saint Paul to students who are interested in private education and saving money with or without a declared major for first and second year students. Also to those who are wanting to experience the city life on campus. And I would not recommend Concordia to a student who is not highly interested in religion, specifically Christianity, and world-wide cultures. or those who want to get away from the city life.

De-lajah

The first time I came to visit Concordia to check it out, I could see myself going here. This was one of the big reasons why I chose this school. I'm not very religious and even though Concordia is a Lutheran college I'm still welcomed and not judged. The professors are very understanding and the student body is amazing. There is always something to do here and you can meet lots of new people.

Makayla

I am very proud of the school that has the first ever Hmong Studies. I really love how the school keeps the class sizes small, and the advisors are really helpful. When I first started Concordia as a PSEO student, I was very nervous about being seen as the “try har high schooler.” But the students are actually really nice and truly do wanna help you!