Connecticut College Top Questions

What do students complain about most?

The dining hall here actually has decent food, however the policies of the meal plan are often a point of contention between students and staff. The meal plans only come in three forms - unlimited for students who live in dorms, seven meals a week for students who live in a dorm or apartment with a kitchen and the option to opt out and have no meals per week if you live off campus (under 2{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the school lives off campus). Although most students are on the unlimited plan, many people find the hours of the dining halls to be inconvenient and try to take food out in Tupperware or on disposable plates, bowls, etc. This is highly frowned upon and students have complained multiple times to different people about this. The school claims that they do this to prevent anyone from taking food out, not storing it properly and then getting sick from it, which would be a liability issue. I don't normally have this problem with the cafeteria, but others do.