Concordia University-Wisconsin Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Concordia University-Wisconsin

Marcoandres

Its a beautiful and healthy college and it gets you on the right path of life!!

John

MBA Program - Instructors are apathetic, Cost is fairly high for what you get, Advisors are non-existent, they must sit around and twiddle thumbs. The only time you hear from them is when you are leaving the program. Instructors have virtually zero interaction with students, they will give only negative feedback and will change your grades on whims a week or two after your assignments were graded. I regret going to Concordia = Wisconsin for graduate studies, I should have gone to a better school. They are only out for your money and they do not live their "Christian Values" that they tout so much. Overall a very bad experience !

Elena

I commute to my school and I am a sophomore currently. From my experience, I don't have anything bad to say. I have changed my major three times and my advisor(s) was extremely helpful and understanding during all them. I had to switch and advisor once, so I can now assume all the advisors there are as helpful as possible.

Mallory

Love this school

Jillian

Concordia University-Wisconsin is not a campus for everyone. The campus, itself, is close knit, easy to get around, and safe. It is located on Lake Michigan (literally) and offers beautiful water views. Most of the staff are graduates of the University and are knowledgeable of the campus, classes, history, and surrounding area. Campus visits are personalized, complete with a person-specific parking space for the day, a welcome on the electronic billboard in the counseling office, and an assigned counselor to answer your specific questions. The campus is inviting, but has some definite draw backs. It is a dry campus, even for those of age. There is no close retail shopping in walking distance or public transportation available to students. Because a great deal of the students are commuter-students, activities take place during the week. Weekly movies in the auditorium are available, but there is little other entertainment. Dorms are required for all freshman. For my freshman year, I was assigned to Chemnitz Hall. It is one of the newest to the campus and has air conditioning, work out treadmills on each floor, and tunnels that reach to the other buildings on campus. ( A big plus when the winter winds blow off the lake!) Each floor is filled with suites that house students in three rooms. The rooms are presented as doubles, 2 people to a room, and 6 people to a suite. The suite has a shower room, 3 hotel-like mirror/sink areas, 2 toilet rooms, a refrigerator and microwave. There is no common area for suite members. These rooms became triples for the 2016-2017 academic year. Three people with 3 desks, beds, dressers, and wardrobes in a space that was designed for two. It was tight! The other dorms have different amenities. Some have full kitchens on each floor, different room layouts, and coed floors. There is something for everyone. Changing of rooms is really difficult and can take a long time to get resolved. Each dorm is close to the main cafeteria. The food choices are surprisingly good! Several choices for lunch and dinner everyday. There are made-to-order sandwich and stir fry options, as well as a daily hot special. Always present are a complete salad bar and fruit options. On special days, there is a soft serve ice cream bar. Several cafeteria plans area available and meal cards can also be used at "The Nest", a self-serve restaurant with fast food-like choices. Fruit, donuts, drinks, and ice cream can be purchased to take to your room. Class sizes are small. Study groups of all kinds are advertised throughout campus and professors keep regular hours. Class selections are limited and do not always have several time slots. There is daily time given for worship and a high presence of religion. Overall, the campus is beautiful and welcoming to anyone who is looking for a quiet school. It has the feel of a high school and can be comforting to those who want a small learning environment. It is not a campus for everyone, and for me, it lacked key elements to being away from home. There is more to a college education than just classroom instruction. College should have more chances to experience. College should be a place to take some interesting classes, meet people, make mistakes, find yourself, find culture, go shopping, work on campus, and yes, even go to a party! CUW has a lot to offer for students in academics, but little to offer for those looking at college as a chance for growing up with a well-rounded, team building, problem-solving, option-filled education.

Cristina

I really like it here. There is a large variety of people to meet, so you'll always find someone with similar interests. The teachers and faculty are always there to help you out. You should never feel alone when you're at CUW, and I mean that in a good way.

Love it here! It's a great school. Every where has things to improve but it's a great place to be with professors who really care. The campus is beautiful and has fun things to do planned by the campus activities board. Everyone on campus is really friendly and supportive of each other.

