Concordia University-Texas Top Questions

James

The most frustrating thing about my school is how expensive it is. It is located on a beautiful campus on a nature preserve and has good academic and division three athletic programs but the price per year is close to 40,000 dollars. Coming to a this college as an athlete makes it really difficult to afford even on the highest scholarship because there is no extra time in my schedule around class, homework, and baseball to get a job to pay for the school.

Christopher

How far away it is from where I currently live. I don't own a car, so I currently would have to walk to the campus down a 60 mph speed limit street. I'm currently working on getting a car though, so it shouldn't be that big of a worry.

Rebecca

It is not close to my home. I have a long commute. Cost, for my family it is pretty expensive.

Faith

Due to the small size of the school, it did not offer all of the great sporting events that the bigger schools had but I still think the benefits outweighd the negatives.

Hannah

It is accelerated and the enrollment age restriction is 23, I was accepted when I was 18 due to my academic achievement. The most difficult part about my school is the prejudice regarding my age, my perspectives are considered flawed because I am "inexperienced," and therefore I am not always heard. The other difficulty is that I am very opinionated and this Lutheran University is more often than not close-minded about many topics.

Katie

Since we are a Lutheran University many people who are not Lutheran or Christian for that matter are frustated that they have to take biblical classes in order to graduate. This deters many students from returning for second semester, but for those students who are focused in Christianity these classes are enlightening.

Brandon

getting too complacent with late work

The move from the downtown location to the new Lamar location. Things were not as they said they would be. The ADP students are located in a very bad area of town while the traditional students have a brand new location off of 620. ADP students make up over half of the university population.