Madie

Concordia is a very safe place to go to college. We have a tremendous view. Off-campus housing is sparse and on-campus housing sucks your first year, but then you can get a really nice room the higher your status. We have tunnels and a parking structure to keep your car which is nice. Professors really care about their students and are always willing to help. We are a great Christian community. There are lots of activities and resources around campus, though some weeks can look pretty dead around here.

Student

Poorly organized school in nearly all departments. Disappointing.

Alex

It's fantastic school! The view off the bluff is to die for. All of the professors are always available and willing to help whenever needed. The atmosphere is friendly and inviting. There's plenty of food options and they're all pretty good. I'd definitely recommend this school!

Jonathan

Concordia university is a non for profit private university. While the school is expensive you, you are provided with experiences other schools only dream of having. For example, as a first year student I had the luxury of looking inside of a cadaver. While it was weird and smelt funny, it was insightful and helped me understand he human anatomy in a tangible manner. As an entirety the school is very safe and the students are open minded and have conme to learn. There are activities for everybody and clubs for everyone to find their niche. I would recommend This school to anyone.

Malaika

The staff and students are amazing. We have meaningful discussions in class and online. The teachers are always making sure the students are put first because of our education matters. I love this school because of the small classrooms and the more one on one I get to have with my teachers. We focus on whats happening in the real world versus making hypothetical situations. It's an amazing place to get an education because they always make sure the student's needs are put first.

Jason

I love CUW. I have been enrolled at CUW since the fall of 2017 and have loved every minute of it. I live on campus and am extremely pleased with the on-campus housing. The food services could be better. There is not always a great variety of food that is offered and the food that is offered is quite unhealthy. The faculty and staff are very nice and are always accessible which is great. All in all, I love CUW.

Michaela

Choosing to attend Concordia University-Wisconsin to earn my nursing degree has been the best choice I have ever made. I have met so many wonderful friends during just my first year. If you are a Christian they offer so many different groups, Bible studies, and my favorite, Haven. Haven is a worship group get together which happens every Sunday night. Students from campus form bands and play worship songs followed by a short session when a speaker comes in and then a time for prayer. However, if you're not a Christian then you will still love it! There are so many groups and activities to get involved in. The resident halls are great. I met some of my best friends in my hall and my roommates were great. Please come to my school! You will love it just as much as I do!

MaKenna

I love the whole atmosphere, especially the welcoming students, faculty, and staff. The moment I stepped on this campus as a nervous, incoming freshman, I knew I was at home. I also love how they offer the Accelerated Master's of Occupational Therapy (AMOT) program, because I can earn my degree in Occupational Therapy in 4 1/2 years, becoming able to start my dream career as soon as possible.

Santina

Concordia University Wisconsin was my first choice for schooling as I fell in love with school's location overlooking lake Michigan and being twenty-minutes away from Milwaukee. In addition, the academic atmosphere is amazing as I truly feel prepared for graduated school. My professor's integrated service learning projects to help be involved with the community and help promote service to Christ and others.

Caleb

CUW was my top choice when it came to choosing a college. Now, as a freshman, I know I made the right choice. CUW is not a "small" school with "poor" education, but rather it is a school leading in the fields of business, health care, and any major it offers. Professors at CUW are not behind the desk researchers. The professors are people in the top of their field who teach from actual experience and not research. For each department there are CEO's, not low level management, advisors that give feedback to CUW as to tell them what they are looking for when it comes to hiring new employees. This gives CUW an advantage against every other college. Along with being such a solid college that truly is not just sitting around, but rather creating and paving the way in their fields, CUW has the connections. CUW can get you in-touch with exactly every one and everything you need. Companies who need top-level, excellent interns are begging CUW to put them down and advertise them. They want CUW students. Lastly, CUW has connections all over the world. Students looking to go abroad or even work abroad can get connections easily, especially because professors know these connections personally. Concordia University-Wisconsin is one of the top colleges in America, yes that includes Harvard. This is my opinion of CUW. I am writing only what I have experienced and what CUW has shown me.

Annora

Concordia is not a very academically rigorous school. Unless you are majoring in nursing or business, you will not find many classes for your major. The food on campus is terrible, but the dorms are all very nice. Unless you plan on playing a collegiate-level sport or becoming a nurse, Concordia probably isn't the school for you.

nick

Great school for dedicated learners, If you need that personal attention or you want to break away from biased opinions, then concordia is a great school to be apart of. I had originally gone to a public college for a different career. within one year, I had become fed up with political brain washing and lack of professionalism. Ever since I joined the cuw, I have had nothing but positive experiences.

Warren

Very nice school with great class sizes and a gorgeous campus. Very involved professors and instructors with a lot of student resources on campus to help with everyday student life and studies. Very modern technology for learning purposes, a vast amount of resources in the library and student tutoring to aid in classes that you struggle in.

dolgar

Excellent!

Julianne

I have currently finished my second semester at CUW, and I am really happy that I chose to go here. Since I am a visual arts major, I can only speak primarily on the Art Department. The teachers know their subjects like the back of their hand and have shining credentials. This assures me that I am getting a spectacular education in my field. The blended program with a Milwaukee arts school is a perk because I am paying the CUW price, which is cheaper than the art school's pricing. The art teachers are always available and genuinely get to know each of their students, which I appreciate. Whenever we have critiques of our works, I truly take into consideration what they recommend. The food is good also, not restaurant quality, but a lot better than the food at the high school I went to. The staff is nice, also. They make sure to say, "Have a good day," which I appreciate.

Alexandria

Concordia University-Wisconsin is an all around amazing college. As soon as I stepped foot on campus I felt welcomed by everyone around. Not only is Concordia a beautiful campus and only 15 minutes from Milwaukee but it also allows for great academic success. There are a variety of different programs and majors to chose from. Some programs even work with other universities such at Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design and MATC. Concordia university is your home away from home.

Madeline

I enjoy the campus very much and the housing is comfortable. I like the small class sizes and the professors accessibility after classes. The food services could use improvement, but all in all, it is a great institution with many opportunities for individual growth.

Ashanti

Concordia is a great school that has the opportunity to make many individuals greater.

LeEtta

The people are very helpful and kind. Teachers are willing to help as much as they can I you need it. Love what the school offers, such as free laundry, access to the gym, library, printers, and wifi. They have a variety of food options that are good as well.

Faith

My choice of CUW has proven to be one of the best decisions I've made! I love the professors and the friends I have made. One thing I wish was different would be their extracurricular activities because it can get quite boring on campus. If I haven't made friends, there really wouldn't be anything drawing me to this campus. Academically speaking though, the professors are friendly and try their best to help if you have questions (at least the professors I've had).

Lajayvion

it’s a great school and i love it here

Going to Concordia Wisconsin is a great experience because I get to meet lots of new people from all over America. I know people from Colorado, Texas, and even California. The academic programs have amazing teachers and there are lots of sports teams and clubs to join.

Mckenzie

I absolutely love it, such a great community and education system here in Wisconsin, Mequon. The people here are so accepting. For example, the first time I visited I ate in the cafeteria and a girl was sitting alone so a group came up to her and asked if she was waiting for anyone and she said she was not. So they invited her to eat with them. That is the kindness that I saw all over the campus. And that is one of the biggest reasons I chose this college.

Sara

Concordia University- Wisconsin has a healthy balance of academics and extra-curricular activities. Teachers are welcoming, helpful, and often available when you need them. There are many clubs and activities for music, sports, special needs inclusion, and foreign students. There are on campus activities weekly that keep students entertained and engaged in school work and fun!

Jordan

I have attended this school as a transfer student after my Associates Degree in Nursing from Nicolet Technical College. The admissions process was easy, and my advisor got me en route to my degree. I started off one-class-at-a-time and then put it in overdrive to finish in a year. The nursing program core courses were great as they were one at a time for 6 or 8 weeks.

Lisa

Its ok, the school is not very diverse. No education or cultural influence. It very white washed and inconsiderate of diversify. Very oriented in making the faculty a equal opportunity educational center, but in reality its only serves those with high bank accounts or childern who's start out of high school with very rich parents. Alsonif your depending on financial aid,fafsa to over tuition ,think again.